Page 8 of 32 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Jobbertooth hasn't been powerful for 20 years. So he'd be largely ineffective. lol And the very fact he is where he is right now if proof enough of that.

Shaw has been jobbing to Emma for a good long while, unless Hickman has upped his power-level. So he's a non-issue as well. Or could be dealt with before causing too much trouble.

Omega Red has been up & down too.

Honestly Sinister & Beast pose more threat than any of them. lol If she can get one or both of them, plus Selene on her side, we got something.

Otherwise, the X-Franchise could use a revamp for all their villains far as making them legit threats again & bringing back some from the depths of obscurity.
    I will just say never underestimate the unjobbing power of a top writer. And Sabertooth in particular jobs until someone wants him to be unbeatable again. I also think him being the only mutant not forgiven in Krakoa is significant and he has strong ties to mystique. Your other suggestions are better though.

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    I think you can take more from it than that. Yes, you shouldn't assume Jean will get knocked out or Exodus will fight Sinister, but Brooks was told something to create it. I doubt it's a coincidence that it's every character with an official role in running Krakoa, from the island himself to Moira, the QC, Five and Captains.
    But look at Brooks’ HoX/PoX promo. It was all nonsense. Characters from different eras, multiples of characters, dead characters... none were involved with the story. And those were specific art choices.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    They are when dealing with Mystique, as many characters often have to be to make her work. Nobody in their right mind besides Irene, could / should ever trust Mystique. But folks are constantly giving her chances, then acting taken aback when she screws them over.
    Yeah I don't get how you can trust someone who's made backstabbing their profession. Mystique betrayed X-Men every time she saw an opportunity to do so. I understand "keeping your enemies close" but Charles and Eric gone and PROVOKED her in issue 20.
    -What about Irene?
    -And what about her lol? What are you gonna do about this?) Oh right... you can't do ****.

If Xavier isn't ready for Mystique attack, I am gonna call it a very lazy writing. Even if Hickman is one of my favourite writers of all time.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WeaponX View Post
    I will just say never underestimate the unjobbing power of a top writer. And Sabertooth in particular jobs until someone wants him to be unbeatable again. I also think him being the only mutant not forgiven in Krakoa is significant and he has strong ties to mystique. Your other suggestions are better though.
    Unjobbing is possible, but it's been 18 years (I just round it to 20. Not like it still won't be true then lol)

Him being the only mutant not forgiven was a way to throw him in the trash so Hickman wouldn't have to bother with him. lol

He was gonna have a mini written by Anthony Jeselnik who suggested a story to Hickman.
    https://twitter.com/sebasworld95/sta...841473536?s=20

But by the time it was cleared, Jeselnik said it no longer made sense so late in the game with the current story developments. So he opted out of writing it & went on to other projects.

That right there shows Hickman had no further plans for him. Should a particular writer wanna use him, then cool. But seeing as Logan has a new arch foe now, that shows Creed is yesterday's news. For the best. Retire overused characters that don't add anything to stories. Hopefully Solem, if that's his name, will do well and not get jobbed into villain of the week.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 06-04-2021 at 02:35 PM.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dinosaur Hulk View Post
    Yeah I don't get how you can trust someone who's made backstabbing their profession. Mystique betrayed X-Men every time she saw an opportunity to do so. I understand "keeping your enemies close" but Charles and Eric gone and PROVOKED her in issue 20.
    -What about Irene?
    -And what about her lol? What are you gonna do about this?) Oh right... you can't do ****.

If Xavier isn't ready for Mystique attack, I am gonna call it a very lazy writing. Even if Hickman is one of my favourite writers of all time.
    As mentioned, if Xavier isn't trying to set her up, then yeah he would be very stupid. We'll see if Hickman subverts this trope of characters being idiots when it comes to Mystique or if he's gonna play it straight for the 10th time.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I Hope the story and art are good. If so, I am all for this book.

But I am surprised that they are using the exact same name without any modifications (Inferno) as their 1980's themed event.
    I hope Brooks is drawing, I like his art. I really do hope X Books bring some of the old guard like O.Coipiel, J.Opena maybe even C.Crain but that seems like wishful thinking especially with Crain

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    I hope Brooks is drawing, I like his art. I really do hope X Books bring some of the old guard like O.Coipiel, J.Opena maybe even C.Crain but that seems like wishful thinking especially with Crain
    Every issue is going to be drawn by a different artist, issue one made by current artist of SWORD (Valerio Schiti).
    I highly doubt Brooks is going to draw a full-on issue, haven't seen him draw anything except covers lately.

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    But look at Brooks’ HoX/PoX promo. It was all nonsense. Characters from different eras, multiples of characters, dead characters... none were involved with the story. And those were specific art choices.
    The characters on the center are important. Seems like Moira, Magneto, Charles, Emma and mystique will be the protagonists.

I don’t know if I’d say filler but certainly pretty boring or really anticlimactic when returned to.
    I think that boring and anticlimatic is a common ground for me.
    Last edited by Rang10; 06-04-2021 at 02:38 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Mystique can sell Krakoa to Orchis. Give them the information they need about the The Five so that Nimrod destroys them.
    Plus she has a weapon none of the X-Men do, Irene's precognition to guide her.Surely Irene gave her the blueprint of how to proceed.I doubt it's as nebulous as "burn it all down".She may play a steady long game putting the chess pieces or dominos in place to cascade into position such that she can literally set Krakoa to self destruct.She just has to turn some of the council against itself or the some of the X-Men against the council.It's down to the writers.If I were a writer, I would borrow a leaf in how meticulous Bastion was through Divided We stand, to Messiah War(prelude to be exact) and finally Second Coming.He was a masterful strategist

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dinosaur Hulk View Post
    Every issue is going to be drawn by a different artist, issue one made by current artist of SWORD (Valerio Schiti).
    I highly doubt Brooks is going to draw a full-on issue, haven't seen him draw anything except covers lately.
    I think he did two full issues of XMen Legends just recently , so I think he can do two issues at least, I'm glad Schiti is there too, he's awesome!

I think he did two full issues of XMen Legends just recently , so I think he can do two issues at least, I'm glad Schiti is there too, he's awesome!
    Brooks never did any issue of x-men legends, he is a cover artist, interiors he is too expensive for it

Astonishing Member

Not to mention she could rally more than a few powerful evil mutants to her side. Shaw, Omega Red, and Sabertooth spring to mind. Maybe even Sinister. Not to mention her usual sowing seeds of discord with her shape shifting powers.
    Oh and don't forget Mr.Farouk and Ms.Selene as honourary members lol. Sinister ..that guy is a one man wrecking crew, he would undermine Krakoa all by his lonesome , alliance with Mystique would be for sheer amusement.

I hope that Gambit on teaser means that he will appear and do something at least in this event.

Oh and don't forget Mr.Farouk and Ms.Selene as honourary members lol. Sinister ..that guy is a one man wrecking crew, he would undermine Krakoa all by his lonesome , alliance with Mystique would be for sheer amusement.
    Farouk too busy corrupting kids and Selene has a job on krakoa, so she is busy too

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    I hope that Gambit on teaser means that he will appear and do something at least in this event.
    About that...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Brooks never did any issue of x-men legends, he is a cover artist, interiors he is too expensive for it
    Sorry I meant Brett Booth, I guess Brooks and Booth got me mixed up.I meant Booth.Though Brooks was a long time fave of mine during his New X-Men run and Remender's XForce run, sad that he doesn't do interior work for years now(at least not to my knowledge)
    Last edited by Rev9; 06-04-2021 at 02:53 PM.