Default 2 Komodo Dragons vs 2 Crocodiles vs 2 Great Whites vs 2 Walruses

In the Ocean. Who takes it?
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Mighty Member

The dragons are too tiny. They weigh like 5% of what a walrus weighs. The sharks are going to be the fastest, but they are probably too small as well. Only Orca and Polar bears are known to prey on the walrus, and polar bears only on the calves. Maybe a truly massive Saltwater croc would be big enough to hurt a walrus, but on average I think the walrus takes it with his enormous bulk. The Walruses might have trouble catching the others, but they can wait them out with their blubber stores.

You might be thinking of a male elephant seal, which is bigger than a walrus. Great whites are not too small to take on walruses. Polar bears have been filmed taking on adult walruses.

And, yes, the Komodos are outclassed here. Their bacteria-filled bites will not be strong enough to do any damage to any of the other participants.

Salt water crocs routinely feast on small sharks, but not great whites.
    Last edited by hulahulk; 06-02-2021 at 03:56 AM.
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

komodo4mg.jpg

The Komodo is irked by the choice of venue.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Extraordinary Member

Yeah, the sea isn't exactly a komodo dragons regular turf.

Quote Originally Posted by hulahulk View Post
    And, yes, the Komodos are outclassed here. Their bacteria-filled bites will not be strong enough to do any damage to any of the other participants.
    The bacteria thing is outdated and debunked, Komodos are venomous

In the ocean a Great White takes this, the shock produced by a 2 ton animal hitting at 35 mph teeth first will usually kill most things and certainly everything listed here

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    The bacteria thing is outdated and debunked, Komodos are venomous
    Yeah, pretty nasty stuff as I recall.

...I, for one, am happy to see the Komodo return to Rumbles. Used to be part of the Rumbles 'Pantheon'. ^_^
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by hulahulk View Post
    You might be thinking of a male elephant seal, which is bigger than a walrus. Great whites are not too small to take on walruses. Polar bears have been filmed taking on adult walruses.

Salt water crocs routinely feast on small sharks, but not great whites.
    An adult walrus can weigh up to 2,000 kg. At most a great white is just crossing over half of that.

There's even a bigger disparity between a Bull Walrus and a Polar Bear, and a Polar Bear can casually manhandle a Bull Walrus and tear it into bloody chunks. Link is easy enough to find (I won't post it here do the sheer amount of blood), but it's not pretty.

An ambush predator with a speed advantage and teeth sharp enough/big enough to tear through the layer of fatty protection a walrus has, should do fine.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Didn't know Walrusii were so diesel
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Quote Originally Posted by StupidMoniker View Post
    An adult walrus can weigh up to 2,000 kg. At most a great white is just crossing over half of that.
    largest Bull Walrus on record is estimated(as they only have the weight of the hide to go by) at 5,000lbs(2300KG), the largest mature female Great White is estimated from 4,200lb (1,905 kg) to 5,000lb(2,268 kg)

Walruses are really not built for combat, and the dragons are really not at home in the sea (and are massively outweighed here), so I’m ruling them both out, leaving the great whites and the salties.

Salties do attack and eat sharks, but small ones only. Great whites are a different prospect altogether. And, importantly, crocs are not so much with the team tactics stuff. They’re much more of a solitary hunter. Great whites also typically hunt solo, but sharks famously cooperate and team up where necessary, and the collective blood frenzy from multiple sharks encourages more aggression.

I can only see this going the way of the sharks.

Even Salt Water Crocodiles tend to stay in more shallow waters, so if this is open ocean, the sharks should have this easy.