Page 28 of 32 FirstFirst ... 18242526272829303132 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    All of her motivation comes from what Destiny told her. We also do not know what else Destiny told her.
    Yeah when you put it like that Mystique is following a pre-ordained path she has perhaps been told this was the only way by Irene herself.I mean I have no problem either way maybe Irene told her that only when Krakoa is down ,Irene will be resurrected as a result of the fallout, who knows? I just thought if the story allowed for Mystique to know the ultimate prophecy ,but through her own actions to test if Irene was right would enrich the story for example if she brought her back and then you have Xavier send Selene to kill Irene as a favour(with Selene having an axe to grind by being hoodwinked by Irene in Necrosha), I'd be like fine now Mystique's gotta do what she's gotta do
    Last edited by Rev9; 09-03-2021 at 10:42 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Beautiful. I'm honestly on the edge of my seat as I can't even guess what will happen.
    I think thats Cassara.

EDIT: Ok its not Cassara. Its Opena but I swear their style resemble a lot at times.
    Last edited by Vishop; 09-03-2021 at 10:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    The question just dawned on me but where are they? The round opening at the top reminds me of The Oracle where Raven went to cheers with Irene's presence/ghost/thingy.
    I don’t think that’s the Oracle. The Oracle is Mystique’s underground house, but if you look at the map of Krakoa, it’s in the centre of Krakoa, not near the beach like this art shows. It also had stairs and the circular land in the middle, not exposed to the elements like this is.
    I think this is a new area of Krakoa we haven’t seen yet. In his X-Men Monday interview, Valerio Schiti teased that “Readers will find some new cool places and new corners of Krakoa, …”.
    An interesting thing about this is that nearly all the current Quiet Council members are here except for Mystique, the Black King and Cypher. It’s obvious why Mystique might be preoccupied, but I wonder what happened to Shaw and Cypher.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    The art is sublime, and this particular cover has me thinking, if Mystique knows where Irene's remains are, why can't she use magic or some other way to bring her back, why rely on only Xavier and Magneto? I know people may say stuff can go sideways like it did for SW, but she can try reach out to Mikhail or find an Arraki with that ability.Plot contrivance aside for a desperate woman she has a one track mind.For me it would enrich the story if she first tried another way to get Irene back (even if she failed) than just hang on Xavier's empty promises
    I hope this is what's revealed!

Arrako would've been a perfect place for her to seek allies to revive Destiny. Mystique isn't stupid and it wouldn't have been too hard to pick up on the fact Destiny wasn't being brought back.

In fact, I think a storyline with Arrako secretly bringing Destiny back would work. Ooh, what if Arrako already has brought Destiny back? What if that final covers means Mystique says goodbye to Destiny, either cause Destiny dies or she set up Mystique? I've never bought that this huge island with omega level mutants with huge egos, isn't trying to get dirt on Xavier and Magneto.

The art is sublime, and this particular cover has me thinking, if Mystique knows where Irene's remains are, why can't she use magic or some other way to bring her back, why rely on only Xavier and Magneto? I know people may say stuff can go sideways like it did for SW, but she can try reach out to Mikhail or find an Arraki with that ability.Plot contrivance aside for a desperate woman she has a one track mind.For me it would enrich the story if she first tried another way to get Irene back (even if she failed) than just hang on Xavier's empty promises
    Or Layla Miller.

Mark Brooks

I should note that every character appears here for a reason and everyone's actions and positions is on purpose. Nothing is haphazard and every character has a motivation or reaction.

Edit: I asked Mark if there is a reason why Gambit has his 90's costume.

He told: Not sure, that's the reference I got.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Mark Brooks

I should note that every character appears here for a reason and everyone's actions and positions is on purpose. Nothing is haphazard and every character has a motivation or reaction.

Edit: I asked Mark if there is a reason why Gambit has his 90's costume.

He told: Not sure, that's the reference I got.
    If every action and position is on purpose Exodus and Sinister being on extreme opposite ends to me suggests both are going to be outliers in the future , or put simply will be outside Krakoa for different reasons.I presume the fallout of Sinister making Chimeras will result in his eviction from the council.Which may in return jeopardise or put resurrection protocols on hold or off the table altogether.This may in turn incense Exodus who may realise Wanda has been brought back by either Magneto (against QC vote) or Krakoa but other mutants will now be robbed of this opportunity.Not too different from WSword on Arrako I can see Exodus in protest and disgust walk away and in due time tell others who want to keep having an opportunity at being resurrected , to follow him as he too has the power to resurrect the dead.I could be wrong, but everything I have laid out is very plausible.

If every action and position is on purpose Exodus and Sinister being on extreme opposite ends to me suggests both are going to be outliers in the future , or put simply will be outside Krakoa for different reasons.I presume the fallout of Sinister making Chimeras will result in his eviction from the council.Which may in return jeopardise or put resurrection protocols on hold or off the table altogether.This may in turn incense Exodus who may realise Wanda has been brought back by either Magneto (against QC vote) or Krakoa but other mutants will now be robbed of this opportunity.Not too different from WSword on Arrako I can see Exodus in protest and disgust walk away and in due time tell others who want to keep having an opportunity at being resurrected , to follow him as he too has the power to resurrect the dead.I could be wrong, but everything I have laid out is very plausible.
    Strange ia that it is a teaser for Hickman's last event and not for what comes next after it.
    But I sincerely doubt that Inferno mini will use any plots like Exodus vs Sinister, Kitty vs Shaw (for God's sake it is already almost 30 issues), or Cypher and his wife.

I think that Gambit on teaser in 90's costume teases Claremont's Gambit solo project that will be set in the past.

Astonishing Member

Strange ia that it is a teaser for Hickman's last event and not for what comes next after it.
    But I sincerely doubt that Inferno mini will use any plots like Exodus vs Sinister, Kitty vs Shaw (for God's sake it is already almost 30 issues), or Cypher and his wife.

I think that Gambit on teaser in 90's costume teases Claremont's Gambit solo project that will be set in the past.
    Yeah I doubt they've thought it through to link Inferno as a prologue to lots of other stories, but that would be unfortunate ,because to me the whole Moira-Xavier-Eric secrecy and duplicity has to have payoff and there is no payoff if things remain the same.The QC will be seriously undermined if they brush all events in Inferno(whatever they are) as inconsequential.I mean already Onslaught despite being defeated in Way of X on top of the discovery that precog resurrections are not allowed should be raising eyebrows. For Inferno to have any gravitas QC will have to be evolved, a schism of some like Exodus who doesn't do betrayal is inevitable.Though maybe Hickman gave rough contours of how he envisioned the repercussions so maybe Exodus walking away is actually baked into it, so let's wait and see

It looks like all the people on the ground are in their old costumes (or for Jean, her old and current one). Resurrection from old backups, like Scarlet Witch?

Quote Originally Posted by NicoPony View Post
    It looks like all the people on the ground are in their old costumes (or for Jean, her old and current one). Resurrection from old backups, like Scarlet Witch?
    Hmmm. Loganhas a new one. Jean and Havok are using their old now. But Gambit and Polaris have old uniform for some reason too.

Extraordinary Member

Are people still trying to glean information from this? Did anyone feel the Dawn of X one actually ended up worth all of the speculation?

It is fun. Why not? Artist spent a lot of time on this teaser.

Extraordinary Member

Fair enough, but I still feel it is worth keeping in mind just how much was able to be figured out from the first one.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Fair enough, but I still feel it is worth keeping in mind just how much was able to be figured out from the first one.
    Will see but I think that Inferno teaser will end up more correct detailed than HOX POX one.