View Poll Results: Which Superman Villain Should Get Their Own Ongoing?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lex Luthor

11 22.00%
  • Brainiac

2 4.00%
  • General Zod

10 20.00%
  • Bizarro

5 10.00%
  • Mister Mxyzptlk

4 8.00%
  • Cyborg Superman

4 8.00%
  • Metallo

1 2.00%
  • Silver Banshee

2 4.00%
  • Livewire

2 4.00%
  • Parasite

1 2.00%
  • Kryptonite Man

0 0%
  • Doomsday

1 2.00%
  • Toyman

0 0%
  • Batman

4 8.00%
  • Other

3 6.00%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BANNED

Zod family drama on new krypton is quite literally the only concept that works outside of a miniseries.

And it allows for a fleshed out new krypton that takes many inspirations from countless versions of the planet krypton.

Quote Originally Posted by kryptonian View Post
    Zod family drama on new krypton is quite literally the only concept that works outside of a miniseries.

And it allows for a fleshed out new krypton that takes many inspirations from countless versions of the planet krypton.
    I mean, you can literally do anythong you want with a Bizarro comic. He is basically an "insert parody of" for any type of story. And at times you can even have tragical stories like Frankenstein about him being rejected, or philosophical, soulful stories about the world from his backwards point of view. It's the type of book that would be enjoyable for everyone at any time, even if you aren't interested in Superman.

Mister Mxyzptlk also has unlimited potential, but I can see why people would get tired eventually. Grant Morrison did have an interesting twist on the character during the Superman 2000 pitch that could carry a lot of weight for a long run on a solo comic. Basically, he imagined that Mister Mxyzptlk has had many incarnations, with the most recent one being that of a playful trickster. But eventually he would become a horrible demon and even a peaceful god.
    Last edited by Alpha; 05-31-2021 at 09:49 AM.

Also, lol for whoever voted for Batman.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

where is vartox,galactic golem,mongul..etc?This is a bunch of postcrisis villains.Yeah! not really interested.Anyways,i would pick Bizarro and his verse..
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

A comic starring the original pre crisis Vartox would be fantastic. He was a new age astro-spiritual knight.

But there's no way that he could have a solo title right now. He has no presence in pop culture.
    Last edited by Alpha; 05-31-2021 at 09:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Also, lol for whoever voted for Batman.
    I did.

Incredible Member

My Personal Votes would be

BIZARRO: Adventures with with this warped Superman would be interesting as heck.
    METALLO: John Corben deserves more character development than just being "the Man with the Kryptonite". I always wanted them to expand the "Secret Origins" Origin of him being the favorite son of General Sam Lane; having his experiences in war in certain DC Nations (say Bialya or Khandaq) hardened him into this "Heartless" person, and that he has more than just a gripe with Superman (he blames General Lane and Luthor for his predicament, and would just as soon see them die first). I also would have it that his gripe with Superman is that he doesn't condone the hero's optimistic "Hope for the best in people" (Being a battle-hard veteran, he's only seen the worst in people)
    PRANKSTER: Being a fan of Buisek's run of the comic, I wanna see Oswald Loomis return to this distraction-for-hire villain that knows he can't beat Superman, but doesn't mind tugged on the boy scout's cape every so often.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    where is vartox,galactic golem,mongul..etc?This is a bunch of postcrisis villains.Yeah! not really interested.Anyways,i would pick Bizarro and his verse..
    There is the option to vote "other".

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I really don't see how Metallo could support a title. His entire purpose rotates around Superman. He is the man of steel with the kryptonite heart. That is of no consequence for anyone aside from Superman.

Bizarro can easily support his own title because he is a comedic character and because of Bizarro World, an absurd take on the entire dc universe.
    You do realize characters can change right? That’s why I want a mini with him, to build on what he is beyond Superman. Mr. Freeze, Sinestro, Black Adam, Captain Cold, hell even Lex himself are all villains who have changed over the years to become more independent characters in their own right. Harley Quinn is another example, love her or hate her. Also I’ve been on record as saying I’d get rid of the Kryptonite heart, I’d rather Clay Ramses Kryptonite Man and Lex be the villains who use Kryptonite. I’d revamp Metallo and Corben pretty extensively were I given the opportunity.

Besides this is just what we want, of the ones listed only Lex could really feasibly sustain his own ongoing although I think Zod could easily support a mini.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Besides this is just what we want, of the ones listed only Lex could really feasibly sustain his own ongoing although I think Zod could easily support a mini.
    I don't see why we can't discuss the feasiblity of each idea, but I'm not here to destroy any dreams either.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Yeah I think if it was a sinestro like book where Zod attempts to set himself as a legitimate power within the United planets would be pretty cool to see.
    Especially if you learn hard on the idea that Zod really wants to make a world he can live in. There's no point to ruling a kingdom of ashes. He needs to have something... worth ruling. So having Zod trying to build a proper kingdom could be interesting.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

The correct and sensible answer is General Zod along with his family and the budding planet of New Krypton. An intergalactic politics book about building a civilization from the ground up. And it all centers around a a family, and a man desperately trying to go against his nature and be a good person for the sake of his son and his world. A book about shades of gray.

But f%&k that! The true answer for people that aren't cowards is a Solaris book. A cosmic and absurd book about our favorite petty evil star going around bullying black holes, starting super novas like house fires, and getting into drunken brawls solar systems. All the while trying and failing to replicate the light that shines from the House of El.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Incredible Member

The sensible answers are Lex Luthor, General Zod, Bizarro, and if we're being bold but staying within the constraints of those who are already popular, Brainiac.

The ones that would excite me the most would be General Zod (all that potential Krypton worldbuilding!) and Metallo (this dude would benefit from that extended focus more than any other member of the rogues gallery).

So my answer is Doomsday, because that sounds so mind-numbingly stupid it loops around to must-read.

A question though, all of you guys talking about Metallo, are you actually proposing an ongoing book? How many issues do you think hecould support interest?

And a Solaris mini series would be awesome.

No I’d just do a 6 issue mini like Man-Bat
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/