Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

9th, its from Phil Jimenez's imperialex war, I forget the full story but its one were Hippolyta was also Wonder Woman.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    What comic is this from?
    Well it's part of the Imperiex story arc. Which got started back in 2000.

Hmm the Imperiex thing reminded me of the #1 most important thing... a good WW game needs her to have ALLIES! Those two pages... have Hippolyta and Diana vs Imperiex probes but more Hippolyta than Diana(but both as WW).

I think a good video game plot could start with something similar to the JLA story arc "Golden Perfect" by Joe Kelly. Diana's lasso is put into a morally compromising position that forces it's magical essence to malfunction. The very fabric of reality starts breaking down along with it.
    The universal aspect of truth becomes entirely relative and the rules of the world start changing.

Diana has to go on a journey to rediscover the meaning of the lasso as her villains and allies are all morphed into alternate versions of themselves and the world becomes this weird amalgamation of dreams, nightmares, thoughts and fiction. Players get to learn about her world as Diana restores reality step by step.

It puts the lasso itself front and center as the physical embodiment of everything Diana believes in and creates a massive plot from which many villains could benefit.
    Last edited by Alpha; 05-30-2021 at 03:20 PM.

Too bad all WB/DC's gonna make is the Suicide Squad game where she'll probably get jobbed to Poochie Quinn or Injustice 3 where she can once again be a bootlicker for SuperMessiah and punching bag for BatGod.

Anyways, here's a video I saw a while back on what WW could maybe have.

LMAO I totally forgot to add the allies in!!

Diana's allies/important side characters:

Amazon Royal Family...
    - Hippolyta, 10th queen of Themyscira
    - Nubia, Diana's twin sister, the Shimatar

Amazons...
    - Artemis
    - General Phillipus
    - Io
    - Mala
    - All the original main 30 amazons from Historia

Earth based...
    - Steve Trevor, argus agent and Diana's love interest
    - Etta Candy, argus head of operations, Diana's best friend
    - General Darnell, argus director
    - Julia Kapitelus, librarian at Marston University
    - Helena Sandsmark, professor of ancient history at Marston University
    - Rucka's ambassador line up cast

Protégés...
    - Cassie Sandsmark, Wondergirl
    - Yara Flor, Olympia
    - Jason Prince, son of Steve and Diana, Wonderboy

The animals...
    - Swiftjaw and the other megalodons
    - Jumpa and the other alien Kangas
    - Comet, revamped as a Kanga
    - Aetos Dios, a former king turned to a Golden Eagle for his hubris, he follows Diana around

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I think a good video game plot could start with something similar to the JLA story arc "Golden Perfect" by Joe Kelly. Diana's lasso is put into a morally compromising position that forces it's magical essence to malfunction. The very fabric of reality starts breaking down along with it.
    The universal aspect of truth becomes entirely relative and the rules of the world start changing.

Diana has to go on a journey to rediscover the meaning of the lasso as her villains and allies are all morphed into alternate versions of themselves and the world becomes this weird amalgamation of dreams, nightmares, thoughts and fiction. Players get to learn about her world as Diana restores reality step by step.

It puts the lasso itself front and center as the physical embodiment of everything Diana believes in and creates a massive plot from which many villains could benefit.
    That sounds like a great plot, I'd play this game.

This could work as a DLC or like after the villains are introduced and people have a general idea of who her villains are as characters before the warped versions.

Thanks. I think of it like Batman Arkham Asylum and Spider-man Shattered Dimensions/ Edge of time. These games threw us in the middle of a fully built world and gave us twists on the comics characters even though most of the players knew nothing about the villains, but we were never confused by all these characters and the games even pointed to what the original versions were like. The Golden Perfect game would be about starting with drastically different villains that Diana gradually transforma back into their classic versions as tge new fans learn what her actual world is like.

Spectacular Member

How fast would her super speed be? In travel running & flying? Like kal els, sonic, or flash? & combat speed like arkham games or flash/kal el in injustice 2? Id like her superfast on foot and flight equally. You'd be surprised how many ppl don't even know she has Hermes/mercury speed.
    Last edited by Mysterious; 05-30-2021 at 07:33 PM.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post

Nice and to the point.

