Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default I Predect Amazing 75 will be big

With everyone going on with spidy spot, kingpin Kindred Norman and the rest. issue 75 will tie everything up and more of Kindred.Its a Guess on my part but I hope it will

Extraordinary Member

74 will be big to imo.It's legacy 875.
    Next month should have a lot in store for us.

Will there be an issue 75? I can see it being a new #1 instead. Chip Zdarsky writing if the Free Comic Book Day listing is any indication.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Will there be an issue 75? I can see it being a new #1 instead. Chip Zdarsky writing if the Free Comic Book Day listing is any indication.
    I think we will get 1 month of Spencer ASM after August to wrap things up.Then Zdarsky takes the reign

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    I think we will get 1 month of Spencer ASM after August to wrap things up.Then Zdarsky takes the reign
    I really think Spencer is Spider-Man history after the two issues in August. Why? 1: Look at the August solicits: No information except the cover. 2: In the TV industry when a network is cancelling a show they “burn” unaired episodes to get rid of them instead of not airing them (their term not mine), that is exactly what is happening with Amazing. Now the question is: 1: Are they doing it because Zdarsky became willing to do Amazing? 2: Marvel felt they needed to remove Spencer from the book? 3: Both? I actually think the answer is Both. There is little doubt Spencer went far too long with Kindred but there is also little doubt that Amazing is a much more prestigious title then either Venom or Hulk so if Zdarsky was not willing, either Cates or Ewing would have picked it up. Why did he? Probably a combination of more money and he has a story to tell ( Gut feeling based on Daredevil Fisk will play a large role in it)
    Last edited by NC_Yankee; 06-02-2021 at 02:10 PM.

Incredible Member

Where is the confirmation that Zdarsky is taking over?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    No exact quote but the fact he is writing it with the Venom team and there is no hints ( except the cover) in the August solicits. Is a pretty good indication it is over for Spencer. I would also note that neither Ewing or Cates got Amazing and that title is more prestigious then Hulk or Venom

None. There isn’t even confirmation that Spencer is actually leaving. All this is just weird speculation. Personally I don’t see Spencer leaving for a long while.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Spencer has a little more left in him than 75, I think.
    His story is this one big tapestry of several plots. Yes, they all seem to be getting closer to wrapping up. But we are still a ways to go. The biggest plot thread is the marriage and the soul, and how Kindred ties to that.

Spencer will probably hit around 100 issues if he wants to be the one to deliver on his teases.

I do kinda hope Spencer stays on til ASM 900, Dan Slott got 3(!!) centennials- you gotta get at least 1, Nick!

However, the pacing of this run has been hinging on big Kindred things every 25 issues so I don't doubt something big happens with Sinister War or right after and there's yet another oversized celebration issue.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    I really think Spencer is Spider-Man history after the two issues in August. Why? 1: Look at the August solicits: No information except the cover. 2: In the TV industry when a network is cancelling a show they “burn” unaired episodes to get rid of them instead of not airing them (their term not mine), that is exactly what is happening with Amazing. Now the question is: 1: Are they doing it because Zdarsky became willing to do Amazing? 2: Marvel felt they needed to remove Spencer from the book? 3: Both? I actually think the answer is Both. There is little doubt Spencer went far too long with Kindred but there is also little doubt that Amazing is a much more prestigious title then either Venom or Hulk so if Zdarsky was not willing, either Cates or Ewing would have picked it up. Why did he? Probably a combination of more money and he has a story to tell ( Gut feeling based on Daredevil Fisk will play a large role in it)
    If anything, it is probably the fact Amazing is 2 (sometimes 3) issues a month. Something Spencer has said is something he isn't accustomed to doing. Factor in all the .# stuff and the specials and it is a incredible workload.

Astonishing Member

There hasn't been any. Doesn't mean it "is or isn't" happening either way. But so many on here were dead set Cates was coming on to do Amazing.

If Zdarsky does get the gig, I am all for it. But everybody has latched onto the text in the solicits which stated "This is it. Everything has been building to this." Which doesn't indict his run is ending in itself.we have to wait and see.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    Spencer has a little more left in him than 75, I think.
    His story is this one big tapestry of several plots. Yes, they all seem to be getting closer to wrapping up. But we are still a ways to go. The biggest plot thread is the marriage and the soul, and how Kindred ties to that.

Spencer will probably hit around 100 issues if he wants to be the one to deliver on his teases.
    I always thought he would do 100 issues (actually 99). It would give Marvel the big #900 and a brand new #1 the following month. All in spidey's 60th anniversary year to boot.

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    If anything, it is probably the fact Amazing is 2 (sometimes 3) issues a month. Something Spencer has said is something he isn't accustomed to doing. Factor in all the .# stuff and the specials and it is a incredible workload.
    Marvel should really cool it on the excessive amount of ASM. They wanna do it twice monthly always? Fine, but stop with the 'point-something' tie-ins and giant extra issues so often, I really feel like it has been a hamper on Spencer's run. He did good with the extra .HU tie-ins for Hunted but after that I think the run hasn't been quite as strong in general since around the 2099 stuff. There's been good stuff to find but I feel like the increased workload effects are showing. Quality over quantity

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
    Marvel should really cool it on the excessive amount of ASM. They wanna do it twice monthly always? Fine, but stop with the 'point-something' tie-ins and giant extra issues so often, I really feel like it has been a hamper on Spencer's run. He did good with the extra .HU tie-ins for Hunted but after that I think the run hasn't been quite as strong in general since around the 2099 stuff. There's been good stuff to find but I feel like the increased workload effects are showing. Quality over quantity
    L.R. was the only excessive issues in his run imo.Hunted tie-in was fantastic.The giant-sizes are just to push the pace imo.
    Talking about pace 2 issues per month is necessary imo.Anything less or more isn't good.
    I don't mind 3-4 issues per month because we don't have a secondary Spider-man(Peter obv) title like Friendly Neighbourhood or Spectacular .