Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Have you even read a comic in the last two years?
    I read Hickman's and only 5 or 4 weren't fillers

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    Events and Crossovers are more or less the same picture. Its just differently distributed.
    I mean but it doesn't look like it's crossing over with any of the other books so hey if you want to skip it you can skip it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    People want more of hox/pox, Hickman was just doing filler all this time
    While I’ll agree that some of those event tie-ins could have been cut, he had to do some stuff with Arrako (which was teased in HOX/POX), the Children of the Vault, the Crucible, Mystique/ Orchis, and even the Shi’ar to get here. You can’t tear down a status quo without building one first.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WeaponX View Post
    I wonder if the x-men on the ground are a group that is going to lose faith in the new mutant nation and strike off on their own. It would jive with those characters personalities.
    Jean dying once again isn't gonna make their fans feel good about this event lol

I can't help but notice that SWORD is not represented anywhere in this teaser.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Ooooh this looks awesome. I wonder why Logan, Jean, Lorna, Alex and Remy are dead.

"...perfect for bringing this heartbreaking saga to life." Yikes.
    Just a guess, assuming this Inferno ties into what's going in Cable with Stryfe and Hellions with Madelyne Pryor.

Logan is linked to Moira since he's the one who kills her in two of her lives

Jean is linked to Stryfe since she's his "mother"

Alex is linked to Madelyne since he's her lover

Gambit is linked to Mr. Sinister since he's his son (maybe)

Lorna is linked to Magneto since she's his daughter

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Until we have the full September solicits we don't if and how the other books are affected.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

I read Hickman's and only 5 or 4 weren't fillers
    Except Hordeculture and Vulcan everything that has been in X-Men has been mentioned in HoX / PoX.

Orchis, Arakko, Shi'ar, Homo novissima, resurrection, Mystique, the formation of the nation ... It's all part of HoX / PoX.

Astonishing Member

People want more of hox/pox, Hickman was just doing filler all this time
    So let me get this straight you think that just because people want to see Hickman follow up on plot lines that he introduced back in HoX means that every other writerr and all the character work and plotting and World building that they did is filler?

Do you kind of see how ridiculous that sounds?

Mighty Member

Jean dying once again isn't gonna make their fans feel good about this event lol
    I really doubt they're killing, jean, Remy, and Logan at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    While I’ll agree that some of those event tie-ins could have been cut, he had to do some stuff with Arrako (which was teased in HOX/POX), the Children of the Vault, the Crucible, Mystique/ Orchis, and even the Shi’ar to get here. You can’t tear down a status quo without building one first.
    He had 12 issues of HOXPOX. there was enough build. he did a lot one shots that went nowhere instead of working hoxpox
    writers can build world while telling stories. claremont used to do it, Johns, even Morrison.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    I can't help but notice that SWORD is not represented anywhere in this teaser.
    Maybe Storm is the SWORD rep...

Sike I’m officially done over-speculating and I’m just gonna enjoy the ride of this era.

Edit: some of y’all really seem to think that these comics should really be catered to your taste and your taste alone, all other readers be damned.

I wasn’t suggesting they’d die just that maybe them being fallen in that image was a symbolic representation of them having a falling out with Krakoa.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    Ouch. As exciting as this looks, it very much sounds like the swansong of Hickman's tenure as a writer. Not necessarily the end of the Krakoa era mind you, just the end of Hickman's involvement with the X-books... which I'm not really ready for :/
    I'm not really getting that from the article. It looks like he'll be writing the repercussions of HoX/PoX and I'm glad he'll be the one doing it. What happens after Inferno is not discussed in the article and it could completely be Hickman writing the next phase.

He had 12 issues of HOXPOX. there was enough build. he did a lot one shots that went nowhere instead of working hoxpox
    writers can build world while telling stories. claremont used to do it, Johns, even Morrison.
    I don’t know if I’d say filler but certainly pretty boring or really anticlimactic when returned to.