Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    Spencer might not have a interest in telling that story. Zdarsky also handled the X-men/Fantastic Four mini when neither Slott nor Hickman had interest in doing it themselves. That is something I love about Zdarsky: his versatility in playing with toys other writers are using without upsetting what they are doing. Ewing may be the star player, but Zdarsky is the real MVP over at Marvel.

The Kindred reveal is nothing compared to the other mysteries the book has tossed at readers (Hobgoblin took, what, over 10 years to finally see a legit resolution after constant fake-outs? The Green Goblin reveal took 26 odd issues). The only difference is Spencer is continuing to keep his cards to his chest. You don't know who the culprit is, or their true motive, until the story's climax. This is no different. Patience, my friend. If I could tolerate 4 added years of Slott on the book (when the guy clearly should have left post-superior), then enduring Spencer is nothing.

As for Red John, that did drag. I do agree with you on that. That story should have wrapped a season earlier and the show should have gone with it once it did.

Peter has always been down on his luck. Slott made him a billionaire and took it all away. Spencer is just keeping the tradition going. All writers do it to a degree. Even when Peter wins, he ultimately loses somewhere else. But it isn't a coincidence things are unraveling for Peter. It is a domino effect and I wouldn't be surprised if it was caused by whatever is going on with Kindred. Who knows, it might even be because of Mephisto for all we know.
    I did like the final season of the Mentalist with Jane marrying Lisbon and finding out she is pregnant with a girl ( it brought the story full circle). As for Kindred, Green Goblin took 26 issues but this story is far longer, and while Hobgoblin took a decade even that did not last as long as OMD. I guess my biggest issue ( besides OMD not going away and Peter as a “Damsel In Distress “ which did not happen to this extent before) is the layers upon layers of this story ( Ned not dying, getting Betty pregnant and being Hobgoblin is simply the latest. Let me see a Goblin getting an ex Peter g/f pregnant. What does that remind me of? Oh yes Sins Past). Unless Spencer is going to do a Butterfly Effect story tie it together and erase it, then the entire Kindred story can only be viewed as a complete waste of time and a disaster
    Last edited by NC_Yankee; 06-05-2021 at 08:52 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    I did like the final season of the Mentalist with Jane marrying Lisbon and finding out she is pregnant with a girl ( it brought the story full circle). As for Kindred, Green Goblin took 26 issues but this story is far longer, and while Hobgoblin took a decade even that did not last as long as OMD. I guess my biggest issue ( besides OMD not going away and Peter as a “Damsel In Distress “ which did not happen to this extent before) is the layers upon layers of this story ( Ned not dying, getting Betty pregnant and being Hobgoblin is simply the latest. Let me see a Goblin getting an ex Peter g/f pregnant. What does that remind me of? Oh yes Sins Past). Unless Spencer is going to do a Butterfly Effect story tie it together and erase it, then the entire Kindred story can only be viewed as a complete waste of time and a disaster
    The character developments were nice. But I mean the whole Red John mystery that was the driving narrative. Then Jane finally discovers the guy, unmasks him, then gets revenge by killing him. Most of series 7 could have been condensed into the latter half of series 6. It is what it is.

Either this is a manipulation by Kindred (which I doubt, because he dug up "Ned's" corpse in Last Remains) or it has something to do with Chameleon and LMD's (like Mary or Richard Parker). The logical answer is that he probably faked his death in Berlin with the help of Foreigner (no surprise he popped up again last issue) and helped stage the scene where Peter finds Ned's body (which Peter didn't examine at the time).

May question is: when did the brainwashing begin to wear off? Supposedly it was perfected by this point. I do know it was stated elsewhere that Alien Reality had Ned as Hobgoblin. In that his memory of that event was wiped at the story's conclusion. So that may have had a effect. Seems random for PAD to do a mini like that when both Symbiote series were tie-ins (1 for a movie, other for a event).

Still, we don't know where Spencer is going with this. He keeps dropping new plot threads into the mix to get a accurate bead on it.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    I think we will get 1 month of Spencer ASM after August to wrap things up.Then Zdarsky takes the reign
    Just because a new writer comes in, why do they have to start with a #1 ??? I hate when they do that, makes no sense. Other than they think it will sell more copies, but in the long term it accomplishes nothing.
    Just stick with the Legacy number, the number that it should be regardless of writer.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheKryptonMan View Post
    Just because a new writer comes in, why do they have to start with a #1 ??? I hate when they do that, makes no sense. Other than they think it will sell more copies, but in the long term it accomplishes nothing.
    Just stick with the Legacy number, the number that it should be regardless of writer.
    I don't like it myself. But it offers a clear starting point with a new creative team at the helm. Legacy numbers will still be acknowledged and maintained. So one for us oldies and one for the newbies.

Astonishing Member

The character developments were nice. But I mean the whole Red John mystery that was the driving narrative. Then Jane finally discovers the guy, unmasks him, then gets revenge by killing him. Most of series 7 could have been condensed into the latter half of series 6. It is what it is.

Either this is a manipulation by Kindred (which I doubt, because he dug up "Ned's" corpse in Last Remains) or it has something to do with Chameleon and LMD's (like Mary or Richard Parker). The logical answer is that he probably faked his death in Berlin with the help of Foreigner (no surprise he popped up again last issue) and helped stage the scene where Peter finds Ned's body (which Peter didn't examine at the time).

May question is: when did the brainwashing begin to wear off? Supposedly it was perfected by this point. I do know it was stated elsewhere that Alien Reality had Ned as Hobgoblin. In that his memory of that event was wiped at the story's conclusion. So that may have had a effect. Seems random for PAD to do a mini like that when both Symbiote series were tie-ins (1 for a movie, other for a event).

