Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    I'm curious is Segovia taking artistic liberty or has Aurora ever been rendered with elf ears? That was strange to me, never seen her having a look like that.Hepzibah sure, but Aurora?
    She and Northstar were designed by John Byrne with elvish ears and features (so-much-so that they were briefly retconned to be actual elves instead of mutants. Thankfully that didn't stick). Most artists forget the elf ears for some reason. I was glad Segovia remembered - Aurora looked lovely.

If only we got to see Nanny out of the egg when she barffed. Lol.

If any writer deserves another X-book its Zeb Wells. Pay him all the money. IDC.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    I'm curious is Segovia taking artistic liberty or has Aurora ever been rendered with elf ears? That was strange to me, never seen her having a look like that.Hepzibah sure, but Aurora?
    Lots of artists downplay them or cover them with hair, but here are her ears from X-Men #121 (I couldn't find any ears in her first appearance the previous issue).

X121.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Nullviahomo View Post
    My recollection from way back when (I'd mostly dropped Alpha Flight by then) was that Jean-Paul was displaying signs of illness and everyone just assumed that, since Byrne had made it super obvious he was gay, Marvel were getting ready to do a hard-hitting story about him having contracted a certain syndrome, but panicked (for any of a number of obvious reasons) and ordered a complete re-write that ended up being "Nah, it's just that he's partly a fairy and they get sick on this plane of existence".

Whatever the truth of it, it was a ridiculous storyline based around the twins having funky pointy ears.
    Jean paul with sida.

Great issue. Nanny amazing.

Astonishing Member

The last page is Sinister from Amenth just getting back to Krakoa, Guessh it'sh going down ..for real

Beautiful issue. Top Tier comic. Amazing and fun dialogues, beautiful and dynamic art with various angles. Loved it!

Extraordinary Member

It's weird seeing Sinister afraid of a broken glass after all the crap he's survived, but more than worth it for the hilarity.

The only joke that didn't land for me was the guy who said he didn't recognize Dani without her powers. First off, who is he? Secondly, what's the joke? Is it a reference to the decade she was depowered? Her powers don't usually have a visual signal when they're used like Karma's.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    It's weird seeing Sinister afraid of a broken glass after all the crap he's survived, but more than worth it for the hilarity.

The only joke that didn't land for me was the guy who said he didn't recognize Dani without her powers. First off, who is he? Secondly, what's the joke? Is it a reference to the decade she was depowered? Her powers don't usually have a visual signal when they're used like Karma's.
    I think it's not the glass he's afraid of , being the narcissist he is, he can't handle when people don't genuflect around him, that's his real fear/worry. Wouldn't surprise me if Exodus pointed out Nanny coz he knew that she wanted to whoop Sinister's ass and was just being 'gracious' for the lols

What a great comic

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post

I think that is not a joke! I think that he is Zeb Wells himself getting to know one of his favourite characters and putting his foot on his mouth. The drawing looks like him, and Dani shone under him. So a self-deprecating joke, if you want.

Incredible Member

Fun issue. As most of us have agreed to, Nanny stole the show.
    It's been a while since a comic has made me genuinely laugh out loud

"Judgment Day, Motherf*****" - best line/scene of the week.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Leirus View Post
    I think that is not a joke! I think that he is Zeb Wells himself getting to know one of his favourite characters and putting his foot on his mouth. The drawing looks like him, and Dani shone under him. So a self-deprecating joke, if you want.
    Ah, that explains it. I was wondering what that Dani scene was all about.

Great to see there is so much love for this comic. Unfortunately, I totally lost interest in it. The last several issue felt like it is going nowhere. Hence, I decided to stop collecting it. I want to like it more than I do. It feels too much like a filler series to me that has no real purpose.