Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Fun issue indeed. There's a writer making the best out of a mandatory crossover issue. The Hellions basicly go Delta Tau Chi on the whole gala, with some nice mix of the characters having progressed a bit or reminders about their pasts.

Nanny really was a highlight. Greycrow playing wingman to Wildchild was weirdly heartwarming. It's also interesting to see how Wildchild's "dream/nightmare" from the Arcade story plays out at the gala here, when Daken got into the mix.

Overall one gets the impression the team sans Havok are getting a lot more comfortable around each other, which would definetly be a good thing when the rematch with Tarn and his crew come.
    Accounting for all of the things that have nothing to do with it that The Hellions will have to take out on them when they square off?

I almost feel sorry for Tarn/Locus Vile.

Extraordinary Member

And dammit...they pulled Kyle and Daken apart...that is a fight I have been wanting to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    I'm curious is Segovia taking artistic liberty or has Aurora ever been rendered with elf ears? That was strange to me, never seen her having a look like that.Hepzibah sure, but Aurora?
    No, they are meant to be like that. At some point Aurora and Northstar were even meant to be, I kid you not, half fairy. I think that got retconned afterwards.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Accounting for all of the things that have nothing to do with it that The Hellions will have to take out on them when they square off?

I almost feel sorry for Tarn/Locus Vile.
    Nah Tarn is probably going to completely gene sculpt the Sinister he eviscerated and let him loose on the Hellions, I doubt Tarn actually let's himself sully his hands.Will be an epic reunion though

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Leirus View Post
    No, they are meant to be like that. At some point Aurora and Northstar were even meant to be, I kid you not, half fairy. I think that got retconned afterwards.
    Interesting , never knew of that plotline/story ,thanks for enlightening me

Interesting , never knew of that plotline/story ,thanks for enlightening me
    It is from the deep recesses of the Alpha Flight books. I only know about it because when I am really bored I read the character profiles in uncanny-xmen.net.

Quote Originally Posted by Leirus View Post
    Thank goodness. That whole plotline was a bad time. But yeah, Byrne gave them pointy ears because, hey, they're mutants, why not? And then Mantlo decided that meant they were half-elves while he was looking for excuses to kill off Northstar.

Spectacular Member

My recollection from way back when (I'd mostly dropped Alpha Flight by then) was that Jean-Paul was displaying signs of illness and everyone just assumed that, since Byrne had made it super obvious he was gay, Marvel were getting ready to do a hard-hitting story about him having contracted a certain syndrome, but panicked (for any of a number of obvious reasons) and ordered a complete re-write that ended up being "Nah, it's just that he's partly a fairy and they get sick on this plane of existence".

Whatever the truth of it, it was a ridiculous storyline based around the twins having funky pointy ears.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    And dammit...they pulled Kyle and Daken apart...that is a fight I have been wanting to see.
    The son of Wolverine versus the onetime sidekick of Sabretooth. Over a girl.

That’s interesting

Astonishing Member

Loved Exodus' magnanimity and poise with Essex

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Loved Exodus' magnanimity and poise with Essex
    Does anybody else catch a vibe between these two, or is that just me being me?

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    I was just grateful they did not start to have sex just then and there.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    I see mutual disdain, but Exodus doesn't want to stoop to Sinister's buffoonery

Nanny is the best, she knows Sinister is bad news and then she got drunk!!

The Queen of Krakoa!

Y’all already covered how amazing Nanny was, but the Cuckoos also had me SCREAMING! The commentary was on point and some of the best use of data pages.