Thread: Goodbye DCBS

All-New Member

Default Goodbye DCBS

Letter I've sent to DCBS:

DCBS Staff / Cameron,

Two days ago I put in a large order on your website, over six hundred dollars, last month I put in another larger order for over 800 dollars. Nearly every month for the past 6-7 months I've put in orders that are hundreds of dollars. I love comics, and I love to read, and I have disposable income that allows me to afford my hobby at this level.
    I'm disgusted at what's happened with the Marvel price adjustment today and the cancellations and price adjustment notices that I've received. I suspect that you've intentionally canceled numerous pre-orders that I've made saying that these books have been canceled by the publisher only to then turn around and put the book back on your website at an inflated price.
    I realize that Marvel is changing distributors and that they're not offering you the same discounts as before, so naturally you pass that along to the consumer. What is completely UNACCEPTABLE is that I've already paid for these books, I have an actual receipt from YOU saying so with an order number. And now you want more money from me for books that I've already paid for?
    This is frustrating on a number of levels but has been elevated to new heights on account of continued mismanagement that could've been avoided. You had to have known that Marvel was going to do this, it wasn't a secret. So to be proactive set a date to your customers and tell them that AFTER this date you're prices are going up because of "X". You don't spring this on them after they've already paid and then resolicit the book on your site. These are down right shady business practices that give you a bad name.
    Next you absolutely need to honor any purchase that I've already made at the price I've already paid for it. Asking customers to foot the bill for something you weren't proactive about isn't our problem. It's yours. Just like that. I also want to say that moving forward. I will most likely be taking my business elsewhere. I know that I'm but one customer, and that a few hundred dollars a month may not hurt your bottom line, but think about all of the bad will you've created with this crisis that you've manufactured. Then ask yourself, if you think I'm the only customer out there that's going to continue to stay with you because of this, and quite a few other fiasco's that you've had lately? Missing books from orders, cancelations on pre-orders, not shipping books that have been out for months, not answering emails or communicating with your customers, the list really does go on and on.
    I want to close by saying that even though I will most likely spend more money to get fewer books, I know that I'll ultimately be better served, some of these smaller competitors of yours are working extremely hard and WILL be able to catch up with you in a few months. You've lost my business, there's no going back now, the least thing you can do is show me that you have a shred of HONOR, and HONOR the books that I've already bought at the price that I've already paid.

Your services are no longer required, best of luck to you in your future endeavors,

Me

Astonishing Member

I don't have a problem with them offering a lesser discount. Sure it sucks but, like you stated, it's due to Marvel's distribution change. I don't think anyone else can offer a discount like DCBS offers.

All-New Member

I don't care about the price increase, that happens, what I care is that I already paid for something at a certain price and now they're asking me for more money. That's on them, I have a receipt, and things are paid for! Don't you DARE tell me that I now owe more money on something that we've already agreed on, and has been bought and paid for! That's lawsuit time!

Mighty Member

Why post here? Don't they have an email where you can reach out to them about the discrepancy?

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    Why post here? Don't they have an email where you can reach out to them about the discrepancy?
    I think it's called "sharing".

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

I had wondered what DCBS was there til I started reading there.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.