Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    I'm still not sure why they invited Mystique to Krakoa in the first place. There is surely other shapeshifters such as Copycat they could employ.

I'd trust Sinister more than Mystique at this point.
    There’s no in-story reason, obviously. Maybe Hickman should’ve tried to write one but for now, it sis entirely driven by her fame and the need for drama. That’s why I think that Xavier isn’t playing her, he’s really just being written like an idiot.

Edit: My mistake. I thought you were asking about being on the QC, not Krakoa. Yeah, everyone can come to Krakoa. I think the parts where they’re using her and giving her power is wrong.
    Last edited by useridgoeshere; 06-04-2021 at 07:26 PM.

The reason is that they invited literally everyone including people who are just as if not more dangerous than Mystique?..

Unless Mystique has like a HUGE plan i don't know how can she be a menace to Krakoa or Xavier/Magneto (not siding with them about the Destiny stuff)

I'm not the biggest fan of reusing major storyline titles like this but I'm sure it will be great.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    The reason is that they invited literally everyone including people who are just as if not more dangerous than Mystique?..
    Differences are: a) They can kill Mystique easily and b) They don't need her. That doesn't apply to Sinister or Apocalypse.

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    What consequences do they have to pay, for lying to Mystique? Mystique lies and betrays people on a constant basis, she backstabs and plays people and is 100% untrustworthy. She is finally on the receiving end and people perceive her as the victim? She can lie to everyone she meets but if she is lied to then there should be consequences. Xavier and Magneto dwarfs Mystique in terms of power, she is on Krakoa and a council member because they allowed it. And as others have said, she screws over people constantly and gets away with it, now she is the one being screwed and its a problem? The Magneto of old would have destroyed Mystique for even threatening his dream for mutants to have a homeland. The idea that Xavier and Magneto are the bad guys and Mystique is the victim is baffling. Mutants are on the ascendancy because of Xavier, Magneto and Moira, the mutant nation of Krakoa exists solely because of their efforts yet they are always seen as in the wrong, as the bad ones, they have to suffer consequences. How about everyone just say thanks for providing us a home and gifting us immortality. I don't think there as been two people, three counting the unknown Moira who as done more for mutantkind and yet has been so underappreciated and disrespected. I wonder if Xavier and Magneto sometimes think why did we bother when their fellow mutants seem so ungrateful or entitled as if they deserved Krakoa.
    I happen to agree and I like watching the drama play out.

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    This is my thinking too, keep your friends close and your enemies closer
    Yup. Now that we know Moira has the diaries it's all up in the air as to what exactly is going on.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

I can't fucking wait!!!!!!
    Mutant and Proud!

I just hope this teaser doesn't mean Storm is changing her costume. I ADORE her current look.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    I'm still not sure why they invited Mystique to Krakoa in the first place. There is surely other shapeshifters such as Copycat they could employ.

I'd trust Sinister more than Mystique at this point.
    Cyclical nature of mainstream storytelling, and storytelling in general. Even the cover to this mini event is screaming stage, not reality. Not to mention the title is a direct callback to Dante's reinassance masterpiece. All of the characters are roleplayers, which of course doesn't mean narrative won't surprise us and excite us, but you got to have a conflict for drama to be interesting. The trick is, of course, in surprising us with the choices, and reverting expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    I'm not the biggest fan of reusing major storyline titles like this but I'm sure it will be great.
    Reusing major storylines is literally how DC/Marvel work for decades. Self reference doesn't mean lack of originality of course, especially if it's a direct callback to era when everyone did it as a sign of respect, not repetition (again, reinassance).

And, in general, what better way to shake up the status quo then... burn it to the ground, Inferno style? I'm sure Hickman has many twists and turns up his sleeve. I just hope it won't be the end for him damn it.
    Last edited by m4st4; 06-04-2021 at 08:12 PM.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Can't wait for the hilariously untimely Sinister/Exodus rematch after this week's Gala drama.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Differences are: a) They can kill Mystique easily and b) They don't need her. That doesn't apply to Sinister or Apocalypse.
    I think you're overestimating how ruthless Charles and Erik are. They wouldn't just kill her as a precaucion. Maybe if she actually tries something, but not just out of nowhere. And on the second point, there's a bunch of other dangerous villains in there that aren't "needed" either.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I think you're overestimating how ruthless Charles and Erik are. They wouldn't just kill her as a precaucion. Maybe if she actually tries something, but not just out of nowhere. And on the second point, there's a bunch of other dangerous villains in there that aren't "needed" either.
    Anyone else think it's time for Charles to remove that helmet post Inferno and start getting grip on reality? Guy's too deep and starting to miss the point of it all. I guess that is why Hickman is (seemingly) trashing the place.

What if... We finally get a future series with all those new characters from HoX/PoX? Hm.

I can't wait for this to come out!
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

INFERNO is one of the central storyline's of Jean Grey and she is only chilling on the floor. lol Hickman really does not like her that much...

BANNED

Yeah this definitely looks like its either Hickman who is taking off from the x-books or at least wrapping up Moira's plot by this book. Duggan has already started writing the main title. With all those uncomplete plots and setup stories for other writers in his run, I feel bad to see that he isn't doing anything more than Moira's plot.