Page 7 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Is Mystique really some major threat to Krakoa, I just don't see it. Honestly what can she possibly do, what power does she have to burn down Krakoa? If Xavier and Magneto made her disappear tomorrow would anyone give a damm or even a second thought, maybe Rogue and Nightcrawler for a hot minute. I can think of a dozen or more mutants that could cause Krakoa trouble before I get to Mystique, at best she is a minor annoyance that can can easily be dealt with. I just don't see Krakoa burning down because of anything she can do, she has no power. It should have been Selene on the council not Raven, I can much more buy Selene "burning" down Krakoa than I can Mystique. However I do look forward to reading the story.

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    Is Mystique really some major threat to Krakoa, I just don't see it. Honestly what can she possibly do, what power does she have to burn down Krakoa? If Xavier and Magneto made her disappear tomorrow would anyone give a damm or even a second thought, maybe Rogue and Nightcrawler for a hot minute. I can think of a dozen or more mutants that could cause Krakoa trouble before I get to Mystique, at best she is a minor annoyance that can can easily be dealt with. I just don't see Krakoa burning down because of anything she can do, she has no power. It should have been Selene on the council not Raven, I can much more buy Selene "burning" down Krakoa than I can Mystique. However I do look forward to reading the story.
    Mystique can sell Krakoa to Orchis. Give them the information they need about the The Five so that Nimrod destroys them.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

I feel for mystique but so many lives have been made better in the grand scheme of it all. hopefully if she does burn it all down there is still something left to preserve their safe haven. Xavier and Magneto should know better than to piss her off though.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

People are already speculating about this being the end of Hickman's era. Surely just another major milestone that will lead into New X-Men or something like that?! :/

Excited as hell!
    Last edited by m4st4; 06-04-2021 at 01:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Mystique can sell Krakoa to Orchis. Give them the information they need about the The Five so that Nimrod destroys them.
    Not to mention she could rally more than a few powerful evil mutants to her side. Shaw, Omega Red, and Sabertooth spring to mind. Maybe even Sinister. Not to mention her usual sowing seeds of discord with her shape shifting powers.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I feel for mystique but so many lives have been made better in the grand scheme of it all. hopefully if she does burn it all down there is still something left to preserve their safe haven. Xavier and Magneto should know better than to piss her off though.
    Yeah, Magneto and Xavier deserve to pay the consequences, not the people of Krakoa.

Extraordinary Member

Don't get me wrong, I am super hyped for this even though it might just be because I can't wait for something, anything, to happen and they seem to no how to appeal to all of my nostalgia, but I just know this is going to be $7.99 weekly.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Well as PoX-HoX had so many on the year at who did not even have a cameo, we should draw to many conclusions of this teaser.

The PoX-HoX had Firestorm, the lobster, Kid Storm, Phoenix, Baby Havok, Weapon X and none of that was used.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Yeah, Magneto and Xavier deserve to pay the consequences, not the people of Krakoa.
    exactly. 100% agreed.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WeaponX View Post
    Not to mention she could rally more than a few powerful evil mutants to her side. Shaw, Omega Red, and Sabertooth spring to mind. Maybe even Sinister. Not to mention her usual sowing seeds of discord with her shape shifting powers.
    I could see her recruiting Rogue as well, since it involves Irene. In which case, Gambit would also get involved
    Make Good Art

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WeaponX View Post
    Jobbertooth hasn't been powerful for 20 years. So he'd be largely ineffective. lol And the very fact he is where he is right now if proof enough of that.

Shaw has been jobbing to Emma for a good long while, unless Hickman has upped his power-level. So he's a non-issue as well. Or could be dealt with before causing too much trouble.

Omega Red has been up & down too.

Honestly Sinister & Beast pose more threat than any of them. lol If she can get one or both of them, plus Selene on her side, we got something.

Otherwise, the X-Franchise could use a revamp for all their villains far as making them legit threats again & bringing back some from the depths of obscurity.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 06-04-2021 at 01:55 PM.

I have only one issue with Mystique being "a major threat"... Xavier should see this coming.

Even if he doesn't read everyone's minds on everyday basis (let's be honest, he probably does), he's the one who does back-ups for every mutant, Mystique included. So he should know all of her thoughts and plans to burn the island to the ground. So... why? Is that an overcomplicated plan to get rid of her? I just don't get it. If you see her as a hindrance, just don't resurrect her or come up with an excuse. Maybe Xavier and Magneto are a little bit arrogant, but they are not THIS dumb...

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dinosaur Hulk View Post
    I have only one issue with Mystique being "a major threat"... Xavier should see this coming.

Even if he doesn't read everyone's minds on everyday basis (let's be honest, he probably does), he's the one who does back-ups for every mutant, Mystique included. So he should know all of her thoughts and plans to burn the island to the ground. So... why? Is that an overcomplicated plan to get rid of her? I just don't get it. If you see her as a hindrance, just don't resurrect her or come up with an excuse. Maybe Xavier and Magneto are a little bit arrogant, but they are not THIS dumb...
    They are when dealing with Mystique, as many characters often have to be to make her work. Nobody in their right mind besides Irene, could / should ever trust Mystique. But folks are constantly giving her chances, then acting taken aback when she screws them over.

I roll my eyes HARD whenever folks keep talking about her getting Jobbertooth out of the pit. Even if she does, she ought to be the first person he kills and probably would be if we were dealing with the Sabretooth of the 90's rather than the jobbing simp he's turned into. He doesn't need to be helping her.

Mystique's entire character seems to cause major writer flaws with dumbing / simping down of characters to make her effective.

BANNED

I think that can be an underlying twist where Xavier has been planning all along.

LOL @ Cypher holding on this his wife like that!

Marvel can't fool me with the promo pics for their events anymore! I see so many faves that are probably not going to do much in the event!