Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

..... hmm..

Wilson Fisk runs as an independent candidate for president. a mysterious person causes a ruckus in Manhattan, Spider-Man intervenes, then he notices this person is dying.. gives a cryptic verbal message, "Fisk did it all.. Help me prove it".. and a damaged thumb drive.. grainy footage of what looks like several people getting killed by gunfire..
    Spider-Man conscripts his allies to try and solve the mystery and expose Kingpin as a fraud who is not to be trusted..

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    @Huntsman I reaaaallllllly love the sound of a Superior Syndicate. You are a genius.
    Thank you very much.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    ..... hmm..

Wilson Fisk runs as an independent candidate for president. a mysterious person causes a ruckus in Manhattan, Spider-Man intervenes, then he notices this person is dying.. gives a cryptic verbal message, "Fisk did it all.. Help me prove it".. and a damaged thumb drive.. grainy footage of what looks like several people getting killed by gunfire..
    Spider-Man conscripts his allies to try and solve the mystery and expose Kingpin as a fraud who is not to be trusted..
    That would be one hell of a "superheroes meet political conspiracy thriller" saga.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    ..... hmm..

With that I would like to see more intrigue and spy stuff than all out action.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    With that I would like to see more intrigue and spy stuff than all out action.
    Agreed. Would be a great dynamic to see Spider-Man relying on his abilities for infiltration, evasion, intel-gathering, and stealthy takedowns --- and doing all that in a bright red-and-blue costume, more or less.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Agreed. Would be a great dynamic to see Spider-Man relying on his abilities for infiltration, evasion, intel-gathering, and stealthy takedowns --- and doing all that in a bright red-and-blue costume, more or less.
    I would say he needs a new suit for that sort of thing...but not a super hero look...just a basic black outfit like Daredevil had at the beginning of the Netflix series.

I would say he needs a new suit for that sort of thing...but not a super hero look...just a basic black outfit like Daredevil had at the beginning of the Netflix series.
    Hmm, wasn't that basic black outfit based on the Man Without Fear miniseries by Frank Miller flashing back to Matt's life before formally becoming Daredevil?

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Hmm, wasn't that basic black outfit based on the Man Without Fear miniseries by Frank Miller flashing back to Matt's life before formally becoming Daredevil?
    That would be correct.

That would be correct.
    Thanks. I actually got that one from a friend's dad years ago. It was a good read, by and large.

Extraordinary Member

Yep. I think if Pete is going to be spying/thieving then he needs something that does not advertise "Spider-Man".

Spectacular Member Voices From the Eyrie's Avatar

I've been bored of symbiotes since ASM #299.

Yep. I think if Pete is going to be spying/thieving then he needs something that does not advertise "Spider-Man".
    Maybe try busting out something similar to Dusk from Identity Crisis (later Slingers).

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Maybe try busting out something similar to Dusk from Identity Crisis (later Slingers).
    Speaking of Dusk, is Ricochet back?

Speaking of Dusk, is Ricochet back?
    The three living Slingers all showed up for multiple issues in Ben Reilly: Scarlet Spider. It was, for me, the bright spot of that series.

-Pav, who loved the interactions between the Slingers and the Scarlets...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

A Spider-Event with no Symbiotes.

Well, I've seen it a few times around this thread and others, I'd love a street level event with strictly street level vigilantes. Something, like a new vigilante is in town and he or she run afoul of the Kingpin of Crime by killing someone close to him or embarrassing him and so he puts a hit out and it's up the Street Level folks of NYC, first person to get wind of it is SPidey and so he has to band together with the other street ppl to save this new person.

Maybe another Event with Alpha, I haven't seen Alpha for a minute maybe by design lol. Alpha is back in town with a new mandate and new powers courtesy of Wilson Fisk who is using him or propping him up to be the next superstar superhero of NYC and it's up to Spidey to bring him back down a peg or two because he was the one to give him powers in the first place and he knows Fisk is using him.

Quote Originally Posted by the nomad View Post
    A Spider-Event with no Symbiotes.

Well, I've seen it a few times around this thread and others, I'd love a street level event with strictly street level vigilantes. Something, like a new vigilante is in town and he or she run afoul of the Kingpin of Crime by killing someone close to him or embarrassing him and so he puts a hit out and it's up the Street Level folks of NYC, first person to get wind of it is SPidey and so he has to band together with the other street ppl to save this new person.

Maybe another Event with Alpha, I haven't seen Alpha for a minute maybe by design lol. Alpha is back in town with a new mandate and new powers courtesy of Wilson Fisk who is using him or propping him up to be the next superstar superhero of NYC and it's up to Spidey to bring him back down a peg or two because he was the one to give him powers in the first place and he knows Fisk is using him.
    That could work. The second one, definitely, because of the personal stakes and possibly a chance at rehabilitation for that character. Could even blend it with the first, wherein Alpha comes back as the new street-level vigilante in question that runs afoul of "Mayor Fisk."