Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Who is that kissing Duke? Is that his mom?
    Did his parents ever recover from what they were subjected to during the Joker's shenanigans in "Endgame"?

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Did his parents ever recover from what they were subjected to during the Joker's shenanigans in "Endgame"?
    last we seen them they were still thoroughly jokerized. Elaime (his mom) had a very brief moment of sanity at the end of The Cursed Wheel storyline in All-Star Batman but other than that no progress.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Nothing says "feats" like being to hold your own against Cass. And in her best costume .

Yeah, what was that about? It kind of implied King had plans for Duke but then he just kind of vanishes from the run, but by then it was basically the "Bruce and Selina" series.
    That was when he's planning to do a Bruce Wayne death. Don't know when that's gonna happen, if it's meant to be the ending of his Bat Cat story, since Bruce dies there, but assuming it was, when they pull the plug on Bat Cat marriage and relegate the relationship to an alternate canon book, Bruce doesn't die, and so Duke doesn't end up with Claire either.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    last we seen them they were still thoroughly jokerized. Elaime (his mom) had a very brief moment of sanity at the end of The Cursed Wheel storyline in All-Star Batman but other than that no progress.
    This is kinda ridiculous. Especially since he's not required to stay in the Manor or be Batman's main partner anymore. They should be cured and have them be the supporting cast in this book, Urban Legends, Outsiders or the like.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 06-05-2021 at 05:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    . . . This is kinda ridiculous. Especially since he's not required to stay in the Manor or be Batman's main partner anymore. They should be cured and have them be the supporting cast in this book, Urban Legends, Outsiders or the like.
    I don't think Duke was ever "required to stay in the manor or be Batman's main partner".

As for having Duke's parents being cured by now, it might be nice if they were, but does anybody know how to do that yet? Is there an in-story antidote that has ever been mentioned, and what percent of those treated with it have successfully recovered?

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I don't think Duke was ever "required to stay in the manor or be Batman's main partner".

As for having Duke's parents being cured by now, it might be nice if they were, but does anybody know how to do that yet? Is there an in-story antidote that has ever been mentioned, and what percent of those treated with it have successfully recovered?
    well one of Duke's rogues, Daryl Gutierrez (Mr. Bloom), claimed he could use his biokinetic powers to cure them. I imagine a Lazarus pit could heal them, tho it could have some unforeseen consequences. i'm down for them to be cured but personally I'm not super invested in Doug being cured, Elaine is where the story is at. there are a lot of questions she needs to answer like: who actually is she? where is she from? how involved was she with the Immortal Men and the secret war between metas? what's the deal with Gnomon?
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Thinking on Cass and Duke, we haven't seen Cass and Tim interact in a while.

She was? Huh.
    She wasn't based on King's daughter just named after her

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    That was when he's planning to do a Bruce Wayne death. Don't know when that's gonna happen, if it's meant to be the ending of his Bat Cat story, since Bruce dies there, but assuming it was, when they pull the plug on Bat Cat marriage and relegate the relationship to an alternate canon book, Bruce doesn't die, and so Duke doesn't end up with Claire either.

The plan for Bruce to die was scrapped before '#50

If anything, I'd just use the one-shot to cure his parents. It's an easy status quo shift. Curing his parents doesn't mean they won't have PTSD from being Jokerized. That gives them subplot potential.