Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Ideal Wonder Woman video game thread

To avoid derailing some threads, I figure I'd make this so we can talk about Diana in a video game setting. This is a general video game thread so like we can talk about Diana both in video games and what a solo game would look like.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

We were discussing the lasso and I mentioned that Diana should use it in ways that restrains a group of enemies, turning them into a unit that she can push and smack around the battlefield.

I mentioned Jackie Chan as a reference. The simplest example I can think of is in this scene. This isn't his best fight scene, but it's the best to ilustrate what I mean. Jump to the 2:25 timestamp. He restrains the group and uses them against each other. Diana could do a lot of cool combinations with her lasso in group fight scenes.

Please don't ban me for putting a clip from Karate Kid here.

I've said that I would enjoy an open multi-world game using the graphics of "Breath of the Wild" and the wild abilities of "Immortal: phenix rising" and "final fantasy". With Diana as the main character and adding Nubia later on as DLC with a different move set.

Diana utilized a combo of Hand 2 Hand/Wrestling, Lasso, Sword and Shield fighting techniques and players will be able to switch between them mid gameplay. She can also use her tiara ala Batman's baterang.
    (Nubia would also use H2H and wrestling with the addition of a twohanded longsword.)

Diana has access to unique super moves involving her bracelet slam, Zeus's lightning, Hestia's fire, and Hecate's magic.

Worlds: Themyscira, Sphere of the Gods (mainly the Greek Myth lands), Gateway City, Atlantis, and Underworld/Dooms doorway : with a Sangtee Empire controlled "galaxy", 4th World, and a Dark Souls style vampire castle for future DLC

Gameplay is a combo of open world combat and puzzle solving.

Story uses both Perez and Rucka's origins as a frame. From Diana's start of her mission leaving Themyscira and ending with the Death of Max and what would have happened had DC not ruined Rucka's plan.

Main Story villains:
    -Ares
    -Cheetah
    -Circe
    -Veronica Cale
    -Dr. Cyber
    -Dr. Psycho
    -Silver Swan (Venessa to start then Helena takes over)
    -Medusa
    -Max Lord

DLC main villains:
    -Giganta
    -Shang Tsu of 4th world
    -Carmilla of Styria (the vampire queen)
    -Empress Osira and Saturna
    -Emperor Shangee
    -Devastation

side quest villains:
    -Genocide
    -4 horsemen of 4th world
    -Clea
    -Queen of Fables
    -Atomia
    -Blue Snowman
    -Paula von Gunther and Red Panzer
    -Zara

Possible Legendary quests: (comprised of more then 6 quests with a legendary reward at the end)
    - 12 Labors but its Diana completing them
    - Stronger then Herakles, Diana completes a series of challenges related to her strength
    - Swifter then Hermes, Diana has flying timed trials
    - As Wise as Athena, Diana has to solve a bunch of puzzles related to Athena's myths
    - Conciliator, Diana has to stop a rivalry between two ancient Greek tribes in the Sphere of Gods
    - Time travel nazis, Diana travels back in time to an alternate history where the nazis won and helps the rebal forces defeat Red Panzer and Paula
    - Stop Genocide, Diana is alerted of a ritual to summon a powerful demon from Dooms Doorway
    - Cult of the Crimson Flame, Diana starts a mission to stop the rise of an abusive cult that worships a woman claiming to be a celestial divinity

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    We were discussing the lasso and I mentioned that Diana should use it in ways that restrains a group of enemies, turning them into a unit that she can push and smack around the battlefield.

I mentioned Jackie Chan as a reference. The simplest example I can think of is in this scene. This isn't his best fight scene, but it's the best to ilustrate what I mean. Jump to the 2:25 timestamp. He restrains the group and uses them against each other. Diana could do a lot of cool combinations with her lasso in group fight scenes.
    I'm not saying your wrong but again your limiting a move set for a game because it doesn't fit that narrow box you have for Diana. She can swing the lasso as a whip/chains from God of War and have the ability to restrain and grapple. The lasso offers range attacks along with the tiara/boomerang and lightning.

Edited by poster.
    Last edited by I'm a Fish; 06-07-2021 at 02:22 AM.

Diana also needs to be able to fly, Mainly as the games primary mobility vs a horse as an example. Flight can have a limited combat usage, like dive bombing and creating an AOE slam or lassoing an enemy on the ground and bringing them up for a H2H combo.

Another Villain: Aegeus

As the rebirth revamp, advanced weapons based off Greek myth arms dealer.

He'd be a side quest villain. Him, Dr. Cyber/Cale, and Shang Tsu are the reasons minor criminals/canon fodder enemies are getting access to advanced tech capable of hurting Diana.

