Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 21272829303132 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Weather View Post
    I'm pretty sure Psylocke will be the new War Captain, since she is in the same position Cyclops, Magik and Bishop are. Gorgon probably can't be a captain after what happened to him in XoS.

Maybe Bishop will be the new prime captain (forgot the name they use) instead of Cyclops, since he is already leading the X-men and that takes a lot of his time. Or Bishop will be on the Quiet Council as we all suspected.
    I think Mercury should be made if not a war captain then at least Xavier's bodyguard or part of the QC public security detail (if Gorgon has been demoted) Not because the QC are not powerful enough to take care of themselves in official gatherings but because 1.Unlike Gorgon, she immediately stands out as mutant and therefore kind of has a greater intimidation factor and 2.She's a living weapon able to deliver serious damage as well as take it while recovering from almost any physical injury short of tactical nuke or a power dampener(just a guess)

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    Nope, XLOW/XDOW is apparently a followup to both this *and* HoX/PoX, it was originally smaller but according to Percy, Hickman saw it and decided to help Percy and turn it into a true followup
    Ahh, I must have missed that.

Okay cool thanks for the info

Percy said in an interview that this X Lives story was in his original pit for Wolverine. It is supposed be the ultimate Wolverine story lol. Then, as Denirac said, with Hickman's help they increased the scope to also work as a launch for the next X era.

I'm excited to see where this story goes. The artists involved are very good. It is a little bit underwhelming that some books won't be released during this period, but at least I expect X-men and some other to continue.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    I think Mercury should be made if not a war captain then at least Xavier's bodyguard or part of the QC public security detail (if Gorgon has been demoted) Not because the QC are not powerful enough to take care of themselves in official gatherings but because 1.Unlike Gorgon, she immediately stands out as mutant and therefore kind of has a greater intimidation factor and 2.She's a living weapon able to deliver serious damage as well as take it while recovering from almost any physical injury short of tactical nuke or a power dampener(just a guess)
    I like that idea. We know she's fiercely protective of others, self-sacrificing to a fault, and tries to adhere to the ideals of the X-Men more so than perhaps any other student of her generation, so I'd really expect her to take a more prominent role when it comes to defending Krakoa and its people. Another big advantage she has over characters like Wolverine or Gorgon is that her powers lend themselves better to non-lethal combat when needed, as she should be able to easily restrain or subdue multiple attackers without causing permanent harm.
    Not to mention that she's probably the much better choice to bring along to social events and you wouldn't have to worry about her starting a fight just because she got bored. Plus, she'd look absolutely striking in whatever formal wear fits the occasion.

You always have such fun ideas for Mercury. Also, as demonstrated in X-Infernus, her qualifications as a bodyguard further extend to literally guarding the body disguised as armor. Just need to find a way around pesky metal detectors.

Power dampeners are such a weird concept on physical mutations. For simplicity's sake, it would probably just render her unable to shapeshift, because the idea of forcing her body to regrow all of its organs is incredibly off-putting to me. O_o
    Last edited by Paragon; 09-28-2021 at 09:43 PM. Reason: There's always an accidental apostrophe.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Paragon View Post
    You always have such fun ideas for Mercury. Also, as demonstrated in X-Infernus, her qualifications as a bodyguard further extend to literally guarding the body disguised as armor. Just need to find a way around pesky metal detectors.

Power dampeners are such a weird concept on physical mutations. For simplicity's sake, it would probably just render her unable to shapeshift, because the idea of forcing her body to regrow all of its organs is incredibly off-putting to me. O_o
    What can I say? I'm a Cessily fan Here's to hoping some writers are too.

What can I say? I'm a Cessily fan Here's to hoping some writers are too.
    I hope they think of her when the X-Men will eventually have to deal with Tarn. She's one of the few mutants I can think of who should have a chance of fighting him, seeing how she has no biology for him to manipulate.

Quote Originally Posted by MAR420X View Post
    wondering if gerry's x-men will pop up in this.....

if u think about HIS book it reads like its the 2nd age of krakoa on its own.. something to keep your eyes on
    WELP... after inferno #1 u could tell i was on to something..

So Inferno #1 is here and we have some things from Mark Brooks teaser.

- 4 new Captains confirmed. Bishop as new commander was teased that he is closer to camera than Cyke?
    - Doug and Warlock afraid of Bei plot started
    - Logan died in a fight with Nimrod numerous times. Now Orchis has multiple skeletons of Wolverine. Maybe connected to fallen Wolverine on teaser?
    - Emma is watching at Cerebro. She was using it at he beginning of Inferno as flashforward moment.
    - Maybe Destiny is really a Mystique?

Last edited by Purplevit; 09-30-2021 at 02:54 AM.

Good ones, Purplevit. Also, Psylocke is behind Bishop, and the way Mystique is holding Destiny's mask makes it seem as if she just took it off.

Here's a clearer pic of the poster:

Last edited by Mercury; 09-30-2021 at 08:49 AM.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

So we should expect The Five, Jean, Polaris and Gambit to show up somehow?
    "Cable was right!"

Mercury, thankds for HD pic.
    Triniking1234, I really hope that they will appear. The Five have bigger chances to appear in Hickman story than others.

Gambit is in his old costume. So if it is something from the past that may be used for Inferno there may be 2 reasons as I see but doubt that would be used:
    1. In Gambit #2 by Nicieza, Remy saved Moira`s research about mutants from being destroyed. He secretly made a copy of that research for New Sun who was a villain.
    2. Gambit destroyed Destiny's Diaries in Messiah Complex so Sinister won`t get them. Moira was reading these Diaries at the end of HiX-Man somehow.

What do we think Gambit having a nap represents? As a fellow cat owner I can definitely empathize with the desire to just lie down and let life wash over me.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    So we should expect The Five, Jean, Polaris and Gambit to show up somehow?
    I could see all of them combined being integral to saving the day, especially since they wouldn’t be expected.
    Last edited by Mercury; 09-30-2021 at 09:11 AM.

Perhaps Sinister and Exodus will finally duke it out as I've been hoping for.

The Five don't look too happy. Bored, even.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!