View Poll Results: Which Superman Villain Should Get Their Own Ongoing?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lex Luthor

11 22.00%
  • Brainiac

2 4.00%
  • General Zod

10 20.00%
  • Bizarro

5 10.00%
  • Mister Mxyzptlk

4 8.00%
  • Cyborg Superman

4 8.00%
  • Metallo

1 2.00%
  • Silver Banshee

2 4.00%
  • Livewire

2 4.00%
  • Parasite

1 2.00%
  • Kryptonite Man

0 0%
  • Doomsday

1 2.00%
  • Toyman

0 0%
  • Batman

4 8.00%
  • Other

3 6.00%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Metallo was given more sympathetic characterization in Morrison's Action Comic run. So you could have him join the Suicide Squad or work for the government as a supersoldier etc.

Parasite could be an interesting story about addiction. I'd probably give Parasite a new human identity similar to Arthur Fleck.

Manchester Black and the Elite always interested me. I don't mind exploring them more.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Metallo was given more sympathetic characterization in Morrison's Action Comic run. So you could have him join the Suicide Squad or work for the government as a supersoldier etc.

Parasite could be an interesting story about addiction. I'd probably give Parasite a new human identity similar to Arthur Fleck.

Manchester Black and the Elite always interested me. I don't mind exploring them more.
    Yeah, the Elite become a lot more interesting when they're framed as people who want to be good guys, but aren't really sure how to do it right.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Originally his powers came from a power belt he wore. Since the 80s he has been a metahuman, but in Future State they hinted at something supernatural. He became a floating being made out of electricity, sort of like Dr Manhattan
    Hmmm looking it up... it seems most versions... don't even bother to explain where his powers come from. They don't call him a Homo Magi(person with a natural affinity for magic) like some other DC characters though. The main thing with Homo Magi is that you're born with it. It's literally in your DNA. How it's expressed varies by individual and often doesn't show up as a child. But, again, while he fits the bill, he wasn't actually said to be one as far as I know. Although his Young Justice(animated series) version had some weird form of lightning that Livewire couldn't absorb. Which doesn't make sense if it's ordinary electricity.

Anyways, the reason I was mentioning him is that he seemingly can't use his powers to remote control machines like Livewire can. (Not that she does it often)

Manchester would actually work great, we’ve never really gotten much beyond the basics of his backstory. His time working for British intelligence could definitely be explored more.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Manchester would actually work great, we’ve never really gotten much beyond the basics of his backstory. His time working for British intelligence could definitely be explored more.
    Also... those guys who were on his super team? More backstories!

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

The OG Maxima. No question. She's a goldmine of potential.

Fantastic Member

None!! Criminals shouldn't have a ongoing series. They should have their arc in a superman comics fail and go to jail where they belong!! Criminals and criminal behavior shouldn't be glorify!!
    Last edited by lotchj; 06-05-2021 at 07:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Also... those guys who were on his super team? More backstories!
    It could be a good prequel. Watching these wannabe heroes wash out and become their worst selves.

Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

No people voted for Brainiac?

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Hunter View Post
    The silver age Braniac could be interesting, but a modern Braniac doesn't really seem like a good protagonist.

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Hunter View Post
    Release the issue in binary and I'd give it a read.

Incredible Member

Maybe Brainiac could be cool for a one-short or a mini (and a very short mini at that). Anything more and I just don't see him as main character material.

It could be a good prequel. Watching these wannabe heroes wash out and become their worst selves.
    Or sequel in which they try to figure out how to do things right after realizing their mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan58 View Post
    Maybe Brainiac could be cool for a one-short or a mini (and a very short mini at that). Anything more and I just don't see him as main character material.
    It would have to be something like Joker I think. Brainiac himself isn’t the main character, the main character is hunting Brainiac for their own reasons, and they follow in his wake as he collects civilizations.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    The OG Maxima. No question. She's a goldmine of potential.
    Oh MY!! How that happened? we have forget Maxima!
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Oh MY!! How that happened? we have forget Maxima!
    I never forgot Max, and no matter how much DC wants me to, I never will. She's dope and has so much potential it hurts.