Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Is there anyway to save Karima?
    Well just make a new one, seems like Krakoa's forte now

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Is there anyway to save Karima?
    Finding another author? She was freed by Claremont during Excalibur #3.

But having her free will doesn’t mean she’s necessarily on the Krakoan side…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    So your saying beast screwed up in removing the seminal parts ?
    Perish the thought!
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Odds are that if Karima had her own mind she’d be of the same thought as Mother Mold (ie screw you both)

It’s been established what Krakoa does to anti-mutant AI who evolve to the point of questioning it, so she’d be a fool to put her head on chopping block

Quote Originally Posted by Brian B View Post
    Just like Omega Sentinel, Warlock may turn out to be a wolf in sheep’s clothing. He was never really a mutant. He’s an alien. He’s an artificial intelligence and maybe part of a communal machine consciousness. In the future, his kind wants to assimilate the Sentinel-led, post-human society. Although between a choice of humorless mutant friends like Apocalypse and the startlingly fun Nimrod the Lesser, I’m not sure the Phalanx and their Titan masters with the promise of a universal consciousness are so bad.
    Someone has A Droid crush! lol
    But I don't think Warlock can be classified as having AI...he wasn't programmed he's an emotional organic being just 'techno' lol And his folks the Technarky or something like that don't have a hive mind and are different than the phalanx
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Someone has A Droid crush! lol
    But I don't think Warlock can be classified as having AI...he wasn't programmed he's an emotional organic being just 'techno' lol And his folks the Technarky or something like that don't have a hive mind and are different than the phalanx
    Technically, the Technarchy created the Phalanx, albeit accidentally, though as of the Powers of X series, the Technarchy might themselves have been the creation, or at least an offshoot, of the Titan-level Phalanx seen there.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Technically, the Technarchy created the Phalanx, albeit accidentally, though as of the Powers of X series, the Technarchy might themselves have been the creation, or at least an offshoot, of the Titan-level Phalanx seen there.
    Wait seriously? tbh I glossed over that part machines/technology booores me
    Just give me the Mutants lol
    GrindrStone(D)

Astonishing Member

Wait seriously? tbh I glossed over that part machines/technology booores me
    Just give me the Mutants lol
    You might want to go back and refresh up on it a bit considering it's gonna be a big part of Hickman's finale lol

But yeah the Phalanx created the Technarch but the Technarch are unaware that they were created by the Phalanx. And the Phalanx in turn were created by b the godlike AI the DOMINION who live inside black holes.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    You might want to go back and refresh up on it a bit considering it's gonna be a big part of Hickman's finale lol

But yeah the Phalanx created the Technarch but the Technarch are unaware that they were created by the Phalanx. And the Phalanx in turn were created by b the godlike AI the DOMINION who live inside black holes.

Doing that now lol
    And while the unexpected call back to the Technarky is cool I think j prefer the phalanx OG origin...of them Just being a byproduct if the human hate machine that went into overdrive and is out of control AF lol
    GrindrStone(D)

BANNED

Yeah, I'm having a hard time believing that the Phalanx created the Technarchy considering how insainly powerful Magus was.
    Last edited by Micabe; 06-06-2021 at 12:01 PM.

Astonishing Member

On the topic of dubious robots or AI , can Hickman bring back the Unit? I have to say that is one of the most enigmatic villains in the Xbooks for me.Guy's agenda is way too mysterious and fits right into the whole hierarchy of worldmind, strongholds and dominions. I really hope his character and history is explored further.

Doing that now lol
    And while the unexpected call back to the Technarky is cool I think j prefer the phalanx OG origin...of them Just being a byproduct if the human hate machine that went into overdrive and is out of control AF lol
    I liked that, too, at least in terms of the idea of hatred being all-consuming in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Yeah, I'm having a hard time believing that the Phalanx created the Technarchy considering how insainly powerful Magus was.
    Not the Phalanx we knew, but older, vaster, and more powerful technological entities that were, apparently, the original Phalanx, with the Technarchy-created Phalanx being watered-down versions.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I liked that, too, at least in terms of the idea of hatred being all-consuming in the end.

Not the Phalanx we knew, but older, vaster, and more powerful technological entities that were, apparently, the original Phalanx, with the Technarchy-created Phalanx being watered-down versions.
    Okay I'll bite... Which older, vaster, and more powerful technological entities do you refer to and in which title and issue(s) can I find said original Phalanx?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Okay I'll bite... Which older, vaster, and more powerful technological entities do you refer to and in which title and issue(s) can I find said original Phalanx?
    Powers of X. During the Ascension timeline.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    On the topic of dubious robots or AI , can Hickman bring back the Unit? I have to say that is one of the most enigmatic villains in the Xbooks for me.Guy's agenda is way too mysterious and fits right into the whole hierarchy of worldmind, strongholds and dominions. I really hope his character and history is explored further.
    I'd actually be only moderately surprised if Unit turned out to be the one pulling the strings of current Moira or something.