Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
I agree with the idea that Diana doesn't have to be the same age as Batman and Superman, but if she is gonna be 40 years old then she has to feel that old.

A 40 years old Diana that never left Themyscira also didn't go through our normal stages of development like graduating school, leaving home, finding a job, etc. But her at 20 years old should still be different from her at 40 years old.

I'm not saying that she has to be like the 40 year old women I know, but she has to feel like she has that age.
Why does she have to ''feel that age''? Age is a construct of human society anyway, born of a bunch of factors including passing through certain life stages/having certain experiences, as well as biological age. If Diana doesn't age physically and if Amazons don't go through the same life stages or experiences a 'normal' human being would likely go through, then why would her concept of age be the same as ours? It becomes immaterial if she's 20 or 40 or 500 or 2000...

Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
But even if she was 3000 years old and on the island, her experience would still only be on the island. She still would be new to the world when she arrives. She maybe wiser then a late 20 year old but isn't that a good thing? Like she isn't gawking over some of the mundane stuff that writers have "fish out of water" characters do.
Exactly!

Gal Gadot's Diana looks like a 30-something and is canonically thousands of years old (the exact number is mentioned in Snyder's JL, I don't remember it right now). It doesn't stop her from being a naive ''fish out of water'' when she first shows up on Man's World. And she's probably had more unique life experiences in the nearly 70 years between the first film and WW'84 than she had for the thousands for years before that.