Default Would you be interested in a continuation of the 90's Animated Series?

Would you be interested if the Adventures Continue series was adapted into a new cartoon series? I honestly would as I think it'd hold a lot of promise I can also see such a new series being on HBO Max. I don't know how much of the original cast remains but it'd be cool if in such a project some could reprise their roles. Maybe the series could rap up with the beginning scene of Batman Beyond. I can also see characters like Zasz making an appearance to. Like stretch the whole Red Hood and Deathstroke plot for a season while having stand alone episodes featuring characters not used in the original series like Black Mask and Zasz. What I do like about Red Hood in this series is how Joker goes after him because he's a threat rather than a way to mess with Batman. I like how as Robin, Jason crosses a line and it gets him in trouble with Joker reacting in a very realistic way by going after him.

I also love the idea of Hush appearing later in the series.
    Last edited by Castiel; 06-02-2021 at 01:19 PM.

I haven't exactly been sold on the comic, so I'm not sure if I would care more for it in animated form, but I guess it would depend on the execution.

Incredible Member

yeah the quality of the comic is pretty average. Creators returning to their work many years after their heyday don't tend to work out well. Lucas with Star Wars for example.

No more cartoon. Let's not tarnish the legacy.

Eh, it's been 20 years, we're getting a new cartoon, there's the DTV line, let's just move onto new versions.

Mighty Member

The only animated Batmen I'd be interested in revisiting are the more modern ones (The Batman, Brave and the Bold, ESPECIALLY Beware the Batman) and even then, mostly as DTV movies or something. The 90s series definitely has had its time to shine.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

I wouldnt mind it but we got a pretty good wrap up to it with Batman Beyond. We've seen Bruce when it was just him, him & Robin, him/Robin/Batgirl, with the JL, retiring. The DCAU Batman had a very GREAT run.

No. I think it's a classic and set the high bar for DC animation, but it's a time piece of it's era, and needs to remain there.

Revivals and remakes are rarely better than the original.