Page 17 of 32 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    I agree with you about Moira and the Phalanx(hope I spelled that right), but for me Xavier playing the long con like that is a stretch. I know Xavier is manipulative and secretive and setting Mystique up to fail is the most likely case, though intentionally having a galactic expansion already planned out doesn’t seem like his kind of hubris.
    I don`t know how he would be able to plan galactic expansion. But it doesn`t seems like impossible to me in comics. Also when he has Forge on his side and other scientists.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    I like your theory. My question would be how does Marvel write those stories moving forward? Obviously people will tune in for the X-Men and Wolverine book no matter what planet they’re on, but the satellite titles I think would be hard to move if based outside earth. I’d buy them because I like your idea but I don’t speak for the masses….yet.
    Someone at this forum after HOX #2 joked that next Moira`s reset would be MCU comics version. It is possible. Marvel makes Star Wars comics that are canon for movies and sell great as comics. I won`t be shocked to see Marvel 52 relaunch after that in continuity with MCU. But I doubt that it will happen and wouldn`t like it.
    Hickman killed Marvel Universe and created a new one after Avengers run. Probably something big that would bring everything to the start will happen with X-Men too.
    Just some thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Super excited for this. Kinda conflicting being a Mystique and Krakoa fan though. Hoping things turn out okay for both.

Not super into Lorna being against Krakoa tbh. I don't think Polaris would be against a Mutant nation. Jean questioning things would make sense though.
    Priorities may change. I doubt that Polaris and hopefully most X-Men would stay with mutants if Krakoa nation would like to destroy all humanity for some reason.
    But after Crucible I am not so sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    I don`t know how he would be able to plan galactic expansion. But it doesn`t seems like impossible to me in comics. Also when he has Forge on his side and other scientists.

Someone at this forum after HOX #2 joked that next Moira`s reset would be MCU comics version. It is possible. Marvel makes Star Wars comics that are canon for movies and sell great as comics. I won`t be shocked to see Marvel 52 relaunch after that in continuity with MCU. But I doubt that it will happen and wouldn`t like it.
    Hickman killed Marvel Universe and created a new one after Avengers run. Probably something big that would bring everything to the start will happen with X-Men too.
    Just some thoughts.
    I enjoyed the Nu52, but I really would be crazy disappointed if Marvel did something like that based on the MCU. Sure Hickman “destroyed” 616 but let’s be honest he really didn’t, it was completely temporary. I enjoyed his Secret Wars” but it all got put back in the box as he likes to say.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Priorities may change. I doubt that Polaris and hopefully most X-Men would stay with mutants if Krakoa nation would like to destroy all humanity for some reason.
    But after Crucible I am not so sure.
    Right now Lorna sadly would probably do whatever Magneto told her to do with no reservations...

Astonishing Member

I personally believe the story of Krakoa is here to stay but in some ways it will evolve to both be the nation we have right now and also revert to what was pre Krakoa reality.My presumption is after the infighting is done,and Xavier's machinations with Moira and Eric are revealed there will be split in mutantdom and so there will be two Krakoas. The one on earth probably led by Scott in the style of Utopia, but perhaps without the resurrections, and as per PSX ,the Omegas are about to create a habitable outpost on Mars.I think the outpost on Mars will be where mutants who want to live with the protocols , but maybe instead of the 5 , Exodus will unite the 'exiles' and use his own powers to bring back the dead(very much in the mould of White Sword with a select number of his warriors) So Arrako is a primer of the split society on earth and in Amenth if you will. That is my thinking, unless life 11 wipes the slate clean , we can in fact have two Krakoas to reflect both the nostalgic and status quo realities imo.Moreover just like in life nine there were mutants on Asteroid M and Chandillar also reflecting a dispersal of mutants to better fight galactic threats.Right now all mutants on one island a few square miles wide makes it an easy target, with Mars definitely the survival chances are greater but anyway we can see this mirrored in other stories too.
    Last edited by Rev9; 06-07-2021 at 09:26 PM.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

I don't think Krakoa will end, that would be a shame as I feel they are still building this new era.

However, I do think this might cause some kind of Schism. Perhaps some will side with Mystique and go to Arakko, or back to the main land.

Also think Pyro might side with Mystique, causing another cast member of Marauders keaving te team. And other member Blob and Toad as well.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    I don't think Krakoa will end, that would be a shame as I feel they are still building this new era.

However, I do think this might cause some kind of Schism. Perhaps some will side with Mystique and go to Arakko, or back to the main land.

