Page 12 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    INFERNO is one of the central storyline's of Jean Grey and she is only chilling on the floor. lol Hickman really does not like her that much...
    This isn't a repeat of THAT inferno, thankfully. We have enough Jean stories focused on fighting someone's evil exes.

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    Yeah this definitely looks like its either Hickman who is taking off from the x-books or at least wrapping up Moira's plot by this book. Duggan has already started writing the main title. With all those uncomplete plots and setup stories for other writers in his run, I feel bad to see that he isn't doing anything more than Moira's plot.
    I'm not sure about that. Hickman is actually telling all the stories he has teased in House of X or the early X-Men issues. We already got Apocalypse's family arc as the main plot for many issues and a crossover event. We got Mystique's revenge plot unfolding. We got Synch's and X23's storyline with the children of the vault. We got the return of the Nimrod Sentinel, etc. etc. Next we clearly will see the return of Moira's masterplan. He tells us what he teased in the beginning. But.very.sloooowwwlllyyyy and episodic...

The problem is that there are too many teased plots and not enough page count in a monthly storyline. Hickman has to write at least 2 monthly issues. it would have been a lot more fun for all of us if we do not have to read the Excalibur's and Marauder's of this era (quite pointless and a little boring storylines), but actually get to read HICKMAN written comics!!!
    Last edited by Exodus; 06-05-2021 at 01:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dinosaur Hulk View Post
    If Xavier isn't ready for Mystique attack, I am gonna call it a very lazy writing. Even if Hickman is one of my favourite writers of all time.
    They have Destiny's diaries...isn't that where the "there will be an island" message is written?

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I agree that Mystique isn't a victim and certainly isn't a good person. But why should Destiny stay dead because of that? Of course we as an audience know why, but to Mystique they're just being cruel. Remember that part of this status quo is a fresh start for all mutants. Shoot, they forgave enough of Mystique's crimes to make her a member of the very exclusive mutant government so realistically it shouldn't be a huge ask to revive her dead spouse.
    Thing is, putting asside the secret "no precogs" thing, on the face of it, why should Destiny be placed ahead of say Poltergeist from the Beauty and the Beast mini series or any of the other millions of dead mutants in the back log to get resurrected? Her elderly age really would be an argument for the back of the queue as opposed to younger people who never had a chance to live before dying. Her connections? From a political stand point, her being in the same queue as others, despite Mystique and Rogue's postiions is pretty important message, that ressurection isn't only for the elite.

--------

There was reference to the original Inferno poster upthread, but what I was strongly reminded by, ESPECIALLY by the way Wolverine is posed, is the original Fall of the Mutants promo.
    When I looked it up, it wasn't as close as my memery had, but Wolverine's arm upraised like it is is similar... could just be a way to showcase the claws because it's Wolverine.. could be Brooks just doing a little tribute to Alan Davis because who wouldn't do that...or maybe something more..

Screen Shot 2021-06-05 at 2.16.32 AM.jpg
    Last edited by Scavenger; 06-05-2021 at 01:19 AM.
    Static Pulse: That's why I like you. You're like four degrees away from being a William Gibson protagonist.
    Old board post count: 2,089

Fantastic Member

It's all kicking off then finally.

Fantastic Member

SMH at Jean being dead more proof of the Marvel agenda against her.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    I'm not sure about that. Hickman is actually telling all the stories he has teased in House of X or the early X-Men issues. We already got Apocalypse's family arc as the main plot for many issues and a crossover event. We got Mystique's revenge plot unfolding. We got Synch's and X23's storyline with the children of the vault. We got the return of the Nimrod Sentinel, etc. etc. Next we clearly will see the return of Moira's masterplan. He tells us what he teased in the beginning. But.very.sloooowwwlllyyyy and episodic...

