I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Default Nightwing #83 - Tom Taylor writes a nice chat between Nightwing and Superman

In case any of you aren't Nightwing fans, Tom Taylor is the current writer and is doing a great job. Following Alfred's death, Dick was bequeathed over a billion dollars that he doesn't want. After discussing it with his closest friends and allies (excluding Batman), he finally talks to the greatest hero of all and the person he looks up to as much as Bruce.

I found this really charming and a great interaction between two of DC's earliest heroes and the respect built over the years between them.

This is also a riff on a Chuck Dixon issue of Nightwing's 90's series. They had a few issues showing that Clark genuinely respects Dick, gave him the Nightwing name and all admires all he's accomplished both with Bruce and leading the next generation of heroes (including a memorable issue #30, where Superman was appearing in multiple DC titles as part of the criminally underrated King of the World saga).

1.jpg
    2.jpg
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Secretly one of the best books DC is putting out right now.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Yeah, it's a great scene. I was thinking of posting this earlier in the week, but I wanted people to be as pleasantly surprised by Clark showing up as I was. Enough time has passed now though.

Seriously people, this is one of the best comics DC is publishing right now

Astonishing Member

I actually can't read those screen shots, they are too tiny to make out.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    Pick up the issue yourself and read it. It's well worth your time and money.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Moreover, I like how they're portraying Dick as off his game because he, you know, is still recovering from being shot in the noggin. The book kind of pretends Ric was a short time and he's not up to tip-top shape in ways that feel earnest, but not as much as Dick just kind of owning it.

You can tell this kid learned from the World's Finest and incorporated their best elements into his growth. Really solid display and, as Bored noted, it's well-worth your time and money.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Secretly one of the best books DC is putting out right now.
    It really is.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    Not sure what happened there, they should be full sized. Weird.

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    Not sure what happened there, they should be full sized. Weird.
    User uploaded images on CBR are always mega compressed for some reason, but ones from linked webpages aren't. So I always upload my images to an image hosting site like imgur and then just use the url. Kind of a clunky workaround, but it works.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)