Also think Pyro might side with Mystique, causing another cast member of Marauders keaving te team. And other member Blob and Toad as well.
    What exactly would they be siding with Mystique over? Mystique saying that Xavier and Magneto didn't resurrect her wife is not sufficient enough for people to side with her over anything and certainly not enough for them to leave the safety and security of Krakoa. There are probably tens of thousands or even a few millions of mutants yet to be resurrected, Mystique crying about Destiny not being back will get no sympathy from anyone, if anything they would wonder why she thinks she's entitled to have her loved one back and others have to wait until whenever. And furthermore she has no evidence/infomation or knows nothing of significance to blackmail or threaten Xavier with. I still believe Xavier and Magneto have done nothing wrong, they created the nation of Krakoa and gave mutants immortality. And even if all of Karkoa was to learn the truth of Moira's past what could they do about it? Xavier, Magneto and Moira have been planning for decades to avoid mutantkind's extinction, if. Cyclops and company find out now and turn against them, then what? Can they exile or banish them from Krakoa, I highly doubt it. Do they feel betrayed and lied to and leave in discuss, some may but the majority would not. I think the rank and file mutants honestly wouldn't care, they are happy and content to have a homeland and be away from people who want to kill them. And also everything Xavier, Magneto and Moira have done has been with the express intent of saving mutantkind, none of their actions have been selfish or self serving, they invited mutants to Krakoa including their enemies, they created a ruling council and delegated power and authority and they bought back mutants long dead. Anyone who would start a schism over Xavier and Magneto's actions are just being selfish, petty and are more concerned with the fact that they weren't in the loop about Moira. What would their possible argument against Xavier be? He didn't tell them about plans that were made decades in the past; a weak argument. Mystique being upset over Destiny just doesn't seem to be that big a deal, yeah she finds out about Moira and blabs to everyone so what. Xavier and Magneto just tells everyone who's upset and wants to leave not to let the gate hit them in the ass on the way out.

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    What exactly would they be siding with Mystique over? Mystique saying that Xavier and Magneto didn't resurrect her wife is not sufficient enough for people to side with her over anything and certainly not enough for them to leave the safety and security of Krakoa. There are probably tens of thousands or even a few millions of mutants yet to be resurrected, Mystique crying about Destiny not being back will get no sympathy from anyone, if anything they would wonder why she thinks she's entitled to have her loved one back and others have to wait until whenever. And furthermore she has no evidence/infomation or knows nothing of significance to blackmail or threaten Xavier with. I still believe Xavier and Magneto have done nothing wrong, they created the nation of Krakoa and gave mutants immortality. And even if all of Karkoa was to learn the truth of Moira's past what could they do about it? Xavier, Magneto and Moira have been planning for decades to avoid mutantkind's extinction, if. Cyclops and company find out now and turn against them, then what? Can they exile or banish them from Krakoa, I highly doubt it. Do they feel betrayed and lied to and leave in discuss, some may but the majority would not. I think the rank and file mutants honestly wouldn't care, they are happy and content to have a homeland and be away from people who want to kill them. And also everything Xavier, Magneto and Moira have done has been with the express intent of saving mutantkind, none of their actions have been selfish or self serving, they invited mutants to Krakoa including their enemies, they created a ruling council and delegated power and authority and they bought back mutants long dead. Anyone who would start a schism over Xavier and Magneto's actions are just being selfish, petty and are more concerned with the fact that they weren't in the loop about Moira. What would their possible argument against Xavier be? He didn't tell them about plans that were made decades in the past; a weak argument. Mystique being upset over Destiny just doesn't seem to be that big a deal, yeah she finds out about Moira and blabs to everyone so what. Xavier and Magneto just tells everyone who's upset and wants to leave not to let the gate hit them in the ass on the way out.
    That’s like saying “I can do anything I want as long as your content”. Krakoa is supposed to be for all mutants but they are not reviving pre-cogs and keeping mutants with precognition off the island. Charles is hiding a woman who basically messed up his own son. The son who was also born as a necessity to their plan so that’s a huge moral dilemma if you want people to see you as people and not tools to be used. Finding out you would string people along just to achieve your agenda and deny them what they are owed would cause everyone to be on high alert all the time questioning if they are being used which leads to mistrust and people willing to walk away from your ideals which you don’t truly live by. People will walk away and I think a large, maybe less than half, of the population would rather risk the human world where they know they are being lied and manipulated by those they expect than by the ones that smile to their face and gave them a false since of security.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    That’s like saying “I can do anything I want as long as your content”. Krakoa is supposed to be for all mutants but they are not reviving pre-cogs and keeping mutants with precognition off the island. Charles is hiding a woman who basically messed up his own son. The son who was also born as a necessity to their plan so that’s a huge moral dilemma if you want people to see you as people and not tools to be used. Finding out you would string people along just to achieve your agenda and deny them what they are owed would cause everyone to be on high alert all the time questioning if they are being used which leads to mistrust and people willing to walk away from your ideals which you don’t truly live by. People will walk away and I think a large, maybe less than half, of the population would rather risk the human world where they know they are being lied and manipulated by those they expect than by the ones that smile to their face and gave them a false since of security.
    No mutant is owed resurrection nor can they demand for someone to be revived, it's s a privilege not a right. Xavier created the process for the benefit of mutants but he was not obligated to, it can be seen as a gift to his people. And although it shouldn't be so, it seems that some are using their status and taking advantage of the gift to resurrect specific individuals over others. As far as Xavier and Magneto's machinations; the end goal of said "manipulations" if you want to call it that is the preservation of mutantkind from extinction. Their so called agenda is to the ultimate benefit of all mutants, they are not stringing anyone along. Krakoa is real, resurrections are real, mutant ascendency and expansion is real. Will half the population of Krakoa leave to go back to persecution and discrimination because they weren't told about Moira, they would give up security and immortality over "lies". What if Xavier and Magneto did nothing about Moira's information, where would mutants be now? No Krakoa, no resurrections, no chance of averting their possible dire future. A false sense of security in Krakoa is far better than no security out in the world. What good would knowing mutants are always destined to lose and be exterminated do too the mutants on Krakoa? Instead of enjoying life on their paradise homeland they would obsessed with their looming demise. Mutants are currently living their best lives, nothing is fake about what is happening there. It's simply that while mutants are flexing their power in the background Xavier, Magneto and Moira are working to insure mutantkind has a future. They could always say f**k it, the future is set, mutants always lose and do nothing. Let mutants continue on in blissful ignorance until the hammer drops, maybe that would be better.

