Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    So no one talking about the Emma and Banshee reunion?
    It was cute, but brief. Nice to see they still have sexual tension, looking forward to Sean showing up in Marauders.

Quote Originally Posted by Pumpkin King View Post
    The gambling scene was funny, but also felt like Duggan couldn't figure out what to do with Bishop, Pyro, Shinobi and Iceman, so just shoved them all together into one place. At least it seems in character for Pyro.

Will Bobby and Christian ever actually speak to each other again? Are they even still dating?

Why is Fenris part of the Hellfire Club Inner Circle? When they first showed up, I thought Sebastian and Shinobi were working with them in secret, as a potential weapon against Emma and Kate. But they've done absolutely nothing in the book so far, and Emma is now openly acknowledging them as part of the Hellfire Trading Co? What do they actually do that deserves being part of Emma's private toast?
    Yeah the dice game just seemed kind of random, I can sort of buy Shinobi also being into it, but not Bishop or Iceman. Also kind of bummed that Lolli designed Iceman's subpar Gala look and then he is only in a single page of the issue he drew, without any dialogue. Should have let Werneck or Larraz have a crack at it instead.

Iceman has been wasted in Marauders. He and Christian could have been compelling, but it's pretty clear Duggan wasn't interested in exploring it.

I want Callisto to take out Fenris, and then Emma can "accidentally" erase their Cerebro files.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    I get that they want to save the big moment for Planet Sized, but I think they’d have been better off not having the time skip at all. That sort of secret keeping is less enticing and more frustrating, as a reader.
    I agree. This issue should have just been about building excitement for what's to come. The reactions to the big reveal can come after the big reveal.
    Last edited by Dante Milton; 06-02-2021 at 04:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    Ooh, what if the Shii'ar rep is from Orchis and those diamonds are mini Nimrods that will pop up later on? But yeah they should come into play as important I hope.
    I think they need first to put human "souls" in them. I was wondering from where the hell Orchis got their logic diamond to create Nimrod. Or maybe you are right and those are prepacked Nimrods. I think it is going to be something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Whedon run was basically how toxic Jean was to scott and how emma was perfect to him Also writers, editors all said that.
    But it was always the other way around: Jean was too perfect for Scott. Or that is how he felt. That is why he could relax around Emma, a deeply flawed person who did not judge him with her mere presence.
    And that is also why Jean, who is basically a pressure cooker in human form, had to let steam off with Wolverine sometimes.

Whedon run was basically how toxic Jean was to scott and how emma was perfect to him Also writers, editors all said that.
    You got any quotes to back that up?
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    It was cute, but brief. Nice to see they still have sexual tension, looking forward to Sean showing up in Marauders.

Yeah the dice game just seemed kind of random, I can sort of buy Shinobi also being into it, but not Bishop or Iceman. Also kind of bummed that Lolli designed Iceman's subpar Gala look and then he is only in a single page of the issue he drew, without any dialogue. Should have let Werneck or Larraz have a crack at it instead.

Iceman has been wasted in Marauders. He and Christian could have been compelling, but it's pretty clear Duggan wasn't interested in exploring it.

I want Callisto to take out Fenris, and then Emma can "accidentally" erase their Cerebro files.
    Pretty much everyone was wasted on Marauders, the book that turned into an Emma solo so stealthy that nobody noticed. They had to invent a whole book of off-panel Storm great hits to make her seem relevant to the book.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMutantTheorist View Post
    Was anyone else getting a subtle hint that Franklin might become a mutant again? The way Kitty told him that everything worse out in the end makes me think that his status as an omega-level mutant is gonna be restored Maybe in Planet-sized x men or something.
    Personally, I think Reed did something to Franklin. Which will lead to some sh1t later on.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    You got any quotes to back that up?
    Yep; Quesada when asked why Jean wasn't back, he said that Scott was better with Emma. Nobody asked about Scott or Emma;
    Fraction compared Emma and Jean, he said Emma was the steak, so why would you want the ribs that were Jean.
    CELESTIAL BODIES Talked about this. Majority of these interiews were of course deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Leirus View Post
    Pretty much everyone was wasted on Marauders, the book that turned into an Emma solo so stealthy that nobody noticed. They had to invent a whole book of off-panel Storm great hits to make her seem relevant to the book.
    There wasnt any stealthy to it, everybody saw it coming

