Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Cosmic Ewing Thanos throwing a green-skinned character off a cliff to get the Venom symbiote.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

This sounds good. I can’t wait for the Thor/Hulk showdown from Cates.

BANNED

This is gonna be pretty awful, back to the status quo... After everything Ewing did to build up Bruce and many different Hulks, Cates immediately goes back to the story we've seen a million times of Bruce trying to control the Hulk.

Also Ottley art fits on someone like Spider-Man it doesn't fit with Hulk really. If it wasn't for the big names this book would get canceled in less than 2 years but now it's gonna drag for like 5 probably...

I thought it was likely they'd go back-to-basics with Hulk following Ewing's run, so I'm not too surprised. I wonder if Hulk will be back to Savage level of intelligence or be closer to Devil Hulk.

Ottley on art will be killer .

Hulk one of my favs and I am willing to Cates a try but Ottley after Bennet is a big pass. For me his style is way too cartoonish after the epic horror themed art.

Never been a better time to stop reading Hulk.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymousmc View Post
    Hulk one of my favs and I am willing to Cates a try but Ottley after Bennet is a big pass. For me his style is way too cartoonish after the epic horror themed art.
    New direction, makes sense for a new artist. If Ottley fits the stories Cates is telling, I think he'll be a good fit.

Ottley is a lot better than Bennet

I love these preview pages.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    This is gonna be pretty awful, back to the status quo... After everything Ewing did to build up Bruce and many different Hulks, Cates immediately goes back to the story we've seen a million times of Bruce trying to control the Hulk.

Also Ottley art fits on someone like Spider-Man it doesn't fit with Hulk really. If it wasn't for the big names this book would get canceled in less than 2 years but now it's gonna drag for like 5 probably...
    You can't expect a writer to come in and do what the previous writer did. That's just imitation and it'd just end up being a poor man's version of Ewing. Cates may still acknowledge, or even carryy on, some of the developments of Ewing's run. But he has to do his own take and shifting away from Ewing might be the only way to prevent comparisons. Besides, Cates is a decent horror writer. So I wouldn't entirerule it out.

Ottley isn't the artist I'd have gone with. But his cartoonish style is suitable for big, bombastic characters and action (same with Ed McGuinness).

I'll follow Hulk as I have done for decades. There has only ever been one run that I have entirely loathed in the last 10 years and that was Aaron.

I'll withhold judgment till there is something to judge but none of this is giving me a good feeling.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

I think the angular style of Ottley will look amazing with all of the large behemoths that Hulk will fight and it's a good juxtaposition with Bennett whose characters are very "gooey" and "squishy" looking (which fits the The Thing style horror)

Going to miss Ewing. I’ll try it before I say anything.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I’ll give it at least one arc, if it’s not my cup of tea, I’ll save some money.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Meh, I'll trade wait this one. Been looking to trim my pull list anyway... *shrug*

On the flipside, I've never bought a Venom solo book but Ewing & Ram V are enough to get me to try it (even if the art won't be thrilling).
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES