Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132 LastLast

Well I can’t imagine they’re crowning him to be a captain, since he’s already one. Maybe captain commander, as you suggest. That would make sense. He replaces Cyclops in that role, and then Psylocke replaces him as the fourth war captain. That would make sense. Or perhaps he joins the QC, but I think him taking the role of captain commander makes more sense honestly.

I’d say it’s ludicrous that they’d give a War Captain role to a former hand assassin who no-one really knows anything about, isn’t an X-Man, and who Sinister has dirt on, but then I guess they let Gorgon be a war captain and he used to be a Nazi and serial killer.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    The art is sublime, and this particular cover has me thinking, if Mystique knows where Irene's remains are, why can't she use magic or some other way to bring her back, why rely on only Xavier and Magneto? I know people may say stuff can go sideways like it did for SW, but she can try reach out to Mikhail or find an Arraki with that ability. Plot contrivance aside for a desperate woman she has a one track mind. For me it would enrich the story if she first tried another way to get Irene back (even if she failed) than just hang on Xavier's empty promises
    I would laugh and laugh if Mystique already resurrected Destiny, like, months ago, and has been stringing Xavier and Magneto along with demands to 'bring back my wife!' Meanwhile, she's got a love-nest in Arizona at the Morlock compound, where Destiny is puttering about kicking Sunder's ass at miniature golf and moving pieces into place for a truly epic revenge.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I would laugh and laugh if Mystique already resurrected Destiny, like, months ago, and has been stringing Xavier and Magneto along with demands to 'bring back my wife!' Meanwhile, she's got a love-nest in Arizona at the Morlock compound, where Destiny is puttering about kicking Sunder's ass at miniature golf and moving pieces into place for a truly epic revenge.
    I always thought she should've gone to an Arrakki. They're overall more powerful after all, and she would've easily gotten them to her side. If something like this is revealed as a twist, I'd like it.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by baumblume View Post
    #XMen #XMenInferno
    Great image thank you
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Astonishing Member

That would be epic ,and hilarious

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Lol I would love it and honestly I think inferno looks like it will come to a showdown between Moira and Destiny.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrSurf View Post
    Jean, Wolverine, Gambit, Polaris and Havok are laid out.
    I wonder what those five have in common. They've been on separate teams (Jean - X-Men, Wolverine - X-Force, Gambit - Excalibur, Polaris - X-Factor, Havok - Hellions) for much of this run (although Jean and Wolverine have both been on X-Men, and now Jean and Lorna are both on the new lineup).

I wonder if those five just sort of happen to be the five who learn some secret that they aren't meant to blab about, and they've been shut down by Xavier? (He'd have his hands full shutting down Jean, tho...)

I think it’s safe to assume Logan being laid out represents the XLOW/XDOW story coming out.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

I’m really interested in what the XLOW/XDOW story is about. Does it follow his life in each of Moira’s lives? Is it just about his various lives in different timelines (not necessarily Moira’s ten lives)? Is it about his life in this timeline, and the various lives he’s lived in this one singular timeline leading up to Krakoa (and possibly beyond)?

Guess we’ll find out soon enough.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Bishop getting promoted for all the cool, untold stuff he did in Marauders would be hilarious. That being said, am I the only who simply thought Ororo would promote him as her Dictator Assistant and thus get him the hell away from the Marauders sequel?

If the Council is to continue post-Inferno, I really hope it'll get at least some democratic legitimation and oversight. If Krakoa is supposed to be for all mutants, the least they deserve is a voice in who rules them. This quasi-feudal nonsense they have going on right now isn't befitting a new state that intends to leave behind outdated human ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Starfish View Post
    If the Council is to continue post-Inferno, I really hope it'll get at least some democratic legitimation and oversight. If Krakoa is supposed to be for all mutants, the least they deserve is a voice in who rules them. This quasi-feudal nonsense they have going on right now isn't befitting a new state that intends to leave behind outdated human ideas.
    Instead they can embrace hip new human ideas such as populist leaders and fatally short-term thinking.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    I think it’s safe to assume Logan being laid out represents the XLOW/XDOW story coming out.
    You think so?

I thought XLOW/XDOW was a last minute change?

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    You think so?

I thought XLOW/XDOW was a last minute change?
    Nope, XLOW/XDOW is apparently a followup to both this *and* HoX/PoX, it was originally smaller but according to Percy, Hickman saw it and decided to help Percy and turn it into a true followup
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe