View Poll Results: Which Superman Villain Should Get Their Own Ongoing?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lex Luthor

11 22.00%
  • Brainiac

2 4.00%
  • General Zod

10 20.00%
  • Bizarro

5 10.00%
  • Mister Mxyzptlk

4 8.00%
  • Cyborg Superman

4 8.00%
  • Metallo

1 2.00%
  • Silver Banshee

2 4.00%
  • Livewire

2 4.00%
  • Parasite

1 2.00%
  • Kryptonite Man

0 0%
  • Doomsday

1 2.00%
  • Toyman

0 0%
  • Batman

4 8.00%
  • Other

3 6.00%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    [center]Agreed. DC/WB should definitely give this "Dark Knight" character a shot (IMHO):
    Of course what makes the Batman option funny is that it means categorizing Batman as a Superman villain.

Near Long Island. No Circus Pizza, though.

Brainiac! Just him slaying and being a badass! Bonus points if they give him his DCAU appearance. That design IS Brainiac for me.
    STAS apologist, New 52 apologist, writer of several DC fan projects.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Most of these could easily helm a mini series of modest size. Lex of course would be the majority choice, but he has had the most exposure of all the ones listed and honestly probably could hold down an ongoing. Zod would also be an interesting run depending on where and when it's set, setting him up as a protagonist would be a different route for him.
    My choices would be Live Wire and Silver Banshee of those listed, but I dont know how well SB could work in the long term...with the proper writer she could be great. Live Wire could be a fun run.
    Not listed...La Encantadora could have a a good story to tell.
    Maxima would be awesome. Not the new 52 version, but the original, awesome in all her glory Maxima.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    Maxima would be awesome. Not the new 52 version, but the original, awesome in all her glory Maxima.
    This is the correct answer.

Beyond that, I think only Luthor and Brainiac have the potential to helm an "ongoing" - i.e. make it to +/-12 issues before being canceled.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

My choices would be Live Wire and Silver Banshee of those listed, but I dont know how well SB could work in the long term...with the proper writer she could be great. Live Wire could be a fun run.
    "Metropolis' Misstress".
    There must be a better name.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Most of these could easily helm a mini series of modest size. Lex of course would be the majority choice, but he has had the most exposure of all the ones listed and honestly probably could hold down an ongoing. Zod would also be an interesting run depending on where and when it's set, setting him up as a protagonist would be a different route for him.
    Off the top of my head, Zod finding himself on Earth 3 with the Crime Syndicate could be a pretty great story.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    This is the correct answer.

Beyond that, I think only Luthor and Brainiac have the potential to helm an "ongoing" - i.e. make it to +/-12 issues before being canceled.
    Seconded. Wholeheartedly.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Incredible Member

Luthor is the classic answer.

Someone early in the thread raised the Silver Banshee and I liked the idea. I remember reading a pretty good miniseries where she was presented in a sympathetic-ish light, from the 90s or so, beautiful art.

There's quite some things to go on in that aspect, too. Her family, irish legends and myths, The Crone who enpowered her, her service to Lady Blaze (who is the Wizard Shazam's daughter, so there's a link there), that time when she was linked to one of her relatives, learning kryptonian and Superman's True Name from Manchester Black, etc.

Would be an interesting character to deal with the often-overlooked supernatural side of the supermythos, lots of things to tie to - like Doctor Occult, Satanus, The Last Demon of Krypton, Earth-Angel Supergirl, the concept that Metropolis has a soul of sorts, Superdemon, etc.

I'm not sure any of them should. I'm not extremely opposed to any of them, mind you, I'm just not sure it makes sense in today's weirdly compacted market.

Luthor is the Classic Answer, but he's also an extremely inconsistent character, and I'd be pretty annoyed if they screwed him up by not portraying him the way I like to see - and the way I like to see would probably bug some fans too. So... I'm staying neutral.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."