Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    This may be a little off topic or maybe dovetailing into a similar one but I presume with X-Men being renumbered issue #1 in July ,why this choice? First of all is this true indeed that the numbers go back to 1 so soon? .. Why not just go X-Men 22 or 22.1 or whatever it will be in July, like they used to do before..I mean it's still the same continuity, why again go back to a new number system after just 20 something issues?
    Because money. No idea why people buy #1s more, but they do. New Mutants was effectively rebooted mid-run and that didn't get a sales boost - maybe they should have renumbered it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Is Hellions ending?!? I'll actually riot.
    I don't think it's anything official but it wasn't too far off from X-Factor in some of the unofficial sales rankings...

In Jan 2021
    https://www.comichron.com/monthlycom...1/2021-01.html
    Hellions #8 at 59
    X-Factor #6 at 60

Though at least in April 2021 it has Excalibur before it as a buffer.
    https://www.comichron.com/monthlycom...1/2021-03.html
    Hellions #10 at 67
    Excalibur #19 at 75
    X-Factor #9 at 85

Just estimates but it's the best we have at the moment since Marvel never really gives us concrete numbers.

Do you know what is the best of this comic? It is like the mutant version of a bunch of nerds deciding to go to the prom.

Alex is even the nerd who doesn't want to be part of the nerds.

Quote Originally Posted by Pumpkin King View Post
    Nanny going for Sinister made this entire issue, but that Roulette and Catseye cameo was also fantastic. Beat his ass, ladies. Overall, it's just such a fun read, and Wells is honestly doing interesting things with the characters. Love the development of Kwannon and Greycrow, and Greycrow's camaraderie with Kyle. Even Empath helping Peter feel drunk seemed like a semi-nice gesture on his part, and not just Manuel being his cruel self. Kwannon claiming the Hellions as her plus one. I'm hoping that Alex's Maddie Quest means that we'll eventually see her come back into the book. Especially since there's another Inferno event coming down the pipe.
    Agreed with all. There is so much potential when you have access to so many characters that haven't been used in present history. Wells has done an incredible job with the ones we know (Sinister, Kwannon) and has revitalized oldies like Nanny, Peter and Greycrow. I'm really hoping for more Roulette and Catseye cameos.
    Last edited by JB; 06-03-2021 at 12:37 PM.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Love this issue

Love these characters (Yes to Psycrow)

Love this creative team

Love this book.

This is hands down my favorite X-Title running right now and the one that really pulled be back into the X-Titles.

Quote Originally Posted by ermac View Post
    Zeb Wells is amazing!

Which title explored the "don't ressurect clones" issue the best? Hellions.

Which title deals with the difficulties of integrating villains in Krakoa? Hellions.

Which title best showed the Quiet Council working? Hellions (and Sword too).

Which title is exploring the rivalry Krakoan vs Arakkoans? Hellions.

C'mon, the guy deserves a raise lol
    Which title dealt better with the Kwannon/Betsy dilema? Hellions.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Agreed with all. There is so much potential when you have access to so many characters that haven't been used in present history. Wells has done an incredible job with the ones we know (Sinister, Kwannon) and has revitalized oldies like Nanny and Peter. I'm really hoping for more Roulette and Catseye cameos.
    I’d love to see Kyle and Sharon become a couple!
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy! View Post
    I really want to know what David (Prodigy) did to get a Hellions referral.
    They just resurrected Legion, didn't they? Maybe it's him.

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ermac View Post
    Zeb Wells is amazing!

Which title explored the "don't ressurect clones" issue the best? Hellions.

Which title deals with the difficulties of integrating villains in Krakoa? Hellions.

Which title best showed the Quiet Council working? Hellions (and Sword too).

Which title is exploring the rivalry Krakoan vs Arakkoans? Hellions.

C'mon, the guy deserves a raise lol
    Unfortunately, it appears that some readers care less about these valuable plot points than the sexual orientation of the characters.
    My flag is bacon.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Midnight View Post
    Unfortunately, it appears that some readers care less about these valuable plot points than the sexual orientation of the characters.
    I’m confused, I’ve only seen people praising the issue.

They better not cancel Hellions.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Do you know what is the best of this comic? It is like the mutant version of a bunch of nerds deciding to go to the prom.

Alex is even the nerd who doesn't want to be part of the nerds.
    I rather compare it to the situation from Animal House. With Sinister as the mean dean.

I’m confused, I’ve only seen people praising the issue.
    Keep in mind what you see on the internet might not really reflect actual buying readers. Though Hellions doesn't seem like it would repell all that many of the "old guard", except perhaps lacking in A-listers and Wolverine.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Keep in mind what you see on the internet might not really reflect actual buying readers. Though Hellions doesn't seem like it would repell all that many of the "old guard", except perhaps lacking in A-listers and Wolverine.
    I was responding to the comment made that people care more about the sexual orientation of the characters than the great plot. I’m just confused as to how sexual orientation even came up in the discussion.

Astonishing Member

I was responding to the comment made that people care more about the sexual orientation of the characters than the great plot. I’m just confused as to how sexual orientation even came up in the discussion.
    Ah i see. Yeah i don't understand how this relates to Hellions either. The sales patterns often seem to indicate a large indifference to the orientation of characters among the established majority of buyers, with a trend of sales seemingly decreasing more when these things are pushed too much or given too much focus over art, story and action. But Hellions does not seem to lack in the later and doesn't have a lot to do with the former, so i can't see a connection either.

Incredible Member

How did the first Hellions trade sell? That should be an important indicator, too.