Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    The Superior Spider-clone SpideyClone's Avatar

"Witness Protection" While on patrol, Spidey comes across what appears to be a traffic accident. Upon investigation, the victim, who is injured, but not dead, is the lead witness in a trial against (Fisk, Osborn, Silvermane, some other crime lord, take your pick). When the police on the scene try to kill the witness, Spidey realizes things are more than they seem. He grabs the witness and goes into hiding. Over the course of the storyline, the pursuit becomes more frenzied and dangerous as we get closer to the trial. Hunted by the police and would be assassins, Spidey calls upon his street level friends (Daredevil, Luke Cage, Jessica Jones etc.) as the stakes increase and time runs out. I see it as maybe a six issue storyline taking place over 24-48 hours. Very fast paced with Spidey and the witness constantly on the move, trying to stay ahead of their pursuers. Starting with some street level thugs, then the Enforcers, Bullseye, maybe ending with the Kinsgley Hobgoblin looking for a score.
    Last edited by SpideyClone; 06-05-2021 at 02:48 PM.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SpideyClone View Post
    "Witness Protection" While on patrol, Spidey comes across what appears to be a traffic accident. Upon investigation, the victim, who is injured, but not dead, is the lead witness in a trial against (Fisk, Osborn, Silvermane, some other crime lord, take your pick). When the police on the scene try to kill the witness, Spidey realizes things are more than they seem. He grabs the witness and goes into hiding. Over the course of the storyline, the pursuit becomes more frenzied and dangerous as we get closer to the trial. Spidey calls upon his street level friend (Daredevil, Luke Cage, Jessica Jones etc.) as the stakes increase and time runs out. I see it as maybe a six issue storyline taking place over 24 hours. Very fast paced with Spidey constantly on the move, trying to stay ahead of their pursuers.
    Sounds like a solid street-level Spider-Man arc.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Kind of what I was going for. Had to edit for a few additional notes at the end.

Kind of what I was going for. Had to edit for a few additional notes at the end.
    Those sound pretty good, too. Maybe the Enforcers get some upgrades?

My idea now . . .

"Tinkerer, Tailor, Soldier, Spider" --- In a nutshell, Tinkerer's known for providing technological equipment or upgrades to various supervillains, criminals, and others on the "wrong side" of the law. It's been a pretty good racket for him, though now he's calling in all his markers for the villains and criminals he's equipped and upgraded over the years. Why? To participate in a deadly game of survival and combat, the final contestant facing off for the Tinkerer's ultimate prize against the Steel Spider, the proverbial "final boss," transformed into a cyborg ninja equivalent to Spider-Man himself. However, this deadly game catches Spider-Man's attention when he stumbles upon the mangled remains of two of the losers in that contest, leading him to investigate and find out just what Tinkerer's ultimate prize is, why all these tech-equipped/enhanced villains are willing to kill and die for the chance to possess it . . . and maybe a last chance to reach Oliver Osnick.

I like it. Hearkens back to the "great game" Ben Reilly and Kaine dealt with in the 90's. I love the title, and the inclusion of Ollie Osnick, who we haven't seen since Dark Reign if I'm not mistaken? Sounds like a story Doc Ock would be great in as well.

I like it. Hearkens back to the "great game" Ben Reilly and Kaine dealt with in the 90's. I love the title, and the inclusion of Ollie Osnick, who we haven't seen since Dark Reign if I'm not mistaken? Sounds like a story Doc Ock would be great in as well.
    Thanks, and technically, since the post-Civil War Thunderbolts where he got his arm chewed off by Gargan-Venom. Always wanted him to come back in some form or other, especially given Superior Spider-Man and the aftermath of that with Parker Industries and such. Come to think of it, could be the Great Game revived by the Tinkerer, and Doctor Octopus showing up to try to save the kid who used to idolize him before switching the target of his admiration to Spider-Man . . . that could yield some pretty good dramatic potential.

Conspiracy Theory

Mysterio is tired of the small time crimes. He's going where all the real criminals go. Washington D.C.

Using props, costumes, and some illusions, Mysterio disguises a team of criminals as the Avengers (Electro as Thor, Rhino as Hulk, etc) and attacks Washington. This is actually a cover to sneak himself into the White House where he can take over the Presidents identity, and issue certain security measure that he knows the works around for. As part of he's working with Chameleon, who he can "unmask" when people start to get too close to the truth. Knowing that the Avengers are going to work to clear their name, he's also set it up so that the leader of his Avengers imposters is unmasked as Spider-man but unfortunate "Spider-man" escapes before he can be taken into custody.

And of course, Mysterio can't resist taunting the real Spidey by letting him know what's actually going on.

Now the public doesn't really trust the Avengers, NOBODY trusts Spider-man, and Mysterio is the most powerful man in the Country... and only Spider-man knows it.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Conspiracy Theory

Mysterio is tired of the small time crimes. He's going where all the real criminals go. Washington D.C.

Using props, costumes, and some illusions, Mysterio disguises a team of criminals as the Avengers (Electro as Thor, Rhino as Hulk, etc) and attacks Washington. This is actually a cover to sneak himself into the White House where he can take over the Presidents identity, and issue certain security measure that he knows the works around for. As part of he's working with Chameleon, who he can "unmask" when people start to get too close to the truth. Knowing that the Avengers are going to work to clear their name, he's also set it up so that the leader of his Avengers imposters is unmasked as Spider-man but unfortunate "Spider-man" escapes before he can be taken into custody.

And of course, Mysterio can't resist taunting the real Spidey by letting him know what's actually going on.

Now the public doesn't really trust the Avengers, NOBODY trusts Spider-man, and Mysterio is the most powerful man in the Country... and only Spider-man knows it.
    Oh, that would be excellent, not only as a way for Mysterio to seriously up his game, but also possibly as a piece of satire.

Two words: Mictlan Rises.

A follow-up to the plot threads from Scarlet Spider. A very different event, where the most mystic members of the Spider-Family would take the center stage.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    Two words: Mictlan Rises.

A follow-up to the plot threads from Scarlet Spider. A very different event, where the most mystic members of the Spider-Family would take the center stage.
    Thank you! It would finally resolve Aracely/Hummingbird's storyline, and we could also get a Kaine/Anya team-up out of that. I'd even throw in Ben Reilly as the champion of Mictlan in the same way Kaine was marked as Aracely's champion, albeit as a form of divine punishment for his tampering in the realm of life and death back during The Clone Conspiracy.