Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Came to post exactly this as well. Arkham is the best of the best of DC superhero games (so far), some combining it with God of War for a Greek myth game would definitely be ideal. Love your plot utilizing a mix of supervillains and myth figures as boss battles.

Some of the fun of the Arkham games was finding clues to various Arkham inmates and other characters to unlock character bios. It's be great if something similar to that could be used to unlock bios for any Amazons, villains or Gods who don't appear in the first game but might show up in the future.

What is everyone's thoughts on flight mechanics? Superman flying and that being difficult to translate into a game is one of the reasons that IP hasn't had a good game in forever (if ever) because it's cited as a big difficulty. The only benefit of Diana's inconsistent flight in media may be that they could sidestep this issue and just make her a less blood Kratos, but that would still be a ripoff.
    I don't really know much about game mechanics but why is flight such a problem for a theoretical Superman game? I thought the main thing people usually brought up is Supes starts too powerful if fans want the complete traditional powerset (strength, speed, heat vision, flight, freeze breath, invulnerability, etc).

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    I don't really know much about game mechanics but why is flight such a problem for a theoretical Superman game? I thought the main thing people usually brought up is Supes starts too powerful if fans want the complete traditional powerset (strength, speed, heat vision, flight, freeze breath, invulnerability, etc).
    I honestly have no idea for the same reason. I see it as an excuse a lot of the time, but it may just be an empty excuse. Also may have something to do with memories of the godawful N64 game where you had to fly through the rings.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I honestly have no idea for the same reason. I see it as an excuse a lot of the time, but it may just be an empty excuse. Also may have something to do with memories of the godawful N64 game where you had to fly through the rings.
    Superman returns game was hated too for flying mechanics. There are so many great flying game characters why do they focus on supe so much?. Lego dc & marvel & the newest avengers game flying isn't bad.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterious View Post
    Superman returns game was hated too for flying mechanics. There are so many great flying game characters why do they focus on supe so much?. Lego dc & marvel & the newest avengers game flying isn't bad.
    Flying mechanics were once a problem, now not anymore.
    Many games and fans have found ways to make it work just fine.

I think for Superman the bigger problem is how you make the character vulnerable...which honestly i dont see as a big deal.
    You can find ways to give the game enemies that hit hard enough to at least do some damage, giving you the idea that you could lose in the game.

As for Wonder Woman, there is a ton of potential and a lot of things you could do game wise.
    You could do a old school or new God of war type of gameplay, you could do a Devil May Cry one, Sleeping dogs like etc.

Its crazy how little WB did with the DC IPs on that front so far.
    You would think in the steady rising gaming market, comic book characters would be the perfect fit...but seemingly not to them.

Not sure its my absolute ideal template for a Wonder Woman game but I used to adore Heavenly Sword on the ps3; especially the combat.

There's a demo at the link below of the combat around 38 minutes in. At about 40 minutes the "ranged attack" version of her combat abilities feels like it would be cool for the lasso if it was less lethal. And I think there's a stronger stance too that feels like it would be good for more tank-like moves. Nariko is probably going to give some of you Artemis vibes for obvious reasons.

https://youtu.be/xtVyr0F6eL8

Yeah I can see how it translates to one of the ways the lasso can be used. Good reference.

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

I'll be honest, I don't want a WW video game. With the current video game industry's AAA games adherence to being dark and how WB generally treats Diana, no thanks. Keep that sword and **** out of WW. That being said, if I had a chance to do it. Of course, it'll be an origins re-telling or adapting the Perez's "War of the Gods" event, treating it with respect. There will be no other heroes, only Wonder Woman and her cast. The continuity will be Marston's crazy ideas,Kanigher's better ideas, and Perez's continuity.

Or the first game will be Diana origins. The second will be her in the peak as Wonder Woman. The third game will end off Diana's role as WW and brought peace to the world, an "Impossible Tale" if you will.

The damn template is already there! Just set it on Themyscaria, with Diana returning there with Steve and co. to save her home from Villany Inc.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/