Yep; Quesada when asked why Jean wasn't back, he said that Scott was better with Emma. Nobody asked about Scott or Emma;
    Fraction compared Emma and Jean, he said Emma was the steak, so why would you want the ribs that were Jean.
    CELESTIAL BODIES Talked about this. Majority of these interiews were of course deleted

There wasnt any stealthy to it, everybody saw it coming
    I expected a Kitty solo. The Emma thing kinda blindsided me

None of that has anything to do with what you said about Whedon's run, but anyway let's move on.

We were wondering who the character running around in X-Corp was:

so I guess it's Andrea von Strucker. Did I forget that Fenris was part of the Marauders?

I expected a Kitty solo. The Emma thing kinda blindsided me
    Kitty had some big panel time and is the leader too. I thought it woud be a duo Kitty/Emma(for the 12 issues it was), but after Kitty dead and ressurrection she seems a bit without a plot to follow up

But it was always the other way around: Jean was too perfect for Scott. Or that is how he felt. That is why he could relax around Emma, a deeply flawed person who did not judge him with her mere presence.
    And that is also why Jean, who is basically a pressure cooker in human form, had to let steam off with Wolverine sometimes.
    This talks ore about Scott being a big baby snow flake and not being man enough. But writers really turned this against Jean, that she held him back.
    Jean isn't a pressure cooker, that is Emma

The book is Co-Stars Kitty (primary) and Emma (secondary) - Storm really wasn't that far off either. Hickman clearly has other plans for Emma as well and that's becoming more apparent.

- Did anyone notice Pyro was with the HTC toast... I guess he the Red's version of Callisto?

- Why does Esme wear black and the rest of Cuckoos wear white?
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    The book is Co-Stars Kitty (primary) and Emma (secondary) - Storm really wasn't that far off either. Hickman clearly has other plans for Emma as well and that's becoming more apparent.

- Did anyone notice Pyro was with the HTC toast... I guess he the Red's version of Callisto?

bc she's the HBIC

Kitty had some big panel time and is the leader too. I thought it woud be a duo Kitty/Emma(for the 12 issues it was), but after Kitty dead and ressurrection she seems a bit without a plot to follow up

This talks more about Scott being a big baby snow flake and not being man enough. But writers really turned this against Jean, that she held him back.
    Jean isn't a pressure cooker, that is Emma
    Yea, it kinda does, about Scott, I mean. But that had always been there. That is why Storm told him to his face waaaaaaaay back to grew the **** up. I always thought the Morrison plot came from these panels here. He is a terrific leader but terrible at mature relationships. Look at the whole Maddie mess.

ScottStorm.jpg

And no, Emma is kinda cold. Jean is the one who seems calm but needs to lash out every now and then.

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post

Well, it's either in the trial of Magneto or Inferno, my money is on the latter.

Yea, it kinda does, about Scott, I mean. But that had always been there. That is why Storm told him to his face waaaaaaaay back to grew the **** up. I always thought the Morrison plot came from these panels here. He is a terrific leader but terrible at mature relationships. Look at the whole Maddie mess.

ScottStorm.jpg

And no, Emma is kinda cold. Jean is the one who seems calm but needs to lash out every now and then.
    Emma isn't cold at all. Jean matured, she will only lash out in extreme situation and it doesn't look to be the case anymore.

I don't think Morrison read any x-men comics. even becuse if Scott wasn't mature on relationships Morrison made him even more immature

Emma isn't cold at all. Jean matured, she will only lash out in extreme situation and it doesn't look to be the case anymore.

I don't think Morrison read any x-men comics. even becuse if Scott wasn't mature on relationships Morrison made him even more immature
    The point was that even if Scott was better with Emma, that does not mean ill towards Jean. It is just that Scott is that way. Deeply flawed. Or was. He is a boy scout now, again. Maybe that is why they are back together.