Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Default Was there ever any fallout from Bishop killing Charles?

I didn't keep up with the comics for a while after Messiah Complex, but was just thinking about all the drama Cyclops landed himself in after AvX, it just dawned on me that nobody seems to remember that Bishop also killed him a few months before this?

How come nobody ever mentions this? How was he redeemed? Bit strange.

Quote Originally Posted by OmegaStorm87 View Post
    I didn't keep up with the comics for a while after Messiah Complex, but was just thinking about all the drama Cyclops landed himself in after AvX, it just dawned on me that nobody seems to remember that Bishop also killed him a few months before this?

How come nobody ever mentions this? How was he redeemed? Bit strange.
    He was not. Redeemed, I mean. And that was just a footnote compared to what they had him making later. He exterminated several continents worth of people during the Cable run. I hate this. At first in HoX I thought Bishop had been rebooted to an earlier age through resurrection, because he seems so much younger these days. Half of the time I think he is Bedlam. The fact that nobody bothered to redeem him irks me. He was one of my favourite characters and now I do not know who is he supposed to be.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Leirus View Post
    He was not. Redeemed, I mean. And that was just a footnote compared to what they had him making later. He exterminated several continents worth of people during the Cable run. I hate this. At first in HoX I thought Bishop had been rebooted to an earlier age through resurrection, because he seems so much younger these days. Half of the time I think he is Bedlam. The fact that nobody bothered to redeem him irks me. He was one of my favourite characters and now I do not know who is he supposed to be.
    It's just weird that we were supposed to think that Cyclops had lost his way and basically everyone turned against him after AvX for killing Charles...yet Bishop is also standing right there?

It's ridiculous that he never got a redemption story, or to even have it addressed by the other characters? They really dropped the ball with him.

It's just weird that we were supposed to think that Cyclops had lost his way and basically everyone turned against him after AvX for killing Charles...yet Bishop is also standing right there?

It's ridiculous that he never got a redemption story, or to even have it addressed by the other characters? They really dropped the ball with him.

They did drop the ball most desastrously. I thought he was going to be redeemed in that X-Force run, that maybe he had been possesed by a revenant or something when he killed all these people. Cheesy I know, but at that point I just wanted him back as an X-men without the "genocidal maniac" bagagge.
    But no, they sent Storm to his mind (I do not remember the specifics) and it was all his doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Leirus View Post
    They did drop the ball most desastrously. I thought he was going to be redeemed in that X-Force run, that maybe he had been possesed by a revenant or something when he killed all these people. Cheesy I know, but at that point I just wanted him back as an X-men without the "genocidal maniac" bagagge.
    But no, they sent Storm to his mind (I do not remember the specifics) and it was all his doing.
    In the future, killing Charles will be a right of passage for any and all tough, antihero type mutants!

Extraordinary Member

There is no consistency. Marvel was already working on making everyone hate Cyclops and did the Schism story to make it official. Everything was so forced. Then AvX has everyone hating Scott while making Scarlet Witch the hero who just had a whole maxiseries written to try to act like she was not guilty of anything because she was possessed.

All I can say is don't expect anything to change. Either enjoy any given story or not, and pretty much avoid getting into discussions that rely on canon/continuity since not only do the writers not care, it is broken.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

According to HiX-Man those AvX years/era are considered to be "lost" and most likely will never be referenced in this era. And rightly so...Nobody should have to be forced to "clean up" **** stories and I strongly suspect no current X-writer wants to get stained...hence "lost" an hopefully forgotten.

If it really means that much to some...the next era writer might give it a go, though. But for now...all past transgressions are pardoned and forgiven.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 06-01-2021 at 06:23 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

It was touched upon in the X-(wo)Man series where Storm went to look for Lucas.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Bishop did that in Moira Life 1.

When a writer really cares for the fallout of a story written by a previous writer?

Did Hickman do it with Rosenberg?
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Incredible Member Agatha's Ghost's Avatar

He failed to kill Charles. He simply shot him in the head, which Stryfe did first.

Quote Originally Posted by Agatha's Ghost View Post
    He failed to kill Charles. He simply shot him in the head, which Stryfe did first.
    Scott just finished the job

Charles didnt die and was immediately healed. There wasnt really any fallout to be had from that as it was resolved rather quickly. Overall there wasnt much fallout to anything Bishop did as he was discarded and thrown in limbo once his arc was complete. He became irrelevant to the X-line and nothing was really done with him for years afterwards

I thought in the X-Force that came after AvX it was revealed that he was possessed by Demon Bear?

Quote Originally Posted by Viteh View Post
    I thought in the X-Force that came after AvX it was revealed that he was possessed by Demon Bear?
    he wasnt possessed when he shot Charles