Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Suicide Squad #4 spoilers and discussion (crossover epilogue)

Alright well here is the issue where Red X escapes and beats the Suicide Squad.....oh don't go crying that I ruined a surprise because let me tell you that was not a surprise. Given the cover, how they talk about Red X being on Batman's level, and how he is meant to still be in Teen Titans Academy we pretty much all knew he was going to bust out and pants the team, which he does in true Red X fan favorite fashion. Basically he shorts the prison system, unknown if it was tech in his mask or possibly superpowers, and causes a prison break as he busts his way out but not without back talking Waller and revealing a few precious secrets and one big prison escape that cannot be good for Waller. The rest I am going to put in spoiler box to be nice, but yeah the Squad did not end up looking good after this crossover as they failed to get Bolt, then got beat up by a Batman wannabee (I like Red X but it's an accurate description), and lost a pretty valuable prisoner. Hopefully they will have a better showing against the Crime Syndicate and the New Swamp Thing though not likely.

spoilers:
    Well after beating Superboy by hacking his kryptonite poisoning he runs into Talon who he lets know he's not falling for the mentally impaired act, and it turns out he actually knows his stuff because Talon's been faking this whole time with his "Who?" act and even catches Talon offguard with how he could possibly know that. After that he beats up Peacemaker who he is aware is ready to turn on Waller, and then after that he blows a whole in Waller's office for his break out. But yeah, basically Red X looked cool this issue by beating the Squad and out planning Waller.

Oh and the big break out, yeah it's really going to hurt Waller because the prisoner was Rick Flag. Yeah so if you recall Flag tried to turn on Waller back in issue 1 but she locked him up, well now he's free and who knows what is going to happen now that Flag has escaped Waller fully or at least partially aware of her plans.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by sifighter; 06-01-2021 at 07:11 AM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Extraordinary Member

So much for being tired of being losers

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    So much for being tired of being losers
    I mean what can you expect when half your team are villains people never heard of and the other half are characters who are actively trying to betray/overthrow Waller.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Dang it, I think I didn't asked my LCS to schedule this issue, since I believe the crossover ended with TTA 3... damn.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Dang it, I think I didn't asked my LCS to schedule this issue, since I believe the crossover ended with TTA 3... damn.
    I mean I'm just calling it the epilogue because this deals with the aftermath with the Squad and Red X. So if you want to know how Red X gets back to Titans Tower after being nabbed by the Suicide Squad then you may want to pick this up.
    Last edited by sifighter; 06-01-2021 at 07:35 AM.
    Words to live by.

I kinda liked the issue.

It also helps to confirm my theory that spoilers:
    Red X is Brick
    end of spoilers

The fact that Red X can take down the Suicide Squad all by himself make me even less interested in him.

Why is he on the Titans Academy to begin with? If this dude can beat Superboy with a single trick, go out there do some hero work, you're wasting your time faking being a student.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    The fact that Red X can take down the Suicide Squad all by himself make me even less interested in him.

Why is he on the Titans Academy to begin with? If this dude can beat Superboy with a single trick, go out there do some hero work, you're wasting your time faking being a student.
    Yeah, if he's already that strong and competent, the only reason which makes sense for him to be inside the TTA is because he works for someone who planted him here. But he doesn't strike me as a very subservient character.

Not that I don't dislike the idea of X being competent, but if he can dance with Connor and come out on top, he's pretty much a really heavy hitter already. If he can dance with the whole Squad, even as disfunctionnal as it is curently, he's definitively big solo hero, at least to me.

Yeah, if he's already that strong and competent, the only reason which makes sense for him to be inside the TTA is because he works for someone who planted him here. But he doesn't strike me as a very subservient character.

Not that I don't dislike the idea of X being competent, but if he can dance with Connor and come out on top, he's pretty much a really heavy hitter already. If he can dance with the whole Squad, even as disfunctionnal as it is curently, he's definitively big solo hero, at least to me.
    Yeah, something tells me we will see a Red X mini or something either within this or next year.
    Words to live by.

By the way, how long does Red X remains in Belle Reve or wherever Waller had him stowed ? Because if it's several hours, shouldn't the Titans know who he is simply by virtue of them doing a roll call and him not being here to say hello ?

By the way, how long does Red X remains in Belle Reve or wherever Waller had him stowed ? Because if it's several hours, shouldn't the Titans know who he is simply by virtue of them doing a roll call and him not being here to say hello ?
    Yeah, that won't happen. They can't even get in time to help the students when their Tower is being invaded.

I was totally in the side of the Teen Titans Academy book until it actually started, but i'm not enjoying it at all.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Incredible Member

Felt like an issue 12 instead of #4 so that’s a good thing. I’m kinda just waiting until the SS annual to see what’s up with SB.

spoilers:
    don’t think I’ll care about this book anymore if the Johns look Conner is a clone and they never use the original Conner beyond this annual
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member

Red X is a bit too competent. Are we sure that he's not an established character in disguise?

Who needs batgod when u have red x God.

BTW he only really beat talon and peacemaker, and they are humans, he only beat SB and Culebra he used their implants to incapacite them.

Now SB knows there is things he doesnt know thst is being held from him and something is wrong with him, so its a good start to him figuring things out and going in to the annual.
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Red X is a bit too competent. Are we sure that he's not an established character in disguise?
    He was like that in the show too