Page 25 of 32 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    No, Sibling. I am absolutely not ready.
    Drinks at the Green Lagoon until we are ready.

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    I know these are likely from different scenes. But the idea of Moira and Nimrod glaring at each other from other sides of the street, while someone (Bastion?) watches from their window is just the most funny thing ever.
    I'm getting, "can you hear me now?" vibes from the window watcher.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

If Inferno is going to be anywhere close to what HoX/PoX were (the reveals alone might do me in)...then yes, I'm going to need to set up a sleeping habitat at the GL.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 08-30-2021 at 02:34 PM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    I don't think we are going to agree on this and that's ok. In taking your bolded statements above specifically, Magneto is only 8-10 years older than Xavier and Moira. So when Charles and Moira are in grad school is likely the time frame that Anya dies. As a few "years" later Charles and Erik meet in Israel after the Korean War. None of Erik's kids are mature as one is dead and the twins are toddlers likely.

Truth is that regardless of who we are discussing, the timeline is fixed in that events happened in sequence of canon. So taking anyone's age into account is problematic as characters like Emma, Xavier, and Magneto have been de-aged (either in story or through editorial means) which puts a kink into timeline theories based on ages. But the sequence of events that happened in the comics still happened in that order. Yes, I 100% agree Emma is supposed to be an older woman, but that got changed by Marvel years ago so we cannot use previous artwork to define her age as it is stated now that she's only in her late twenties. So taking out everyone's age and the idea that it follows our linear calendar in the real world, we are given the idea that things have been happening for 20 years. So within 20 years all of our X-lore has happened, in the order it was presented. Because if it isn't in that order, then it is not 616 as it no longer follows canon. So going back to the discussion of Exodus - he was not discovered by Magneto until after the events of X-Men 1-3. Which chronologically happened right before the events where Emma was attacked by Fitzroy in Uncanny X-Men 281. Where Emma was clearly an adult, not a child.
    The issue here is that Magneto is one of a handful of characters that is fixed to a historical event, along with Cap (frozen), Fury (Infinity Formula), and other characters whose powers prevent or drastically slow aging. The people around Magneto don't have any age defying abilities (and even Magneto uses a series of one shot effects to stay perpetually a very fit 40ish) but do have the benefit of being able to have defining events moved around to similar stuff that happens later than originally depicted. For example, the original mention of Cyclops' childhood plane crash specifically mentions the airplane as a WW2 Mosquito, yet only 30 of those still exist and only 4 can actually fly, and those are recent restorations (the oldest was restored in 2012) meaning that when the event happened in relation to Scott's current age, there wasn't a single de Haviland Mosquito that could actually fly, anywhere in the world. An Air Force Major isn't likely to have a one of a kind museum piece in working condition.

The origin of Iron Man was moved forward in time to Afghanistan rather than Vietnam, and I'm sure that will change again in 20 to 30 years. Sunfire is probably no longer able to trace his origin directly to the aftermath of Hiroshima, and Charles and Cain likely served somewhere else other than the Korean War (although since there is still a permanent deployment there could still have easily served in the country).

Basically, all dates and dated references in comics are only canon at the date of publication. Anyone holding them up as proof of anything is lying, even if the intended target is themselves.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Inferno #1 approaches. You ready?
    *pics*
    Oh the last one is interesting.

A man with the face of a normal white man, but with gloved hands that resemble Nightcrawlers two fingered hands.

Nightcrawler using an image inducer disguise? Or someone who happens to have similar anatomy to Nightcrawler using one? Perhaps a cardinal? Dum dum duuuum.

How many issues is Inferno going to be?
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    How many issues is Inferno going to be?
    Four issues that feels like Eight (i.e., about 40 story pages per).

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Four issues that feels like Eight (i.e., about 40 story pages per).
    That’s pretty awesome actually. Most likely another HC purchase also.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Last edited by Diammandis; 09-02-2021 at 07:28 AM.
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

BANNED

Wolverine stabbing nimrod I love Hickman.....

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    Moria keeps the mutant cure from life 3 ? I'm preaty sure she becomes the villan

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    Thank you for sharing the links!

Last edited by JB; 09-02-2021 at 08:19 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    [
    Thanks

10char

BANNED

Hickman doing ACTUAL X-Force duty.

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    Hickman doing ACTUAL X-Force duty.
    Nimrod is enormous! I'm so ready for this.