Games shouldn't be over complicated or have to feature every single major character.

I'd do an adaptation of Marston's Villainy Inc story. The eight villains escape from the transformation island and take over different parts of Themyscira. So we have eight bosses. Well, five I guess. Dr Poison, Hypnota and Eviless wouldn't be much of a challenge for Diana physically, so they'd have a different approach. Poison can set up various poisonous traps around the island, Hypnota can use her powers to hypnotize the other Amazons into attacking Diana, and Eviless...I dunno, she can take Steve Trevor hostage. Maybe also have Eris as the big bad behind everything and final boss?
    Last edited by Psy-lock; 05-30-2021 at 11:48 PM.

That sounds a bit too similar to Arkham Asylum but it could work

There are quite a number of games you can draw inspiration from for a Wonder Woman game.

Ninja Gaiden, Devil May Cry, Darksiders and Bayonetta are good sources if you want to look for how to handle an action hack n slash game starring a superhuman protagonist.

The Final Fantasy games are good if you like fantasy RPGs.

Castlevania, Metroid and Legend of Zelda are good for mixing exploration and combat.

Hades is good for a nice roguelike dungeon crawler.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterious View Post
    How fast would her super speed be? In travel running & flying? Like kal els, sonic, or flash? & combat speed like arkham games or flash/kal el in injustice 2? Id like her superfast on foot and flight equally. You'd be surprised how many ppl don't even know she has Hermes/mercury speed.
    For my game idea, lets say we use "The Sphere of Gods" map which would be the largest map in the game.... roughly half the size of Assassin's Creed Odyssey's world map. It should take the player about 8 mins real time to fly from one end to the other.

In terms of combat Diana should be casually light speed, so a lot of her enemies would use advance tech weapons that would shoot what looks like light beams at her. Monsters can be explained via a bestiary about their stats and most bosses are also self explanatory, you just have to remember that the human villains go down easier without assistance. Lightning would be some what slow but can still hit her if the player doesn't block or dodge. Diana would be able to dodge using a dash move or block using her bracelets and pressing the correct button at the right time, a perfect block could be upgraded to redirect certain attacks. Her speed and flight should allow her to bridge gaps in enemy encounters the way Batman flips from one block to another in the Arkham games lol.

In terms of travel you can put some absurd number in the corner, like mach 10,000 or whatever, to get across how fast she's traveling. No need for the player to her their eyes permanently damaged from having an insanely fast visual.

I think my perfect WW video game would be a mix of Arkham Asylum and God of War (although significantly less bloody).

STORY: Cheetah has assembled Godwatch to hunt down and kill the Olympian Gods. Wonder Woman must traverse through Washington D.C., Themyscira, Doom's Doorway, the Underworld, and eventually the home of the gods to save them and stop her former best friend.

I think a diverse selection of settings is important, so I'd have Diana start off in Washington D.C. (or Gateway City, though I think that's less likely) where she'd fight Giganta for the explosive opening battle. Giganta's been recruited into Godwatch and it's her job to keep Diana occupied while Cheetah, who has found Themyscira, makes her way through Doom's Doorway to recruit other similarly-scorned monsters like Medusa, Arachne, Scylla, etc. (plus grunts like satyrs, centaurs, minotaurs, gorgons, harpies, and so on).

Diana then makes her way to Themyscira after learning of the attack to find her sisters fighting various monsters that Diana must help out with. Themyscira is the bread and butter of Wonder Woman and certainly one of the most popular elements, so the game should be focused on that. Diana would fight her way through the big boss monsters and maybe another Godwatch member (Dr. Poison maybe, powering up the other monsters?). She must even enter Doom's Doorway, which I think could be really cool and kind of scary, where maybe she faces off against Echidna.

NOTE: I think it might be kinda cool to have a gameplay element of player choice, deciding if they wish to kill the enemy or not. Which kind of Wonder Woman would you be, one that kills these angry monsters who have been scorned by the gods? Or one that shows compassion and offers them a hand. It could even result in ultimately making the game easier/harder by having certain villains/monsters come back near the end to either help or hinder Wonder Woman depending on her actions.