Astonishing Member

No mutant is owed resurrection nor can they demand for someone to be revived, it's s a privilege not a right. Xavier created the process for the benefit of mutants but he was not obligated to, it can be seen as a gift to his people. And although it shouldn't be so, it seems that some are using their status and taking advantage of the gift to resurrect specific individuals over others. As far as Xavier and Magneto's machinations; the end goal of said "manipulations" if you want to call it that is the preservation of mutantkind from extinction. Their so called agenda is to the ultimate benefit of all mutants, they are not stringing anyone along. Krakoa is real, resurrections are real, mutant ascendency and expansion is real. Will half the population of Krakoa leave to go back to persecution and discrimination because they weren't told about Moira, they would give up security and immortality over "lies". What if Xavier and Magneto did nothing about Moira's information, where would mutants be now? No Krakoa, no resurrections, no chance of averting their possible dire future. A false sense of security in Krakoa is far better than no security out in the world. What good would knowing mutants are always destined to lose and be exterminated do too the mutants on Krakoa? Instead of enjoying life on their paradise homeland they would obsessed with their looming demise. Mutants are currently living their best lives, nothing is fake about what is happening there. It's simply that while mutants are flexing their power in the background Xavier, Magneto and Moira are working to insure mutantkind has a future. They could always say f**k it, the future is set, mutants always lose and do nothing. Let mutants continue on in blissful ignorance until the hammer drops, maybe that would be better.
    Actually every mutant is owed Ressurection. Otherwise they would have just killed Sabretooth and not resurrect him for his crimes instead of literally putting him in a prison where he's 100% conscious and aware all the time.

That's why the no precog rule is a big deal Krakoa is for ALL mutants (and that includes Ressurection) not "all mutants except pre cogs".

Secondly Mutantkind isn't some Hive Mind it's a society like any other made up of individuals with their own individual belief system and there are certain mutants certain powerful and influential mutants on Krakoa that would absolutely have a problem with the fact that Magneto Moira and Xavier have been manipulating mutant kind for decades regardless of the "end result".

That's kinda the whole problem with the trio. All three suffer from god complexes and believe they alone can save mutantkind.

Mighty Member

X-Men Monday #108 revealed that Inferno's lead villain is a different redhead and not Maddie.

That means it must be Mystique revenge for not bringing back her wife.

