Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
I had zero *interest* in most of them, so the writer gets credit for getting me to enjoy Nanny, in particular, but the story he's telling with Empath has reset him back to a characterization as bad or worse than he was at his worst *and* provided an 'excuse' (his powers preventing him from developing normal human emotional reactions as he grew, which is a straight up retcon, since he became a mutant at puberty, like most mutants, long after those skills would have developed) for said jerkitude. He went from one of the rare ex-villains who had *put in the work* and would maybe even have earned a shot at the redemption / amnesty Krakoa was offering, to one of the un-redeemed (and quite possibly irredeemable) jerks like Sinister or Sabertooth or Mystique, who straight-up didn't deserve it.

He's a nothing of a character, that's true, but dragging him backwards after his own journey forward would be like deciding I want to use Emma, and the first thing I do is have her run around killing people's pets and possessing their bodies, as she did with Firestar and Storm back in the day, while simultaneously giving her an out and saying, 'Oh, she can't help it. Her powers made her this way! She just needs some help.' Which, like I said, is *two* mistakes in one, erasing growth, and then giving an excuse for bad behavior.
At least he hasn't sexually assaulted anyone...