Mighty Member

Default SONGS you find yourself referring to?

I'm stuck in another Covid lockdown here in Melbourne Australia. I'm working alone at home with a laptop and its slow going. To mark the passage of each hour or two I find myself singing "Whooaa, wer'e one eigth there! Whoa ho! Livin on a praaayer"

What songs, or your own little parodies do you find yourself referring to?

"You're welcome"
    Whenever someone says something I did wrong.
    "What can I say, except you're welcome"

The Song I refer to the most is oddly enough a song I dont know the name of and cant remember who sang it.

Years ago my friend Tony had a band. Just played local gigs in bars and such. Two of his songs had a piano in them and he had me sit in for those two songs since I play the piano. Well one night we played at a show with like 3 other bands. Not great music but for a small hick town where the best hang out was a Dairy Queen it was like Woodstock.

One of the bands had a song. The singer would list bad things he did and He after listing like 2 or 3 things he would sing the line "Damn thing to do this." I forgot about the band and the song pretty much after they were off the stage. But later in my life during my downward spiral that led to prison that line kept jumping out at me. "Damn thing to do this." I cant let go of this line and say it often even though I couldnt tell you anything about the people who put it in my head.

A second is a line from the song How Bizarre by OMC the line Wanna know the rest? Hey, buy the rights. it is a running joke with my freinds because I love that song and they dont understand why. One time I was having a really bad day and started to rant but stopped. My friend was like well finish the story what happened? And I just said Wanna know the rest? Hey, buy the rights. I have no idea why I said that. But now my friend and I say it all the time.
    Last edited by babyblob; 11-30-2021 at 09:27 PM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

There is one I didnt even realize I was doing. There is a goofy fun song called Uno from Little Big. They have a line that says "All You Have To Do Is To be Ready For Some Acton Now."

When I play video games online with my friend or when we play Dnd I always bust out this line. My friend Jenna pointed this out about an hour ago when we played Catan ion the Switch.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    The Song I refer to the most is oddly enough a song I dont know the name of and cant remember who sang it.
    Oh, I just love that one. I probably sing that one at least six times a day.

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

Almost every time hats are mentioned, I go "does anybody still wear... a hat?" from "Ladies who Lunch".