Page 24 of 32 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425262728 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    Though you have a valid point , the fact is right now Shaw and Emma are still part of Hellfire but Exodus is not close to Magneto at all in this era. We can either accept in this universe or life 10 nothing happened in the order of events in cannon OR we assume plenty of time has passed with respect to their histories. Remember for that to work we slide the scale along Moira's own life, as long as she lives reality keeps as is for everyone else.Now keeping it realistic we are in 2021, let us not make life hard and just say Krakoa is formed in 2019. Since Emma is like 30-33 , her days of being with Lourdes at a minimum are like 2008.Is it likely that Exodus was awakened in like 2012 and had rolled with Magneto all those years? Sure it is possible , but to keep Magneto true to life and his history we have to presume he indeed was de-aged at some point to look as young as he does which happens around the time Emma is born to actually make the process necessary.If Emma is born 1989, Magneto back then is like 60 years, to de age him the only option is to say he was rewound to being 20 years old in 1989 and so currently is 53 years old which is about right, and if that is the case then by the time he meets Exodus,Emma is still a child. Because of hinging everything on Moira's age the sliding timeline has limits.It cannot go back beyond Moira's birth and when she is born Magneto since he has mature children ,no matter the reality is a 20 year old man.I know it's convoluted but it is the only way to explain Emma's and Magneto's age pretty well and it fits.
    I don't think we are going to agree on this and that's ok. In taking your bolded statements above specifically, Magneto is only 8-10 years older than Xavier and Moira. So when Charles and Moira are in grad school is likely the time frame that Anya dies. As a few "years" later Charles and Erik meet in Israel after the Korean War. None of Erik's kids are mature as one is dead and the twins are toddlers likely.

Truth is that regardless of who we are discussing, the timeline is fixed in that events happened in sequence of canon. So taking anyone's age into account is problematic as characters like Emma, Xavier, and Magneto have been de-aged (either in story or through editorial means) which puts a kink into timeline theories based on ages. But the sequence of events that happened in the comics still happened in that order. Yes, I 100% agree Emma is supposed to be an older woman, but that got changed by Marvel years ago so we cannot use previous artwork to define her age as it is stated now that she's only in her late twenties. So taking out everyone's age and the idea that it follows our linear calendar in the real world, we are given the idea that things have been happening for 20 years. So within 20 years all of our X-lore has happened, in the order it was presented. Because if it isn't in that order, then it is not 616 as it no longer follows canon. So going back to the discussion of Exodus - he was not discovered by Magneto until after the events of X-Men 1-3. Which chronologically happened right before the events where Emma was attacked by Fitzroy in Uncanny X-Men 281. Where Emma was clearly an adult, not a child.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Exodus' age is not the issue, it is how long ago he was awoken, right? If it was just something that supposedly happen some time ago, before most other events, you could probably push it back and change where it fits, but there are other character's whos story intertwines in ways that it would not make sense for Magneto to have awoken Exodus any earlier relative to the ages of the rest of the characters on the sliding timescale.

My answer would be only characters directly intertwined with Magneto and Exodus are affected but remember this theory is made to explain life 10. Exodus dying at the hands of Matthew Malloy in the service of SHIELD is another life right? Moreover life 6 of Moira is so long that it can encompass vast comic time eras.There is no way to know which because when you think she is missing ,she is alive hidden just as she is now letting time play out.How she let her normal mutation survive thousands of years is anyone's guess.

