Page 14 of 32 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by myownlittleusername View Post
    I saw someone at twitter map this teaser to the three acts Hickman talked about around HoX/PoX.

https://twitter.com/permanentphase_/...67441568706564

Seems this might herald the start of Act Two.

Unless all that was just a bunch of publicity lies of course, which Hickman seems to have implied later on.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter_fury View Post
    finally i swear this era feels like watching a anime with all the filler content from other writers, hickman really needs to start writing to titles after this.
    If he can put oversized mini like this, I think it solves a bit of his decompression. I just hope next part won't get more 2 years and go through a lot of filler

Who Knows a lot of his plans changed. ike he said he would write 5 or 6 issues on each title

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Curious, but do you know if all of the mutants who died in the early X-Force issue where they got invaded all got resurrected immediately? Or during any of the other invasions? Again, I am curious if this is not just something we have just taken for granted as most of the stories where we see people get resurrected have been people on missions. There have been some deaths we have seen that did not seem to be mission related though, too. However, I do recall in that X-Force issue a point was made to resurrected Healer immediately which would not be the normal procedure.

Honestly, I don't think anyone at Marvel cares. They will just resurrect who they want for their story and if they bother to mention other people who are not getting resurrected it will only be for drama. No one is providing us with some actual Encyclopedia Krakoa or anything.
    There is a queue, people who dies on mission are fast tracked and the rest have to wait. Also if there isn't proof of dead, X-factor need to find proof.
    Last edited by Rang10; 06-05-2021 at 12:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I 100% understand if that's not your preference and if you'd prefer old plot threads be addressed before introducing new ones, but it's an exaggeration to say that everything up until now has been filler.
    I agree. I think having all the titles so connected to Krakoa has helped paint the big picture that is Krakoa. It's why imo the gala feels like a natural progression. It didn't feel forced to me because Krakoa's presence on the world(s) stage has been built with all the titles.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

https://www.gamesradar.com/jonathan-...is-x-men-saga/

It's when I see headlines mentioning a "shocking pay-off" that I'm worried this is the end of Hickman's run. I must say I've only seen it mentioned in this article from Newsarama/Gamesradar so it doesn't seem to be part of Marvel's official press release?

HiX-Men won't end till Phalanx arrival.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    HiX-Men won't end till Phalanx arrival.
    That seems likely.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I agree. I think having all the titles so connected to Krakoa has helped paint the big picture that is Krakoa. It's why imo the gala feels like a natural progression. It didn't feel forced to me because Krakoa's presence on the world(s) stage has been built with all the titles.
    Exactatiously.

All that "filler" has me quite filled with contentment with how things are proceeding.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by myownlittleusername View Post
    I saw someone at twitter map this teaser to the three acts Hickman talked about around HoX/PoX.

https://twitter.com/permanentphase_/...67441568706564

Seems this might herald the start of Act Two.

Unless all that was just a bunch of publicity lies of course, which Hickman seems to have implied later on.

Yep. HoX/DoX/RoX would def fit in the upbeat category. Inferno is kicking off Part 2 which is gonna introduce anther status quo change.

I'm actually quite excited seems like he still has a couple of more years before he wraps up his run.
    Last edited by loke13; 06-05-2021 at 05:24 PM.

Spectacular Member

Not sure how they are going to go back the status quo after Krakoa...it's so much less interesting.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheLimboBabies View Post
    Not sure how they are going to go back the status quo after Krakoa...it's so much less interesting.
    I don't think that's the plan tbh. Hickman was brought on to revitalize the brand and shake up the status quo in a similar way to what Claremont/Morrison did. I believe whenever Hickman's tenure ends the X-Men will be in a wildly different place from when they started while still keeping the essence of the X-Men intact.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Gotta say, I'm surprised no one's joked about Gambit being the fourth/fifth Summers sibling. I mean, Sinister Secret #7 has been out there for a while and we've got Summers, Greys, Honorary Summers and Gambit taking a nap on the teaser image of a mini-event called Inferno.

Extraordinary Member

I would not have noticed Polaris on the ground if she wasn't pointed out to me.

Mighty Member

I'm guessing that by sites saying Inferno is the payoff, it means that we're getting the response from the HOXPOX minis and we're getting answers to that.
    I've really enjoyed this era so far, it's not really felt like filler, rather Hickman's written it in a way we get seeds to future stories while also giving us small 1 or 2 issue arcs that are just X-Men having adventures while everyone else is building up their own story arcs.
    I don't get why everyone thinks that every issue should be connected. It's like over in Spider-man, everyone keeps asking what was the point of the 2099 stuff, and while that arc was bad, I feel like it's just because Spencer wanted to tell a story he thought was good.

Anyway, I feel like the Hellfire Gala is the closing of that first upbeat part. The trial of Magneto says to me that things are going to turn and that's where we're going to get a lot of the fun stories in.
    I'm expecting a few books to end, I don't see X-Corps lasting longer than 5 issues and New Mutants seems to get a sporadic release schedule which only says to me that the book will be getting the boot.
    Tini Howard seems to wrapping up her Excalibur story, I'd think she'll want to end it around issue 25 or issue 30.
    Way of X would probably reach issue 13 before they decide to end it.
    X-Force and SWORD are the two current titles I can making it to the end. X-Force because it acts almost as a companion piece to Hickman's book, SWORD because Ewing should just be allowed to finish his story.
    Wolverine will probably make it there just because of how popular he is.

Astonishing Member

Huh I just realized that The Trial of Magento is going to be occuring at the same time as Inferno. The Trial starts in August and runs until December and the same thing with Inferno except it starts in September.

What are the odds the 2 books crossover with each other?

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Huh I just realized that The Trial of Magento is going to be occuring at the same time as Inferno. The Trial starts in August and runs until December and the same thing with Inferno except it starts in September.

I reckon they will for sure
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post

I don't know, I'd find it hard to believe inferno wouldn't be self contained like HOX/POX. Hickman said in the press release this was a 160 page story, adding tie-ins would seem odd. And I still doubt Leah's trial will end up mattering all that much in the grand sheme of things.