Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    Image doesn't own those rights, Kirkman does. Image is a publisher, on the model of traditional book publishers. They don't own the IP of the books they publish, the creators do.

-M
    Well, yes Kirkman owns the IP, even though he's a current Image partner with Larsen, McFarlane, Silvestri and Valentino.

I think I got it mostly right. Someone will set me straight I'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by LordMikel View Post
    1) Terribly written article.

I wish they gave the price point for the comic.

I did my own Google research. It looks like this is a $10 larger size format comic with 22 volumes, volume 23 looks to be coming out later this year. So I'm thinking that 82 million is encompasses the entire run.

This is still impressive numbers and the writers should write the news and write how impressive sales are.
    Yeah, the article doesn't make it clear what numbers it's talking about.

Is it international sales for all volumes of Demon Slayer in 2020? Those numbers are fantastic, bit you could have the impression that a single volume sold that much, or that those are US sales.

Technically the numbers are even higher because the article is based on sales data from November.

https://twitter.com/WSJ_manga/status...29568308310019

It seems that Demon Slayer really took off last year, so that in addition to insane sales for new volumes (4,393,137 for Volume 18, 4,243,312 for Volume 19) a lot of new fans were buying older volumes (3,703,309 sales for Volume 1, 3,645,580 sales for Volume 8 and so on.)

It's a bit misleading to talk about the individual industries, as this seems to be a monster hit (the 22 volumes outsold every new volume of One Piece.) It does show the impact of one really successful series.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Chuck dixon talks marvel and dc vs manga and manga vs american comics.

He is not kind.

https://boundingintocomics.com/2021/...erican-comics/

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Chuck dixon talks marvel and dc vs manga and manga vs american comics.

He is not kind.

https://boundingintocomics.com/2021/...erican-comics/
    I can see young people getting into manga but I can't see any appeal for older readers.

In the article Chuck Dixon is touting some manga comic about golf as an example to emulate. I really don't see much interest in a comic about golf here Would you buy it?

If the main characters and story was good yes i would. I have the prince of tennis manga and don't care about tennis but like the characters.

Heck i have a go game based manga and enjoy it due to the main cast!

Same as golf movies. Good script and i like it even though i don't care about golf.

There is a manga about bike riding but it's got a fun cast to go with the bike riding!