There would also be a brief segment of the game in the Underworld, where Diana learns that Persephone had been helping Cheetah the entire time in exchange for Cheetah killing Hades. Cheetah is sort of the "champion of victims" here as Persephone was forced to marry Hades. Enter a boss fight with Persephone and maybe Cerberus for good measure. This is a nod to Persephone being Cheetah's patron in Alex Ross's Justice series as well as the renegade amazon Persephone from the first WW animated film.

Ultimately, the battle is taken to Mount Olympus where Cheetah has been granted access by Persephone. Cheetah and the remaining members of Godwatch launch a full on assault against the Gods, and Diana is caught in the middle, trying to save the Gods from the villains. Another gameplay element could be seeing if Diana is able to save each of the gods (including characters like Athena, Aphrodite, Apollo, Dionysus, Poseidon, etc. - I'd leave out Ares, Deimos, Phobos, Eris, etc. for a possible future installment) and receiving gifts of the gods she manages to save, while Godwatch is empowered by the gods that they kill which will make the last few boss battles much more difficult.

Wonder Woman finally comes across Cheetah, who has Zeus in her grasp. She kills him and "levels up" even further, and it culminates into a massive final battle between Wonder Woman and Cheetah. Again, if the "choose your fate" element is there, players can decide if they want Cheetah to live or not; if not, Diana obviously defeats Cheetah but refuses to kill her due to their past friendship and Diana's unwillingness to believe Cheetah is beyond redemption.

A glimpse into the sequel would be Circe watching everything from a scrying pool and cackling like a witchy diva, happy to move in for power with Zeus finally gone.

CHARACTERS:
    • Wonder Woman - obviously.
    • Steve Trevor - Steve's along for the ride and always provides exposition and backup for Diana.
    • Etta Candy - see Steve.
    • Ferdinand - I like the idea of Diana having help throughout the game from various characters, and I'd definitely toss in Ferdinand.
    • Amazons of Themyscira - Hippolyta, Artemis, Philippus, Io, Mala, Euboea... the mainstays. I'd hold off with Nubia because I think she'd be a fabulous DLC chapter character. Probably toss in Donna and Cassie at some point, maybe even Yara Flor.
    • Cheetah - the big bad. Lots of flashbacks of Diana and Barbara Ann's early years and the pain and suffering Cheetah feels. This lets her bond with mythical monsters like Medusa and Arachne, who she recruits into Godwatch.
    • Godwatch - Cheetah's band of miscreants. Membership would include Giganta (who is taken out early on, sorry Doris), Dr. Poison, Dr. Cyber, and Silver Swan (preferably Helen). No Veronica Cale. Big-named monsters like Medusa, Echidna, Typhon, Arachne, and Scylla are all added later on due to their bonds with Cheetah.
    • Gods of Olympus - All the major gods from the comics are here, and all are possible candidates for death. I'm not fond of the Daddy Zeus origin so even though he's 100% killed at the end, it's not a "oh no my dad!" sort of scenario.
    • Circe - a "surprise guest" at the end who sets up a sequel.

BOSSES:
    1. Giganta
    2. Dr. Cyber
    3. Arachne
    4. Scylla
    5. Cottus (one of the Hecatoncheirs)
    6. Medusa
    7. Typhon
    8. Echidna
    9. Dr. Poison
    10. Persephone
    11. Silver Swan
    12. Cheetah

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I think my perfect WW video game would be a mix of Arkham Asylum and God of War (although significantly less bloody).
    Came to post exactly this as well. Arkham is the best of the best of DC superhero games (so far), some combining it with God of War for a Greek myth game would definitely be ideal. Love your plot utilizing a mix of supervillains and myth figures as boss battles.

Some of the fun of the Arkham games was finding clues to various Arkham inmates and other characters to unlock character bios. It's be great if something similar to that could be used to unlock bios for any Amazons, villains or Gods who don't appear in the first game but might show up in the future.

What is everyone's thoughts on flight mechanics? Superman flying and that being difficult to translate into a game is one of the reasons that IP hasn't had a good game in forever (if ever) because it's cited as a big difficulty. The only benefit of Diana's inconsistent flight in media may be that they could sidestep this issue and just make her a less blood Kratos, but that would still be a ripoff.