Page 13 of 32 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    I think 2 years of unanswered questions is enough to make many restless.

Especially those who have not been pulled into the era by anything
    & are still waiting on something's to get them invested.
    It's not like we've had no questions answered or nothing happening, though. Arrako was one of the big dangling plot lines of HoXPoX -- that's been addressed in a big way.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Everyone that dies after joining Krakoa gets resurrected immediately.
    Jumbo didn’t die after joining krakoa, neither did North Star’s sister, or Sinobi Shaw.One of the ‘elites’ wanted them moved to the front of the line, so they were.

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    Jumbo didn’t die after joining krakoa, neither did North Star’s sister, or Sinobi Shaw.One of the ‘elites’ wanted them moved to the front of the line, so they were.
    yes she did, that was literally the impetus for the first issue of X-Factor

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

That said i don't think that everyone who dies after joining Krakoa is resurrected immediately. It all has to do with how important they are and where they fall in the resurrection queue, or if they have connections.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I'd actually say arakko and vulcan are definitely teases at something big, since those seem too big of plotlines to just be filler. I imagine Hickman will come back to those storylines after Inferno.
    Agree. I think some people are conflating "filler" with unanswered questions. Filler implies that issues are there simply to waste time and serve no larger purpose. I certainly feel like some of the Giant-Size, X of Swords, and Empyre tie-ins could be considered filler. The rest of his issues are simply guilty of starting up new plot threads and raising new questions instead of answering older ones.

I 100% understand if that's not your preference and if you'd prefer old plot threads be addressed before introducing new ones, but it's an exaggeration to say that everything up until now has been filler.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    That said i don't think that everyone who dies after joining Krakoa is resurrected immediately. It all has to do with how important they are and where they fall in the resurrection queue, or if they have connections.
    So far, everyone that died was immediately resurrected

I think it makes sense to resurrect people who died recently asap. It's kind of like... We refuse death now, so we're not gonna let those last and really matter, we're gonna fix it immediately as to not give it much weight, because it shouldn't have happened at all.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    yes she did, that was literally the impetus for the first issue of X-Factor
    Proving she was dead was the impetus, I didn’t think she had joined Krakoa, but the X-factor readers can confirm or deny. Point still stands with Jumbo and Sinobi. Also, the new guy, Somnus. The write up says he was daken’s ex years ago, and dame wanted to bring him back to re-live his life on Krakoa.

Somewhat related, Xavier tried to stop legion from being resurrected, but legion did it himself anyway.

finally i swear this era feels like watching a anime with all the filler content from other writers, hickman really needs to start writing to titles after this.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    So far, everyone that died was immediately resurrected
    Curious, but do you know if all of the mutants who died in the early X-Force issue where they got invaded all got resurrected immediately? Or during any of the other invasions? Again, I am curious if this is not just something we have just taken for granted as most of the stories where we see people get resurrected have been people on missions. There have been some deaths we have seen that did not seem to be mission related though, too. However, I do recall in that X-Force issue a point was made to resurrected Healer immediately which would not be the normal procedure.

Honestly, I don't think anyone at Marvel cares. They will just resurrect who they want for their story and if they bother to mention other people who are not getting resurrected it will only be for drama. No one is providing us with some actual Encyclopedia Krakoa or anything.

I saw someone at twitter map this teaser to the three acts Hickman talked about around HoX/PoX.

https://twitter.com/permanentphase_/...67441568706564

Seems this might herald the start of Act Two.

Unless all that was just a bunch of publicity lies of course, which Hickman seems to have implied later on.

Last edited by myownlittleusername; 06-05-2021 at 11:42 AM. Reason: add images

Extraordinary Member

Looking at this I think the characters chosen to be in the image have a bit more to do with the actual story than the characters who were on the cover for the HOXPOX teaser did. This time there isn't a hodgepodge of characters from different eras and multiple versions of the same character. It's all people who have a certain level of importance in the current era with just 1 exception. There's the council, the 5, the captains, and a bunch of team leaders. Gambit is the odd man out on the cover since he's basically wallpaper on Krakoa.

My sense from the cover is that the focus of Inferno is going to be on relationships and which will be severed and which endure. There's Xavier and Moira looking like they are growing apart, and there's Doug looking terrified while clinging to Bei and flanked by Warlock. The council is going to have a split, and it looks like Sinister and Exodus are on opposing sides. Ever since this was teased in X-Men 20 I've assumed Mystique would ally with Sinister in attempting to take down Krakoa and that he'd bring back Madelyn, tying back to the original story,

This is not the end of Krakoa or the Hixman run. They are just now launching the new X-Men team and are not about to tear everything down the entire thing right after that.
    Last edited by sunofdarkchild; 06-05-2021 at 11:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Agree. I think some people are conflating "filler" with unanswered questions. Filler implies that issues are there simply to waste time and serve no larger purpose. I certainly feel like some of the Giant-Size, X of Swords, and Empyre tie-ins could be considered filler. The rest of his issues are simply guilty of starting up new plot threads and raising new questions instead of answering older ones.

I 100% understand if that's not your preference and if you'd prefer old plot threads be addressed before introducing new ones, but it's an exaggeration to say that everything up until now has been filler.
    Yeah and on top of that like, the other books in the era connect to Hickman’s plot but they’re also telling their own stories, the same way that books between Messiah Complex and Second Coming or Second Coming and AvX told their own stories that didn’t involve Hope Summers. Sometimes those books impacted the main status quo but sometimes they didn’t, and that’s ok!! That doesn’t make them filler it just makes them their own stories.

Quote Originally Posted by myownlittleusername View Post
    I saw someone at twitter map this teaser to the three acts Hickman talked about around HoX/PoX.

https://twitter.com/permanentphase_/...67441568706564

Seems this might herald the start of Act Two.

Unless all that was just a bunch of publicity lies of course, which Hickman seems to have implied later on.
    Where did he imply that was lies?

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    Where did he imply that was lies?
    I don't remember where, he did say at some point that he told a lot of lies during the promotion at least.