Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    Yeah don't know if the Shiiar gift was anti-climactic or misleading? And of course, Beast's plan to spy one diplomats backfired and now there's a problem. They even had a data page where he compared himself to a God. Although since the night does end well, I'm guessing this problem will be taken care of.

Who is Wilhemina again?

I think the big reveal was prob them talking about Planet Sized X-Men? That would elicit amazed/shocked/kind worried about what you're doing responses.
    Wilhemina is the blonde Hellfire brat from Jason Aaron’s run. When Wolverine was headmaster of the Jean Grey School.

Wilhemina was the crazy pre-teen blonde girl who called herself the new White Queen

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Wilhe...on_(Earth-616)
    Last edited by Will Evans; 06-02-2021 at 09:11 AM.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    Part of me is wondering if the implication was that Wilhelmina is a sixth Cuckoo.
    This seems likely, and I don't love it. Wasn't there a thing at the beginning of Morrison's run where people couldn't get the number of Cuckoos right?

Astonishing Member

If she is the 6th, what are the odds every few years we get a new one.

Mighty Member

Now that I know who Wilhemina is, I don't want her or any Hellfire brat.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    Part of me is wondering if the implication was that Wilhelmina is a sixth Cuckoo.
    SPWICE doesn't roll of the tongue. Also does she even had powers, I thought she was a flatscan?

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    Yes, I do. I feel like the main thing this issue did was unite all the enemies of Krakoa, and possibly create some new ones. The Brazilian diplomat at the end specifically says that humans will be more motivated to deal with the "threat" of mutants. And the other human guest seem to be in a panic more than awe struck admiration. Even Dr. Strange and Cap seem to be very wary of whatever the big revelation is.
    The Brazilian lady's comment is meaningless because humans have already been extremely motivated to wipe out Mutants. And we've seen that play out thanks to DOFP and all its copies right up to HOX/POX.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    SPWICE doesn't roll of the tongue. Also does she even had powers, I thought she was a flatscan?
    Well, she might be too young to have her powers manifest.

However, she's especially terrible, even among the god awful Hellfire Brats. I'd rather never see her again.
    Last edited by useridgoeshere; 06-02-2021 at 09:33 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Wilhemina is the blonde Hellfire brat from Jason Aaron’s run. When Wolverine was headmaster of the Jean Grey School.

Wilhemina was the crazy pre-teen blonde girl who called herself the new White Queen

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Wilhe...on_(Earth-616)

She also gets her kicks torturing animals. I hate her so much especially as cat lover myself.

This was a fun issues especially as an Emma fan.

- Christian Frost: Great to see him. I loved the look but expected it in white to theme with being the White Bishop. The Shi'ar interaction is interesting... I keep stating on here that Christian's Mercury ship is a UFO and that has not been addressed. (I sort of hope Hickman takes him and Iceman to Mars). Speaking of, we need to see Iceman and Christian actually interact and not just stand next to each other and kiss.

- Franklin Richards: Not sure where this is going since Slot just made him not a mutant. It definitely felt like Hickman was going to include him in some sort of Omega mutants plan.

- I couldn't tell all the celebrity cameos.. but fun.

- I agree the telepaths assisting Rhapsody was unneeded. She is an old X-Factor character right?
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Extraordinary Member

The issue accomplished setting up the introduction to the Gala, but I was hoping for more. I don't like that the vibe throughout, especially at the end, was mostly antagonistic towards mutants.

It was nice seeing Rhapsody, but the telepathic accompaniment seemed dumb. Like, I imagine that playing a musical instrument in concert is less a feeling of sublime transcendence and more workman-like.

I don't keep up with the hellfire brats, so I don't have any idea what's going on with Wilhelmina and the Cuckoos., and I'm not sure I want to know.

Fenris is still part of the HTC, I really need Emma to get rid of them.

Emma reminding Cap of his mother seems incredibly doubtful and a poorly thought out joke. He did look good, though.

I feel like Lolli put in a lot of cameos from real life people, but because his art is more simplistic rather than detailed, the only one I recognized was Conan O'Brian.

We finally got to see Christian and Shinobi's outfits and they are ... kinda boring. The jacket of Shinobi's is nice but dull, and Christian just looks like he stole something from Mystique's closet.
    With regard to Rhapsody. Have you seen the Pixar film Soul?

It’s more like the feeling you’re in the zone than workmanship.

How did y'all feel about the Doom and Emma conversation?

Emma reminding Cap of his mother seems incredibly doubtful and a poorly thought out joke. He did look good, though.

More than a joke seem a meta-jab at how all blonde women these days are portrayed kind in the same way in Marvel Comics, to the point of blending each other in an omni sassy blonde.

Yikes! Im hoping for more story and less random interactions with the who's who of the MU. Hopefully the other red issues are more focused

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    With regard to Rhapsody. Have you seen the Pixar film Soul?

It’s more like the feeling you’re in the zone than workmanship.
    I don't play a musical instrument, but I have painted for many years now, and if someone was connected to my thoughts while painting it would just be mostly swears and self critique. Like even when I'm "in the zone" it's not really a state of euphoria as much of a state of thoughtlessness and pure action, it isn't until after that you feel like it went well.

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    - I agree the telepaths assisting Rhapsody was unneeded. She is an old X-Factor character right?
    Yeah, she had a fling with Madrox, and her powers already have the ability to affect the thoughts and emotions of her audience so I think it would have made more sense if the telepaths were just boosting that ability to create a sense of elation.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    How did y'all feel about the Doom and Emma conversation?
    I didn't think much of it really, it just reaffirmed what we already knew their positions were and seemed to me to just be there to set up the conquering joke with the Shi'ar.

Mighty Member

I don't play a musical instrument, but I have painted for many years now, and if someone was connected to my thoughts while painting it would just be mostly swears and self critique. Like even when I'm "in the zone" it's not really a state of euphoria as much of a state of thoughtlessness and pure action, it isn't until after that you feel like it went well.
    Rhapsody was probably hanging out with Dr. Nemesis and Nightcrawler doing shrooms before the show.

Is stuff happening off-panel that I am missing or am I reading these too fast?
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume