Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

I would also like to clarify that my point about gay women being attractive to the traditional male audience, doesn't mean that I want Diana to be objectified at all.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 06-18-2021 at 03:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shimbo View Post
    Daaaaamn.

And, to I'm a Fish's point: Queer people have icons that aren't queer, though. I think there's a nuanced difference between WW's iconography used to express solidarity and support for queer people and queer love and actually embracing that the character behind that iconography, in text/film/animation, is queer.

Just because we love a diva don't mean that diva is queer. But sometimes she is, and in my reading of WW, she absolutely is and it IS relevant to her character, world, and iconography.
    Yes. A celebrity like Cher is famously heterosexual, but none the less is a gay icon (and has supported LGBT causes).

Daaaaamn.

And, to I'm a Fish's point: Queer people have icons that aren't queer, though. I think there's a nuanced difference between WW's iconography used to express solidarity and support for queer people and queer love and actually embracing that the character behind that iconography, in text/film/animation, is queer.
    Yeah, that makes sense.

Just because we love a diva don't mean that diva is queer. But sometimes she is, and in my reading of WW, she absolutely is and it IS relevant to her character, world, and iconography.
    Well, I’d think you’d have to really put your head in the sand to say it wouldn’t make sense for Diana to be bisexual.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post

I'm of the mind that if we had to move Heaven and Earth to split her and Steve up again, she should probably get a female love interest (one unique to her universe, not some other superhero) since it's been 80 years of hinting but never allowing Diana to really embrace that side. I don't normally like the idea of LGBTQ+ characters needing to "prove" their orientation... But 80 years is a long time. Make it happen, DC.

I actually would not mind another female superhero as her love interest.....

*cough*

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    *cough*

Haha I knew someone was gonna throw Zee in there. Personally, I'd be more intrigued by Wondie with Starfire lol

Extraordinary Member

Haha I knew someone was gonna throw Zee in there. Personally, I'd be more intrigued by Wondie with Starfire lol
    Starfire belongs to Donna Troy.