Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Superman will ring out all 151 rangers before they know they are in a fight. They can't hide under the ring, because 1) that's a ring-out
    What? NO! Lawler did it for like half the Rumble that one year.

Besides, they don't have to beat Superman into submission, his feet just have to hit the floor. So if he "forgot" to use his super-speed again (and most of the Supermen were pretty bad about that), he wouldn't have such an overwhelming advantage.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Cripes, big - how do you not know this? O_o Even *I* know about this.

2006. Well, you weren't around HERE at that time. Maybe not so much of an internet presence then? Understandable.
    I find it relatively impressive that I was never exposed to something on that level. In what passes for my defense, that was only a year and change after I'd moved to France, I was recently-ish married, had just purchased an apartment - there are some reasons that might have stopped me from seeing this.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

I find it relatively impressive that I was never exposed to something on that level. In what passes for my defense, that was only a year and change after I'd moved to France, I was recently-ish married, had just purchased an apartment - there are some reasons that might have stopped me from seeing this.
    Makes perfect sense.

Next you'll tell me 'All your base are belong to us' has no meaning for you.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

2006. Well, you weren't around HERE at that time. Maybe not so much of an internet presence then? Understandable.
    I was equally oblivious to this song’s existence.

Makes perfect sense.

Next you'll tell me 'All your base are belong to us' has no meaning for you.
    I wasn't living under a rock or anything. And I was working in IT.
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Oof. Kids these days don't know about the true meme origins.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    I was equally oblivious to this song’s existence.
    I wasn't living under a rock or anything. And I was working in IT.
    Facepalm.jpg

*limit dance*
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Oof. Kids these days don't know about the true meme origins.

Heh. Neither Big nor I are exactly what you’d call ‘kids’.

Quote Originally Posted by jackalope89 View Post
    oof. Kids these days don't know about the true meme origins.
    Slackers.jpg

Slackers!
    Why are we here?

Heh. Neither Big nor I are exactly what you’d call ‘kids’.

EX-actly. I mean, we'd be kids to, I dunno, Asgardians. But since they are fictional characters, yeah nah.

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    What? NO! Lawler did it for like half the Rumble that one year.

Besides, they don't have to beat Superman into submission, his feet just have to hit the floor. So if he "forgot" to use his super-speed again (and most of the Supermen were pretty bad about that), he wouldn't have such an overwhelming advantage.
    Right and Stone Cold and McMahon left for a majority of a match, fought in an ambulance, and then came back.
    I only need 1 to survive a Superman onslaught and stay hidden until Superman leaves thinking he won.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Pity the poor announcers who have to keep up with all those power rangers and keep track of them all and tell everybody who's been eliminated and who hasn't.

Given how many different Power Rangers Tommy was, I'm betting he pulls a Foley and just keeps coming back over and over in different incarnations.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Quote Originally Posted by LordMikel View Post
    Right and Stone Cold and McMahon left for a majority of a match, fought in an ambulance, and then came back.
    I only need 1 to survive a Superman onslaught and stay hidden until Superman leaves thinking he won.
    Not if he's smart enough to just leave by not going over the top rope, or just by not touching the ground, which he doesn't have to do at all, since, you know, Superman.

He can also just sit in the middle of the ring and wait for anyone to come to him. When they do, he just punches them with class 100 force, instantly KO'ing them and knocking them out of the ring where they land in a heap.

Also, and this is probably the most important, they all enter the ring after Superman. So 151 of them or whatever arrive in the ring with a guy capable of one-shotting all of them before any of them have the slightest neuron fire, because none of them have speed remotely approaching theirs. Why would he let any of them even come up with a plan involving hiding or leaving the ring or anything else? He wouldn't, he'd just insta-yeet them before they realized there was anything to worry about. Hell, before they'd even gotten into their signature pose. The ring would also be empty, because again, he's fast enough to ring out 100% of the people above him in mush less than a second.

The ring would also be empty, because again, he's fast enough to ring out 100% of the people above him in mush less than a second.
    Why would he beat them in mush?

Is that some kind of super-fetish?

Why would he beat them in mush?

Is that some kind of super-fetish?
    Given who he is, any fetish WOULD be a super-fetish, right? So... yes?