Mystique is a redhead, isn't she?

Last edited by ericng; 06-09-2021 at 12:33 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Actually every mutant is owed Ressurection. Otherwise they would have just killed Sabretooth and not resurrect him for his crimes instead of literally putting him in a prison where he's 100% conscious and aware all the time.

That's why the no precog rule is a big deal Krakoa is for ALL mutants (and that includes Ressurection) not "all mutants except pre cogs".

Secondly Mutantkind isn't some Hive Mind it's a society like any other made up of individuals with their own individual belief system and there are certain mutants certain powerful and influential mutants on Krakoa that would absolutely have a problem with the fact that Magneto Moira and Xavier have been manipulating mutant kind for decades regardless of the "end result".

That's kinda the whole problem with the trio. All three suffer from god complexes and believe they alone can save mutantkind.
    I'd have to agree with tall man on the bit that no mutant is owed a resurrection. Maybe the need to right the wrong of a mutant who lost their powers on M-day and died because at that moment external environment became unfavourable or a mutant became human and died as a normal human or was killed by all sorts of enemies, but one cannot seriously conclude that no mutant through the ages has not lived out their life and died peacefully, Moira of life 1 is just one example and she came back involuntarily precisely because of her mutation. If the logic dictated all mutants died before their time, then there would be no mutants by sheer odds through the ages( unless mutation is both spontaneous and hereditary) I accept that resurrections are part of the menu because the story dictates it and we are X-Men fans but no mutant is OWED a resurrection, the conundrum of 'fairness' or lack thereof created by the very resurrection of some mutants but not others is a different matter and should not be conflated with some sudden notion that all mutants who died should come back.Holding that claim has no basis, Xavier and the 5 are merely choosing to do it for whatever reason all precluded on their ability to do it at all but not following some natural law. The ethics of this isn't touched as much as it should be imo.Most just wake up and go on like not much happened, but it would be for example disingenuous to presume every mutant who turned normal wanted their power back or didn't want to live out the rest of their lives as a human.
    Last edited by Rev9; 06-09-2021 at 02:27 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    I'd have to agree with tall man on the bit that no mutant is owed a resurrection. Maybe the need to right the wrong of a mutant who lost their powers on M-day and died because at that moment external environment became unfavourable or a mutant became human and died as a normal human or was killed by all sorts of enemies, but one cannot seriously conclude that no mutant through the ages has not lived out their life and died peacefully, Moira of life 1 is just one example and she came back involuntarily precisely because of her mutation. If the logic dictated all mutants died before their time, then there would be no mutants by sheer odds through the ages( unless mutation is both spontaneous and hereditary) I accept that resurrections are part of the menu because the story dictates it and we are X-Men fans but no mutant is OWED a resurrection, the conundrum of 'fairness' or lack thereof created by the very resurrection of some mutants but not others is a different matter and should not be conflated with some sudden notion that all mutants who died should come back.Holding that claim has no basis, Xavier and the 5 are merely choosing to do it for whatever reason all precluded on their ability to do it at all but not following some natural law. The ethics of this isn't touched as much as it should be imo.Most just wake up and go on like not much happened, but it would be for example disingenuous to presume every mutant who turned normal wanted their power back or didn't want to live out the rest of their lives as a human.
    Well said, no mutant is owed resurrection; it's a process that was developed/created by Xavier not some natural universal process. Essentially it's a bonus to go along with Krakoa, a cherry on top if you will. So for someone to stand up and demand that this person or that person be resurrected is the height of entitlement. Precogs are not some special class of mutants that need to be revived, no one needs to be revived, its a gift/privilege/bonus and some are already abusing it.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    X-Men Monday #108 revealed that Inferno's lead villain is a different redhead and not Maddie.

That means it must be Mystique revenge for not bringing back her wife.

Mystique is a redhead, isn't she?

The description for inferno described the plot being mystique wanting to burn down krokoa because she's selfish, so yeah..

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

The reason they would most likely side with Mystique is because they all have a strong connection to Destiny. Others have connection to others, like Legion and some New X-Men youngsters with Blindfold. So if Mystique wants to get some people to side with her, I can easily name quite some who would do so.

Also, I think a lot of mutants would not be happy to have been lied to regarding Moira. So sure, some will strongly object.

BTW, Mystique was promised, so she is not a whiner (as that is how I felt you described her), she is just demanding what is promised.
    Last edited by Master of Sound; 06-09-2021 at 05:17 AM.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"