Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    like his hulk will definitely read. find it funny that ewing and cates just traded books really
    Used to happen frequently in the 80s. Not something you see much of now though.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Venom readers better pay their fuckin' debt to society for getting Ewing. Start buying GoTG and SWORD for the full scope of the king's space epic.
    This. Ishtar have the opposite effect on me: I've started reading guardians, and already I feel that there are too many characters to keep up with. If they're going to tie it into a larger cosmic event, and I'm already not interested in the whole symbiotic god " stuff, I may drop guardians because it'll be too hard to follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Venom readers better pay their fuckin' debt to society for getting Ewing. Start buying GoTG and SWORD for the full scope of the king's space epic.
    This might have the opposite effect on me: I've started reading guardians, and already I feel that there are too many characters to keep up with. If they're going to tie it into a larger cosmic event, and I'm already not interested in the whole symbiotic god " stuff, I may drop guardians because it'll be too hard to follow.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    This might have the opposite effect on me: I've started reading guardians, and already I feel that there are too many characters to keep up with. If they're going to tie it into a larger cosmic event, and I'm already not interested in the whole symbiotic god " stuff, I may drop guardians because it'll be too hard to follow.
    Gotg current run isn't my jam.Sword has been great though.The recent stuff with doom in gotg is good as well.
    I agree about venom being a space god being uninteresting.The lethal protector vibe was great.
    Also they will have to give him arbiratory limitations to make conflict since he is like the strongest being in existence.

Astonishing Member

Al Ewing and Ram V are both living it up, so whatever they cook up, odds are it'll be pretty awesome.

iMan 42s

I'm sad we're losing Hulk but essentially swapping to Venom is at least pretty good. Ewing will do a Hell of a good job so I'm all in for this.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Mighty Member

I'm enjoying both Ewing's Guardians and S.W.O.R.D, so I'll be into get this.

Funnily enough, if Guardians continues after Last Annihilation, then this would mean we've have a writer on both Venom and Guardians at the same time twice.

Fantastic Member

That's pretty cool, we will get both cosmic symbiote space force through Ewing, then chain-wielding street level stuff with Ram V, giving one another their own unique personalities and styles.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    That and the fact that Zdarsky is doing an FCBD and since there are only 4 characters available.Avengers one is by Aaron(I think) and Venom got Ewing.Only ones left are Hulk and ASM.I don't think Zdarsky is going to do Hulk.Zdarsky on ASM is something I look forward to a lot.Donny Cates said he had a major announcement coming so i think he may be on Hulk.Atleast I hope so.Switching the ASM and hulk would make no sense.
    8 mins ago donny tweeted with the Hulk.
    Safe to say ASM is Zdarsky
    Y'know, considering that in some ways, Spencer's ASM is a sequel to Zdarsky's Spectacular, I can only wonder how he's gonna continue that.

Assuming he is getting ASM, 'cause who knows, maybe Slott's getting ASM again

Quote Originally Posted by JTHM View Post
    I'm going nuts. I can't believe this is real. I was always skeptic about Ewing on Venom because I didn't think it was possible - and now I'm a fucking clown.
    A happy clown at least lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    like his hulk will definitely read. find it funny that ewing and cates just traded books really
    Yeah, can only wonder if Ewing's gonna use Knull... Maybe not though lol.

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    I genuinely thought Cates would be THE run to always look at in terms of Venom. And that everything surrounding it was just okay.

With Ewing on...I think Cates’ run might just end up being overshadowed.

Ewing actually write a better Knull than Cates IMO, so I’m excited to see where this goes.
    When did Ewing write Knull? I've only seen Ewing being involved with Knull stuff in the Absolute Carnage tie-in, and Knull wasn't there.

That sounds cool, I always liked the idea of different writers writing different characters, can give the characters voices that sound different from each other, and that's definitely helpful if we're getting two Venoms.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    When did Ewing write Knull? I've only seen Ewing being involved with Knull stuff in the Absolute Carnage tie-in, and Knull wasn't there.
    It was in S.W.O.R.D. issue 2 to 4

Fantastic Member

also the GOTG issue where Star-Lord returns to the 616, Probably the only issue I felt Knull as a terrifying force by the way Ewing wrote him as this telepathic entity coming through the symbiote dragon.

Al Ewing and Ram V are top notch writers for sure, but Bryan Hitch on art will be a hard pill to swallow...

Mighty Member

I’m hoping we don’t get a New Mutants scenario where the two arcs clash with one another, saying that, Ewing and Ram are top talent for the book. Reading Swamp Thing has got me excited for what Ram brings to the table.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel Wars View Post
    It was in S.W.O.R.D. issue 2 to 4
    Thanks man.