Incredible Member

I'll come back with a story later, but I hope the game takes inspiration from WW84 regarding the lasso. I would love to use the lasso for platforming traversal the way it is used in the movie. Probably with a later "gliding on wind" component to make platforming more challenging in later chapters of the game.

I also would have the main story be Maxwell Lord kidnapping Dr. Barbara Minerva to help him find the Eclipso Diamond - inspiration from Justice League vs. Suicide Squad. He'll assemble a team of rogues - Dr. Cyber, Warmaster, Giganta, Major Disaster, Silver Swan, Dr. Psycho, and Aegeus.

Side quests will be: Dr. Poison and the Echidna Project, The Mask who is a serial killer of married men, Zara a cult leader with pyrokinesis, and Bushmaster and his army of zombies.

Diana's homebase is D.C. and her supporting cast would be Steve Trevor, Etta Candy, and the leader of Argus - Darnell, Sasha, whomever.

Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    I've said that I would enjoy an open multi-world game using the graphics of "Breath of the Wild" and the wild abilities of "Immortal: phenix rising" and "final fantasy". With Diana as the main character and adding Nubia later on as DLC with a different move set.

Diana utilized a combo of Hand 2 Hand/Wrestling, Lasso, Sword and Shield fighting techniques and players will be able to switch between them mid gameplay. She can also use her tiara ala Batman's baterang.
    (Nubia would also use H2H and wrestling with the addition of a twohanded longsword.)

Diana has access to unique super moves involving her bracelet slam, Zeus's lightning, Hestia's fire, and Hecate's magic.

Worlds: Themyscira, Sphere of the Gods (mainly the Greek Myth lands), Gateway City, Atlantis, and Underworld/Dooms doorway : with a Sangtee Empire controlled "galaxy", 4th World, and a Dark Souls style vampire castle for future DLC

Gameplay is a combo of open world combat and puzzle solving.

Story uses both Perez and Rucka's origins as a frame. From Diana's start of her mission leaving Themyscira and ending with the Death of Max and what would have happened had DC not ruined Rucka's plan.

Main Story villains:
    -Ares
    -Cheetah
    -Circe
    -Veronica Cale
    -Dr. Cyber
    -Dr. Psycho
    -Silver Swan (Venessa to start then Helena takes over)
    -Medusa
    -Max Lord

DLC main villains:
    -Giganta
    -Shang Tsu of 4th world
    -Carmilla of Styria (the vampire queen)
    -Empress Osira and Saturna
    -Emperor Shangee
    -Devastation

side quest villains:
    -Genocide
    -4 horsemen of 4th world
    -Clea
    -Queen of Fables
    -Atomia
    -Blue Snowman
    -Paula von Gunther and Red Panzer
    -Zara

Possible Legendary quests: (comprised of more then 6 quests with a legendary reward at the end)
    - 12 Labors but its Diana completing them
    - Stronger then Herakles, Diana completes a series of challenges related to her strength
    - Swifter then Hermes, Diana has flying timed trials
    - As Wise as Athena, Diana has to solve a bunch of puzzles related to Athena's myths
    - Conciliator, Diana has to stop a rivalry between two ancient Greek tribes in the Sphere of Gods
    - Time travel nazis, Diana travels back in time to an alternate history where the nazis won and helps the rebal forces defeat Red Panzer and Paula
    - Stop Genocide, Diana is alerted of a ritual to summon a powerful demon from Dooms Doorway
    - Cult of the Crimson Flame, Diana starts a mission to stop the rise of an abusive cult that worships a woman claiming to be a celestial divinity
    Hmmm Maybe add in a story that's not fully linear? IE you make choices, and while your choices never really cause you to "lose"... they change things. Maybe one way of dealing with a certain threat will cause them to be an ally later? Or never be seen again?

Mine would basically be God of War with fancy lasso tricks. I'm talking gameplay only btw, I don't want Diana going around decapitating Zeus and beating Apollos teeth in.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

I'm not saying your wrong but again your limiting a move set for a game because it doesn't fit that narrow box you have for Diana. She can swing the lasso as a whip/chains from God of War and have the ability to restrain and grapple. The lasso offers range attacks along with the tiara/boomerang and lightning.
    I'm not saying she can't I'm just saying that it wouldn't function the same way since Kratos's blades cut more than anything, and the lasso doesn't have the power to cut.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I'm not saying she can't I'm just saying that it wouldn't function the same way since Kratos's blades cut more than anything, and the lasso doesn't have the power to cut.

http://https://imgur.com/a/Lvcc8

Ok I'm not gonna go into detail with this but the example you gave of the lasso cutting someone is very different from what Kratos does. In general I would say that the lasso should be a cross between Ghost Rider and Spider-man.

What comic is this from?
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8