View Poll Results: Which Superman Villain Should Get Their Own Ongoing?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lex Luthor

11 22.00%
  • Brainiac

2 4.00%
  • General Zod

10 20.00%
  • Bizarro

5 10.00%
  • Mister Mxyzptlk

4 8.00%
  • Cyborg Superman

4 8.00%
  • Metallo

1 2.00%
  • Silver Banshee

2 4.00%
  • Livewire

2 4.00%
  • Parasite

1 2.00%
  • Kryptonite Man

0 0%
  • Doomsday

1 2.00%
  • Toyman

0 0%
  • Batman

4 8.00%
  • Other

3 6.00%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This thread is about ongoing books. It's right there in the title

Incredible Member

Oh, I think a Metallo ongoing would tank pretty fast. I just would be excited if it came out

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    This thread is about ongoing books. It's right there in the title
    We’ve already drifted pretty far from that topic by arguing over what is and isn’t “feasible” when the OP doesn’t ask us what would sell, just what we’d want. Plus Bizarro couldn’t support an ongoing either but that didn’t stop you from suggesting one.
    Last edited by Vordan; 05-31-2021 at 05:38 PM.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    The correct and sensible answer is General Zod along with his family and the budding planet of New Krypton. An intergalactic politics book about building a civilization from the ground up. And it all centers around a a family, and a man desperately trying to go against his nature and be a good person for the sake of his son and his world. A book about shades of gray.
    I like the idea of a Livewire book for similar reasons. Even as a member of the Supermen of America, Leslie would almost certainly be... a lively and... interesting individual. Hero or not she's not gonna be a goody-two-shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    We’ve already drifted pretty far from that topic by arguing over what is and isn’t “feasible” when the OP doesn’t ask us what would sell, just what we’d want. Plus Bizarro couldn’t support an ongoing either but that didn’t stop you from suggesting one.
    Yeah he could. Bizarro functions in the same style as Deadpool, Harley Quinn, Superior Foes of Spider-Man. But he can be even more expansive since he can have an entire Bizarro World version of the entire dc universe.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    But f%&k that! The true answer for people that aren't cowards is a Solaris book. A cosmic and absurd book about our favorite petty evil star going around bullying black holes, starting super novas like house fires, and getting into drunken brawls solar systems. All the while trying and failing to replicate the light that shines from the House of El.
    Hell yeah! solaris and the sun eaters needs to be expanded on.Superman has so much lore..it's kinda sad they don't just expand on things..
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

lol just saw Batman as an option.

I think any of these villains could be given compelling solos with the right creative team:

Mongul
    Parasite
    Bloodsport
    Metallo
    Live Wire
    The Elite
    Imperiex

The Parasite would be my pick. Metallo and Bloodsport get honorable mentions. If there weren't two other prominent electric heroes in the DC Universe I'd suggest Live Wire.
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    lol just saw Batman as an option.

I think any of these villains could be given compelling solos with the right creative team:

Mongul
    Parasite
    Bloodsport
    Metallo
    Live Wire
    The Elite
    Imperiex

The Parasite would be my pick. Metallo and Bloodsport get honorable mentions. If there weren't two other prominent electric heroes in the DC Universe I'd suggest Live Wire.
    Lolz.... "Live Wire" is Garth Ranzz of the Legion of Superheroes. "Livewire" is Leslie Willis.

To be honest though, Leslie has a rather unique approach to wielding electric powers. How many other electrical characters in DC have technopathy type powers? Garth Ranzz doesn't. His is more akin to elements of nature manipulation. Black Lightning is magic based. WW, Cassie and the Marvels can wield lightning... MAGIC lightning.

Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Lolz.... "Live Wire" is Garth Ranzz of the Legion of Superheroes. "Livewire" is Leslie Willis.

To be honest though, Leslie has a rather unique approach to wielding electric powers. How many other electrical characters in DC have technopathy type powers? Garth Ranzz doesn't. His is more akin to elements of nature manipulation. Black Lightning is magic based. WW, Cassie and the Marvels can wield lightning... MAGIC lightning.
    Wait, Black Lightning is magic based?

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post

Black Lightnings powers aren't magic based. He's a metahuman. Static is also a Meta Human
    The J-man

I can't believe not a one of you suggested the most obvious and only correct and true answer, Titano the Super-Ape!

Make an ongoing to a sSuperman opponent implies to give that character a background of their own. And a lot of Superman characters had lettle to no development, more than drops here or there.
    That can be either a disadvantage as a plus because it permits to create a whole new mythology beyond the man of Steel. Characters like Luthor, Zod, Bizarro in some way share the man of Steel background so would be easy to built something, but it would be built about something already seen, not much space for innovation.
    Others like Metallo, Parasite, Silver Banshee, even Terra-Man could be better explored and their backgrounds expanded in an ongoing or at least a mini series. ( I must add I liked a lot the proposals about Metallo from Vordan. I disagree with his Terra man concept but I like his Metallo).
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Black Lightnings powers aren't magic based. He's a metahuman. Static is also a Meta Human
    Originally his powers came from a power belt he wore. Since the 80s he has been a metahuman, but in Future State they hinted at something supernatural. He became a floating being made out of electricity, sort of like Dr Manhattan
    Last edited by Alpha; 06-03-2021 at 02:24 AM.

I loved Bizzaro's mini that was released during DCYou, but I'm not sure if he really could carry an ongoing + he definitely needs either a guest character each issue or normal partner to create these situations. Lex maybe could carry an ongoing, but last thing DC universe needs is more bald guy.

So my vote went to Zod since he kinda does have an interesting premise and series focusing on him and New Krypton could significantly enrich Superman mythos.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

A crazy Bizarro series in the vein of Harley Quinn or Deadpool.