Page 20 of 32 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast
    see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Paragon View Post
    I'd like Inferno to end with Apocalypse coming back through a portal and just staring in slack-jawed amazement at how they'd managed to screw up everything so quickly without him around.

"I was gone for TWO months!"
    That would be pretty amazing.

But if he were to return, I wonder if he would give up the idea of Krakoa and go back to survival of the fittest because how Krakoa wasn't fit

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    That would be pretty amazing.

But if he were to return, I wonder if he would give up the idea of Krakoa and go back to survival of the fittest because how Krakoa wasn't fit
    He may just go off to Arakko where they have statues of him and what not. We know he loves that.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

BANNED

lol it would be so on-brand for the office to villainize Bishop again.

Mighty Member

I don't get the tag line "our leaders can't be trusted" in regards to Xavier and Magneto, these guys are the founders of Krakoa, what exactly is it they can't be trusted about? The word arrogance is being tossed about to describe Xavier and Magneto, I don't see it. Where is this arrogance, in what actions is said arrogance seen, not blindly doing whatever Moira wants, refusing Mystique's demands? Ironically they are abiding Moira's no-precog wishes and are still vilified as arrogant for that, they are dammed if they do dammed if they don't. What is this obsession with the writers and fans to make Xavier and Magneto into bad guys. I wonder if sometimes Charles and Erik look at each other and say why the hell did we even bother. They along with Moira have done far more for mutantkind than anyone else and so many are giddy to see them fall and replace with Emma of all people. What exactly has Emma done that merit her replacing Xavier and Magneto. Charles is primarily responsible for Krakoa itself, the Krakoan drugs as well as the resurrection protocols, Magneto conceived the idea to terraform Mars for mutants and had a active hand in it coming to fruition and Moira was behind the scenes guiding events. What is Emma's contribution, shipping drugs in a boat, hosting a dress up party, that qualifies her to replace Xavier and Magneto? Hell when they went to Davos to meet world leaders they took Apocalypse with them not Emma. Even Storm was made regent of Sol. This whole event seems somewhat forced in the sense that Mystique is supposed to be justified in her actions to destabilize and burn Krakoa down. And that Charles and Erik are in the wrong and they should be deposed and removed from power. Looks like another schism is being foreshadowed, but this one is shaping up to be more farcical and stupid than the first.

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    I don't get the tag line "our leaders can't be trusted" in regards to Xavier and Magneto, these guys are the founders of Krakoa, what exactly is it they can't be trusted about? The word arrogance is being tossed about to describe Xavier and Magneto, I don't see it. Where is this arrogance, in what actions is said arrogance seen, not blindly doing whatever Moira wants, refusing Mystique's demands? Ironically they are abiding Moira's no-precog wishes and are still vilified as arrogant for that, they are dammed if they do dammed if they don't. What is this obsession with the writers and fans to make Xavier and Magneto into bad guys. I wonder if sometimes Charles and Erik look at each other and say why the hell did we even bother. They along with Moira have done far more for mutantkind than anyone else and so many are giddy to see them fall and replace with Emma of all people. What exactly has Emma done that merit her replacing Xavier and Magneto. Charles is primarily responsible for Krakoa itself, the Krakoan drugs as well as the resurrection protocols, Magneto conceived the idea to terraform Mars for mutants and had a active hand in it coming to fruition and Moira was behind the scenes guiding events. What is Emma's contribution, shipping drugs in a boat, hosting a dress up party, that qualifies her to replace Xavier and Magneto? Hell when they went to Davos to meet world leaders they took Apocalypse with them not Emma. Even Storm was made regent of Sol. This whole event seems somewhat forced in the sense that Mystique is supposed to be justified in her actions to destabilize and burn Krakoa down. And that Charles and Erik are in the wrong and they should be deposed and removed from power. Looks like another schism is being foreshadowed, but this one is shaping up to be more farcical and stupid than the first.
    Nemesis created the drugs. Also Xavier got with Gabriel, who was his patient at the time, on Moira’s orders just to have David, so that in itself shows a lack of simple morality that’s needed in a leader. The resurrection protocols had an adverse cosmic side effect that would have caused greater calamity. Also they foolishly thought they could keep Sinister from being Sinister. Moira made a very good comment about them knowing better than her about it, but chose to go against her better judgement. Same with Mystique as they know her personality when it comes to dangling what she wants in her face and being constantly told no. So Mystique my start the fire, but there are others who are going to poor gasoline on it. Emma is a better choice out of those two cause even when she does give charitably to disenfranchised humans it’s to up lift mutants in their eyes and build strong relationships like in Madripoor. Emma my do some shady stuff, but it has a better turnout than Xavier. Erik is still the same and most are used to him failing in some capacity.
    Last edited by Covetous_One; 08-10-2021 at 05:20 PM.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    As someone on Twitter astutely noted:

Last edited by Mercury; 08-11-2021 at 11:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post

I absolutely LOVE this!

