View Poll Results: Which Superman Villain Should Get Their Own Ongoing?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lex Luthor

11 22.00%
  • Brainiac

2 4.00%
  • General Zod

10 20.00%
  • Bizarro

5 10.00%
  • Mister Mxyzptlk

4 8.00%
  • Cyborg Superman

4 8.00%
  • Metallo

1 2.00%
  • Silver Banshee

2 4.00%
  • Livewire

2 4.00%
  • Parasite

1 2.00%
  • Kryptonite Man

0 0%
  • Doomsday

1 2.00%
  • Toyman

0 0%
  • Batman

4 8.00%
  • Other

3 6.00%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Oh MY!! How that happened? we have forget Maxima!
    I'm more familiar with her as a supporting character than an antagonist. Maxima was even a member of the Justice League during the Jurgens and Vado eras.

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Hunter View Post
    I'm more familiar with her as a supporting character than an antagonist. Maxima was even a member of the Justice League during the Jurgens and Vado eras.
    Hmm i wonder what Maxima would think if she met one of the Kryptonian Phantom Zoners? Seemingly part of her attraction to Superman was that she liked him as a person and not just because he was both powerful and handsome.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Oh MY!! How that happened? we have forget Maxima!
    I never forgot Max, and no matter how much DC wants me to, I never will. She's dope and has so much potential it hurts.
    I haven't forgotten, either. The reason why I didn't mention her was because she already has her own thread:

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...a+appreciation
    Last edited by K7P5V; 06-08-2021 at 04:28 PM. Reason: Corrected Grammatical Errors.

Anyone but Lex for me. The DiDio/Johns era League stuff has completely soured me on the character.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    I haven't forgotten, either. The reason why I didn't mention her was because she already has her own thread:

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...a+appreciation
    Time to reactivate that thread.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Toyman but only if it's the Japanese Toyman. I can see some Dexter's Lab-like stuff with him and make it as anime as possible. It would be good fun.

Whoever shouted out the OG Maxima, thank you. She was one of my favorite characters on Superman the animated series and I would like to see more of her. Palmiotti, Grey and Conner could do great stuff with her.

I think it would be cool of Mercy Graves had like a one shot.

BANNED

Ultra-Humanite

Just because he isn’t someone that is explored often and gives creators freedom to break the mold

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

My first thought was Mxy because I usually love me some weird imp stuff. But I think a good part of his allure is that he does not appear frequently so if he did, it may sap a bit of the mystique of the character and his world.

Ended up voting for Zod because there's possibilities of a villain who could also potentially be somewhat sympathetic. Plus, would have an immediate supporting cast of characters to utilize.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

I know everyone is going to work for Lex Luthor and I really enjoyed Paul Cornell's 'Lex Luthor' series but I voted for Bizarro instead. I think there is great comedic potential in the character.

Quote Originally Posted by The Frog Bros View Post
    My first thought was Mxy because I usually love me some weird imp stuff. But I think a good part of his allure is that he does not appear frequently so if he did, it may sap a bit of the mystique of the character and his world.

Ended up voting for Zod because there's possibilities of a villain who could also potentially be somewhat sympathetic. Plus, would have an immediate supporting cast of characters to utilize.
    Yeah, for example, you could examine his relationship with Lor-Zod.

Retired

I'm ambivalent about villains gaining their own solo series--unless they're general purpose villains with no primary foe--because it takes away from the pleasure of seeing them battle their enemy, in this case Superman. They get over-exposed and their battles with Superman become nothing special.

But I picked Mxy because he's in a world all of his own the majority of the time (if he can't return to the 3rd dimension in 90 days) and Zrfff has a lot going for it as a fantasy land.

I think Lois Lane also makes a good antagonist. The marriage has limited how much damage Lois can do to Clark. Failing a return to the old staus quo, I like the version of Earth-Three where Superwoman is the double of Lois Lane (not Princess Diana). Then she can appear on Superman's Earth and pose as Lois and do him all kinds of harm. She could lead her own SUPERWOMAN comic--which would give her that trademark name (over all the other Superwomen) and the writers could work out all their "Evil Superman" stories with her in his place.

I would have to go with Parasite. I would lean into the horror aspect too. It would be similar to Ram V's Swamp Thing and Ewing's Immortal Hulk.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by atomicskull View Post
    I would have to go with Parasite. I would lean into the horror aspect too. It would be similar to Ram V's Swamp Thing and Ewing's Immortal Hulk.
    Yeah. Shoot, Ram V could write the thing. Swamp Thing has been great!
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

I voted for Lex. He's a complex character who I'd love to see with that kind of focus.
    Bizarro would've been my second choice. He can be a fun character.
    Batman could definitely carry his own title too....

Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    Batman could definitely carry his own title too....
    Agreed. DC/WB should definitely give this "Dark Knight" character a shot (IMHO):