Page 18 of 32 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I honestly don't know why some thought this Inferno had anything to do with Maddie's demon Inferno...other than the name. Maddie showed up for all of three issues in a title that's not heavily tied to the main story. It was obvious from X-Men 06 it would have something to do with Raven when Destiny instructed her to "Burn it down".
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 06-09-2021 at 06:15 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Fantastic Member

This isn't going to end well for Mystique. She's going to be joining Creed in the ground.

Incredible Member

how much does everyone think the status quo will be changed by inferno? i was thinking that duggans x men is only just starting up 2 months before this so it could get through 1 or maybe 2 arcs before infernos affects that book.
    just wondering because x of swords didn't really change anything other than betsy being gone in excalibur for a few issues. the other changes like the empty quiet council seats or arakko being on earth seemed mostly irrelevant to the books at large.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by carmoc1234 View Post
    how much does everyone think the status quo will be changed by inferno? i was thinking that duggans x men is only just starting up 2 months before this so it could get through 1 or maybe 2 arcs before infernos affects that book.
    just wondering because x of swords didn't really change anything other than betsy being gone in excalibur for a few issues. the other changes like the empty quiet council seats or arakko being on earth seemed mostly irrelevant to the books at large.
    My guess is nothing drastically changes. A few things are revealed, a few things are set in motion. Mystique dies and is resurrected without certain memories.

Fantastic Member

I don't think it will change the status quo much, but it will tie up some of the lose ends from HOX (The Destiny story) and more people will probably find out about Moria.

Don't see any huge status quo changes coming, Krakoa and all it entails should still be around afterwards.

The bigger question for me is if Hickman will headline a new ongoing when Inferno ends, or if they will leave Duggan's X-Men as the flagship with Hickman possibly writing the occasional one-shot or mini.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

I'm hoping not much changes with the structure/setup of Krakoa. There's no point in doing a schism when (a) we've been there, done that; and (b) they have Arakko lying around if they want Mutant vs. Mutant tension.

Maybe they'll take away the Moira reset via a power nullifier (she only gets an 11th life if she makes the right decision in the end - and she won't). It'd be better to have no precogs and no Moira with a message that the future is unwritten.

Quote Originally Posted by myownlittleusername View Post
    The bigger question for me is if Hickman will headline a new ongoing when Inferno ends, or if they will leave Duggan's X-Men as the flagship with Hickman possibly writing the occasional one-shot or mini.
    I'm wondering the same exact thing. Hopefully he has a new ongoing once this is complete.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

My question is, will Mystique get caught or will she survive to continually plot Krakoas downfall.
    It will be interesting if she is also responsible for Magnetos trial as well as being the main antagonist for Inferno.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Posting these here in case people want to discuss.

So I'm thinking Raven may have been busy collecting secrets throughout the island and exposing them is part of burning it all down. Destabilization from within. Turn the masses against the "leaders" and off we go.

Oooh is Bishop getting a role in this? That's great.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post

Posting these here in case people want to discuss.

1. This RB Silva art is gorgeous.
    2. The inclusion of Colossus, Psylocke and Bishop has me intrigued. I'd never think anything untoward about those three. What you got you got up your sleeve, Hickman?

So I'm thinking Raven may have been busy collecting secrets throughout the island and exposing them is part of burning it all down. Destabilization from within. Turn the masses against the "leaders" and off we go.

2. The inclusion of Colossus, Psylocke and Bishop has me intrigued. I'd never think anything untoward about those three. What you got you got up your sleeve, Hickman?
    Mutant and Proud!

Quote Originally Posted by GeneTitan View Post
    I'm guessing the can't be trusted line is meant for the Krakoan people, so is not that they are evil but rather that they are keeping things hidden. So thinking that way:

Kwannon is obvious to me: Her whole deal with Sinister and how she covers for him.
    Colossus: His brother and the upcoming arc he's getting in X-Force has something to do with it.
    Bishop: He's a little more harder to pinpoint, since we haven't had any focus on him yet.

Pulling this post from the Upcoming Art thread.

Quote Originally Posted by alanyoung909 View Post
    Colossus in X-Force – secretly working with XENO and/or Mikhail. Either blackmailed or under some kind of body control. He killed those XENO assassins in X-Force 3. Kayla is the Chronicler and his handler. She is also probably the Russian agent Beast was looking for.

Psylocke in Hellions – secretly working with Mr. Sinister under threat of blackmail. Complicit in the illegal creation of Chimeras.

Red Bishop in Marauders – secretly working with the Beast (see King in Black: Marauders). Complicit in something not revealed yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    I'm guessing the can't be trusted line is meant for the Krakoan people, so is not that they are evil but rather that they are keeping things hidden. So thinking that way:

Kwannon is obvious to me: Her whole deal with Sinister and how she covers for him.
    Colossus: His brother and the upcoming arc he's getting in X-Force has something to do with it.
    Bishop: He's a little more harder to pinpoint, since we haven't had any focus on him yet.
    Right on. It could sow great unease and dissension among the population and maybe even cause an uprising if these things were revealed.