Still, we don't know where Spencer is going with this. He keeps dropping new plot threads into the mix to get a accurate bead on it.
    I certainly agree with you about Red John ( that is the overlong story line I think of when I look to a comparison of Kindred). I can only hope and pray that the next writer does as good a job with Peter as the final season did with Jane and his supporting cast ( including Cho, Abbott and of course Lisbon). As for Spencer, the only kind of outcome that is satisfying and makes sense is for the entire OMD saga to end up like films like It’s A Wonderful Life ( what would life be without George Bailey?), or Between Two Worlds where the Bergmer’s (Paul Heinreid and Eleanor Parker) commit Suicide but are given another chance on Earth because of their love for each other). Maybe Peter and MJ can get that outcome? Which would give the next writer a clean slate ( like the Berghers got).,Of course thst is wishful thinking on my end.

when does Amazing #75 come out? Will it be double sized?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    when does Amazing #75 come out? Will it be double sized?
    Based on where we are right now, I will say August. As for the size if it is the Kindred finale I would imagine so ( based on Kingpin and Chameleon being King Sized). If it is the end, you will probably see 75 then an epilogue type issue like Slott did with Amazing 801. That is my prediction. If however, he remains on the book, I have to imagine that he ( and Kindred) will last until Amazing 900 to set up Amazing 1000 for the next writer.

Astonishing Member

Based on where we are right now, I will say August. As for the size if it is the Kindred finale I would imagine so ( based on Kingpin and Chameleon being King Sized). If it is the end, you will probably see 75 then an epilogue type issue like Slott did with Amazing 801. That is my prediction. If however, he remains on the book, I have to imagine that he ( and Kindred) will last until Amazing 900 to set up Amazing 1000 for the next writer.
    If he was to remain on the book, I think the true reveal will happen beforehand and Spencer will likely deal with the fallout of the revelations. I could very well see 75 having the revelation that Peter made a deal with Mephisto. Then the next 25 issues trying to come to terms with it before rallying with a big story leading up to 900 with Peter finally overcoming Kindred and/or Mephisto.

Astonishing Member

If he was to remain on the book, I think the true reveal will happen beforehand and Spencer will likely deal with the fallout of the revelations. I could very well see 75 having the revelation that Peter made a deal with Mephisto. Then the next 25 issues trying to come to terms with it before rallying with a big story leading up to 900 with Peter finally overcoming Kindred and/or Mephisto.
    I guarantee I will not remain with the book if Spencer and this Kindred story remain. This is year three and there is no excuse for this story to go on for so long ( 13 years of OMD is even worse but another story altogether). Spencer needs to remember he is writing a comic book not War and Peace ( I bet Tolstoy spent less time on that then Spencer has with Kindred). If he likes OMD that is his right, but do not hide behind the Editorial Board won’t let me get rid of it ( they let you write Cap as a Nazi and Slott write RYV). I guarantee if I knew what I knew now three years ago, I would not have returned to Amazing.

Astonishing Member

I guarantee I will not remain with the book if Spencer and this Kindred story remain. This is year three and there is no excuse for this story to go on for so long ( 13 years of OMD is even worse but another story altogether). Spencer needs to remember he is writing a comic book not War and Peace ( I bet Tolstoy spent less time on that then Spencer has with Kindred). If he likes OMD that is his right, but do not hide behind the Editorial Board won’t let me get rid of it ( they let you write Cap as a Nazi and Slott write RYV). I guarantee if I knew what I knew now three years ago, I would not have returned to Amazing.
    I am just theorizing that such a situation may be the likely outcome. Because I don't see Spencer leaving without tying up all his various story threads, nor do I see him revealing the link between Kindred/Mephisto/OMD and passing the fall out to another writer to handle it. He'll do that and then give whoever comes next a clean slate.

If he leaves now, the story will either be 1. Rushed or 2. Threads left dangling that other writers will have to deal with.

Fantastic Member

I guarantee I will not remain with the book if Spencer and this Kindred story remain. This is year three and there is no excuse for this story to go on for so long ( 13 years of OMD is even worse but another story altogether). Spencer needs to remember he is writing a comic book not War and Peace ( I bet Tolstoy spent less time on that then Spencer has with Kindred).
    Tolstoy spent six years writing War and Peace.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by RJT View Post
    Tolstoy spent six years writing War and Peace.
    Thank you for the information I did not know that

Fantastic Member

So the Finisher hasn't been seen since he killed Richard & Mary Parker in ASM Annual #5;
    The Finisher was working for the Red Skull
    (that later turned out to be not the REAL Red Skull, so ...unsatisfying)

I'd love it if it was that faux Red Skull was actually the Chameleon the whole time, thus elevating Spider-Man's very first super-villain to become - in theory - his most personal villain.
    "Face Front... Nuff Said?"

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jebsib View Post
    So the Finisher hasn't been seen since he killed Richard & Mary Parker in ASM Annual #5;
    The Finisher was working for the Red Skull
    (that later turned out to be not the REAL Red Skull, so ...unsatisfying)

I'd love it if it was that faux Red Skull was actually the Chameleon the whole time, thus elevating Spider-Man's very first super-villain to become - in theory - his most personal villain.
    I really do not share that opinion. In my opinion, Peter’s most personal villain was and still is Norman Osborn.

To be fair, OP was correct.

First issue post-Spencer.

At the moment, we don't know if it's a fill-in or the kickoff to a new run.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets