Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default What are some harpy characters?

Harpy characters are characters based on the mythological species of the same examples of this in fiction include harpy lady from yugioh and sirene from devilman.

Characters excluded from naming are the aforementioned ones above and the select few ones below

mediri from interspecies reviewers

papi from monster musume

ganos from dragon ball

harpus from bakugan

zoar the harpy from he-man

shutumon from digimon

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Don't be a speciest and include a few Manticores please

The Harpy Eagle Is A Reminder That Mythological Creatures Do Exist

The harpy eagle is legendary, although few people have seen one in the wild.

Why are harpy eagles so cool? For one, they are the largest eagle in the Americas and are considered the most powerful bird of prey in the entire world. With tarsal claws 5 inches long and a wingspan of up to six and a half feet, these beautiful and formidable predators make quick meals out of monkeys and sloths.

“Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Mary Marvel VS. The Fire Harpy from Brave New World, Vol. 1 #1 (August, 2006):

DuckTales, both new and old series had harpies. They also were in the comics preceding the shows.

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Don't be a speciest and include a few Manticores please
    There are manticores in My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. I think they only appear twice, however. One is helped and becomes friendly and the other eats a pony as part of a magic act.

Also, Adventure Time has Tiny Manticore, a former prisoner of Magic Man.

In The Incredible Hulk, Betty was once transformed into a character called the Harpy.

Quote Originally Posted by foxley View Post
    In The Incredible Hulk, Betty was once transformed into a character called the Harpy.

She's the Red Harpy now in current issues of Immortal Hulk.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nschornhorst View Post
    DuckTales, both new and old series had harpies. They also were in the comics preceding the shows.
    In the actual comic book story Carl Barks was forced to invent the term "larky" for the harpy characters, because an editor had somehow discovered that "harpy" was an obscure (and obsolete) slang term for a streetwalker!

Quote Originally Posted by seismic-2 View Post
    In the actual comic book story Carl Barks was forced to invent the term "larky" for the harpy characters, because an editor had somehow discovered that "harpy" was an obscure (and obsolete) slang term for a streetwalker!
    Oh wow! I didn't know that! I might have read the story at some point, but forgot. Neat! Maybe that term was still used in some other country, as I know the Duck comics are insanely more popular overseas.

Harpies ("vildvittror" in the original Swedish) are present in Astrid Lindgren's Ronja the Robber's Daughter, here in a scene from the 1984 live action movie
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Ella the Harpy from Heroes of Olympus.

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    Harpies ("vildvittror" in the original Swedish) are present in Astrid Lindgren's Ronja the Robber's Daughter, here in a scene from the 1984 live action movie
    Ronja Räubertochter is also an “old” videogame, an abandonware… I tried to play with the version in French, without much success…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nschornhorst View Post
    Oh wow! I didn't know that! I might have read the story at some point, but forgot. Neat! Maybe that term was still used in some other country, as I know the Duck comics are insanely more popular overseas.
    Thanks, for posting those pics. Got a genuine laugh outta me, sir