To the point though if Exodus is resurrected earlier in this life(life10) that would merely imply some mutants that cross paths with him at least in this life should be older than Emma.Due to unique mutations is it impossible to see some mutants older than Emma looking as young as Emma or younger like Joanna and Fabian? It is possible ,already some mutants in this reality are merely resurrected by protocols, what if others were resurrected by Exodus himself and that is why they look in their prime?(on the assumption some have not yet died to require the 5) Consider this leftfield possibility also that ultimately Moira's re-setting of reality is keeping her contemporaries human, mutant and machine out of synch with the constant time re-sets .This can be inferred from HoX-PoX books. Life 6 which happens before life 9 dragged hundreds of years longer than life 9 yet Nimrod was in both lives but entirely different(he is a machine but follow the wider implication),had it been life 6 events happening in life 9 and vice versa , we could say time flows in one direction. With life 6 happening out of sequence,it implies monumental shifts because the older upgraded robot preserved the mutant remains ,that we see the younger version only starting to preserve. Some could say it was not really life Six just termed that way , true and if so then it is in actual fact the 9th life not 6th and so only after the penultimate stretch of reality does Moira choose to create Krakoa otherwise she'd do so in life 7(sooner). Anyway what am I getting at? Theoretically it is possible while in previous lives events already happened , in life 10 they are yet to happen ,yeah I know twisted how can something that happened, not yet be? Well with Moira it is theme of all her lives, she is fighting fate ,in some lives it happens earlier in others later, the point she makes is it still happens. If that is the underlying current then it doesn't really matter when Magneto releases Exodus, all that matters is events we saw play out in cannon will ultimately play out as before despite very different paths.
    Last edited by Rev9; 08-24-2021 at 03:30 PM.

That’s hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post
    That was clever! The look on his face at the news of the death! LOL!
    Mutant and Proud!

Extraordinary Member

My answer would be only characters directly intertwined with Magneto and Exodus are affected but remember this theory is made to explain life 10. Exodus dying at the hands of Matthew Malloy in the service of SHIELD is another life right? Moreover life 6 of Moira is so long that it can encompass vast comic time eras.There is no way to know which because when you think she is missing ,she is alive hidden just as she is now letting time play out.How she let her normal mutation survive thousands of years is anyone's guess.
    Are you talking about where Exodus was awoken in 616/Life 10 or if in any of the past lives whether Moira would have found out about Exodus sooner? Certainly the events of awakening Exodus could have happened earlier in those other lives.

If you mean in the 616, if we want to go down the road of post HoXPoX/Life 10 is an earlier iteration of Moira than pre HoXPoX 616 then I would have been all ears when this started. However, I think the 'lets make Krakoa and life 10 the actual 616 and forget Moira' ship sailed a long time ago.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

LMAO! Just great!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Are you talking about where Exodus was awoken in 616/Life 10 or if in any of the past lives whether Moira would have found out about Exodus sooner? Certainly the events of awakening Exodus could have happened earlier in those other lives.

If you mean in the 616, if we want to go down the road of post HoXPoX/Life 10 is an earlier iteration of Moira than pre HoXPoX 616 then I would have been all ears when this started. However, I think the 'lets make Krakoa and life 10 the actual 616 and forget Moira' ship sailed a long time ago.
    To be honest I don't know all the parameters that define 616, I've never been into following the main universe and other parallel universes.For me Moira and Hickman's framework has sort of wiped the slate clean.I guess since/if you are conversant with the 616 , pick whichever choice makes most sense to you

Extraordinary Member

To be honest I don't know all the parameters that define 616, I've never been into following the main universe and other parallel universes.For me Moira and Hickman's framework has sort of wiped the slate clean.I guess since/if you are conversant with the 616 , pick whichever choice makes most sense to you
    I am still on board with the fall out of Hickman's Secret Wars meaning nothing printed in comics before that event has to have happened as originally told, or at least not in the timeline of the current continuity as it sits, partly because of some of the immediate changes but also because that would allow the whole Moira concept to not require so much to be ignored.

Haha, that's good.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member

So this newest issue of Cable just confirmed that the Krakoan error happens in 2021.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    So this newest issue of Cable just confirmed that the Krakoan error happens in 2021.
    LOLOLOL Krakoan "error"

Inferno #1 approaches. You ready?

"Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

No, Sibling. I am absolutely not ready.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

I know these are likely from different scenes. But the idea of Moira and Nimrod glaring at each other from other sides of the street, while someone (Bastion?) watches from their window is just the most funny thing ever.