The problem is that there are too many teased plots and not enough page count in a monthly storyline. Hickman has to write at least 2 monthly issues. it would have been a lot more fun for all of us if we do not have to read the Excalibur's and Marauder's of this era (quite pointless and a little boring storylines), but actually get to read HICKMAN written comics!!!
    Apocalypse's arc was setup issue for Tini Howard to write Apocalypse. F$%% I hate how his origin headcannoned Apocalypse's motivation permanently.
    CoV wasn't finished yet and the x-characters of that story was a setup for Duggans' run. Mutant Religion issue was a setup for Spurrier. Then there is Vulcan, Global Economics(can be a setup for Trial of Mags) which aren't finished.
    I am not sure Hickman has completed anything aside from how he is wrapping up Moira's plot from HoX/PoX that is definitely hinting Hickman last run with the X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    Apocalypse's arc was setup issue for Tini Howard to write Apocalypse. F$%% I hate how his origin headcannoned Apocalypse's motivation permanently.
    CoV wasn't finished yet and the x-characters of that story was a setup for Duggans' run. Mutant Religion issue was a setup for Spurrier. Then there is Vulcan, Global Economics(can be a setup for Trial of Mags) which aren't finished.
    I am not sure Hickman has completed anything aside from how he is wrapping up Moira's plot from HoX/PoX that is definitely hinting Hickman last run with the X-Men.
    I'm hoping since Orchis is involved that means we'll see Sentinel City, and somehow that brings the return of Broo and his merry band of Brood. Our mutants are going to need help with that City.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Scavenger View Post
    Thing is, putting asside the secret "no precogs" thing, on the face of it, why should Destiny be placed ahead of say Poltergeist from the Beauty and the Beast mini series or any of the other millions of dead mutants in the back log to get resurrected? Her elderly age really would be an argument for the back of the queue as opposed to younger people who never had a chance to live before dying. Her connections? From a political stand point, her being in the same queue as others, despite Mystique and Rogue's postiions is pretty important message, that ressurection isn't only for the elite.
    But we know that status totally has a role. Apocalypse got resurrected IMMEDIATELY even though he basically forced Rogue to kill him. We also know that useful mutants (like Synch) got preference and friends of useful mutants (Sway, Petra, and Skin) also got to jump the queue. I’m sure that Emma’s status helped Jumbo Carnation and the Hellions get resurrected sooner rather than later.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    People want more of hox/pox, Hickman was just doing filler all this time
    This is an awful take.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    But we know that status totally has a role. Apocalypse got resurrected IMMEDIATELY even though he basically forced Rogue to kill him. We also know that useful mutants (like Synch) got preference and friends of useful mutants (Sway, Petra, and Skin) also got to jump the queue. I’m sure that Emma’s status helped Jumbo Carnation and the Hellions get resurrected sooner rather than later.
    Everyone that dies after joining Krakoa gets resurrected immediately.

Can't help but I'm feeling that Arakko, X of Swords, hordeculture and Shiar/Vulcan were all fillers.

But happy to see the plot is gonna move on. Bring it on!

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    LMAO at the underlined. Not the first time, and won't be the last. Feels like things have been in neutral for the longest. If we're finally gonna start seeing some crap hit the fan, I am ready for that.
    Why do people not understand the difference between a story and a status quo? What happened to patience? Hickman (& others) have told different stories within the new status quo. Some move things forward towards Inferno, some don't, but this is the next big story. But that doesn't take away from the other things you read, they're supposed to be fun!

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    Why do people not understand the difference between a story and a status quo? What happened to patience? Hickman (& others) have told different stories within the new status quo. Some move things forward towards Inferno, some don't, but this is the next big story. But that doesn't take away from the other things you read, they're supposed to be fun!
    I think 2 years of unanswered questions is enough to make many restless.

Especially those who have not been pulled into the era by anything
    & are still waiting on something's to get them invested.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ermac View Post
    Can't help but I'm feeling that Arakko, X of Swords, hordeculture and Shiar/Vulcan were all fillers.

But happy to see the plot is gonna move on. Bring it on!
    I'd actually say arakko and vulcan are definitely teases at something big, since those seem too big of plotlines to just be filler. I imagine Hickman will come back to those storylines after Inferno.

All-New Member

A few things no one has mentioned:

- Bishop missing his “M” tattoo
    - Shaw standing (no more wheelchair?)
    - Doug has a techno arm even though Warlock is standing behind him.