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    I absolutely LOVE this!
    It was @infojeangrey’s idea, but they used this pic instead 😂:

I thought they deserved better.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    Nemesis created the drugs. Also Xavier got with Gabriel, who was his patient at the time, on Moira’s orders just to have David, so that in itself shows a lack of simple morality that’s needed in a leader. The resurrection protocols had an adverse cosmic side effect that would have caused greater calamity. Also they foolishly thought they could keep Sinister from being Sinister. Moira made a very good comment about them knowing better than her about it, but chose to go against her better judgement. Same with Mystique as they know her personality when it comes to dangling what she wants in her face and being constantly told no. So Mystique my start the fire, but there are others who are going to poor gasoline on it. Emma is a better choice out of those two cause even when she does give charitably to disenfranchised humans it’s to up lift mutants in their eyes and build strong relationships like in Madripoor. Emma my do some shady stuff, but it has a better turnout than Xavier. Erik is still the same and most are used to him failing in some capacity.
    Emma has been manipulating Shaw all this time, 'pimped' out Chantel to some crimelord to lay low while she's caressing her ego with silly powerplays. At least to me Xavier and Magneto even if misguided are doing everything to keep the nation from disintegrating from within and without.I am at pains to understand why Emma does what she does.To me (and this may be the writers fault) she does what she does just to come off cool or to showboat which makes her ultimately inconsequential.

Mighty Member

Those three contributed nothing to the founding/creation of the mutant nation of Krakoa. They had no active hand in mutantkind having a viable homeland even though they along with practically every other mutant is benefiting from Krakoa existing. But hey sure, depose/exile Xavier and Magneto from power because they're untrustworthy. Put Cyclops, Jean, Storm and Emma in charge and and sees what happens when novissima rise and the phalanx come for mutants. Some may not like it but Xavier and Magneto along with Moira are mutantkind's greatest hope for long-term survival, but for bias reasons many want them to fall. And the funny thing is that most love Krakoa, they love mutantkind united and flexing their power. But the ones responsible for Krakoa get scorn. No one has stated exactly what it that Xavier and Magneto should be removed from power for, all I see are words like "shady" and "arrogance" being used. Ultimately I guess it comes down to who you like, Cyclops, Jean, Storm and Emma have many vocal fans so they want them at the forefront and in charge. Xavier and Magneto not so much so get called out for any and everything and should lose power. And it's weird because Xavier and Magneto are doing what their doing for the survival of all mutants but that's gets glossed over or forgotten entirely. It's easier to label them the bad guys and root for other likable characters. Xavier and Magneto are the true leaders Krakoa deserves because they created Krakoa for the benefit and survival of all mutants.

Those three contributed nothing to the founding/creation of the mutant nation of Krakoa. They had no active hand in mutantkind having a viable homeland even though they along with practically every other mutant is benefiting from Krakoa existing. But hey sure, depose/exile Xavier and Magneto from power because they're untrustworthy. Put Cyclops, Jean, Storm and Emma in charge and and sees what happens when novissima rise and the phalanx come for mutants. Some may not like it but Xavier and Magneto along with Moira are mutantkind's greatest hope for long-term survival, but for bias reasons many want them to fall. And the funny thing is that most love Krakoa, they love mutantkind united and flexing their power. But the ones responsible for Krakoa get scorn. No one has stated exactly what it that Xavier and Magneto should be removed from power for, all I see are words like "shady" and "arrogance" being used. Ultimately I guess it comes down to who you like, Cyclops, Jean, Storm and Emma have many vocal fans so they want them at the forefront and in charge. Xavier and Magneto not so much so get called out for any and everything and should lose power. And it's weird because Xavier and Magneto are doing what their doing for the survival of all mutants but that's gets glossed over or forgotten entirely. It's easier to label them the bad guys and root for other likable characters. Xavier and Magneto are the true leaders Krakoa deserves because they created Krakoa for the benefit and survival of all mutants.
    It's a damn meme it's not that deep.

Astonishing Member

I think Xavier's and Magneto's biggest 'sin' is asking a scumbag like Sinister to get on board when they had Dr.Nemesis,Beast and Forge to help them, sure maybe it would take longer but at least they'd have one beast to deal with instead of a dozen Sinisters. We have to remember Moira is herself keeping secrets and details from Xavier in so far as not telling him that she is precisely guiding the outcomes where she is vulnerable to Irene, not they(or at least we presume it's personal animus)that if circumvented by say allowing other precogs just not Irene.. would make the problem less acute because then they'd have no reason to dangle any carrots in front of Mystique.To me the main problem is Moira began with secrets and they have snowballed but Xavier and Magnus refuse to be fatalistic if that is all there is to a dark destiny and for that at least they should be commended.Moira should have been more forthcoming about why ANY/ ALL precogs are not allowed, if she says they all see all futures and all agree then fine but what if some can only see this life not her life 11? She's just set off a panic reaction that is curtailing their choices to navigate the future the way I see it.Who knows maybe all this time she just wants to best Irene and her plans are slower but deadlier than her just getting to make a cure, although I doubt she's a villain , maybe the reveal will be that she is not a mutant but some cosmic being used to prevent universal collapse .We'll have to wait for it all to pan out.
    Last edited by Rev9; 08-11-2021 at 01:06 PM.

But hey sure, depose/exile Xavier and Magneto from power because they're untrustworthy. Put Cyclops, Jean, Storm and Emma in charge…
    Frankly, I find Emma the most predatory and untrustworthy of the three, though neither thrills me at the moment. Also, many of America’s Founding Fathers were racist slaveholders. Having a hand in founding a nation, which is a collective effort, really, doesn’t automatically absolve one of one’s crimes and perpetrations.

Astonishing Member

Frankly, I find Emma the most predatory and untrustworthy of the three, though neither thrills me at the moment. Also, many of America’s Founding Fathers were racist slaveholders. Having a hand in founding a nation, which is a collective effort, really, doesn’t automatically absolve one of one’s crimes and perpetrations.
    Agree fully, she's the worst of the three.

Emma is the best out of the three. WTF.