Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Not anymore I used to be bother by that. But learn my lesson quick with Parker industries
    I was never a fan of Parker Industries...saw it as something that was a hold over from Otto for no other reason that it had not imploded yet. The thing that really pissed me off was the plagiarism and getting fired as science editor of the Bugle. A serious job for an adult....then here comes the kick in the gonads.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    I just had a horrid thought...with the way Marvel seems to require Peter getting kicked 3 steps back for every step forward he gains...is the Jamie/Clairvoyant mess going to bite him in the ass??

"Well Mr Parker...your lab partner was up to shady stuff and is getting expelled...but there is no way he was up to that without you knowing so you are getting expelled as well."
    I don't know if he needs to get expelled again since it's not like he's accomplished much so far, but who knows.

I think MJ's movie is going to have a worse fallout for her than whatever Peter will have to deal with for his career.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't know if he needs to get expelled again since it's not like he's accomplished much so far, but who knows.

I think MJ's movie is going to have a worse fallout for her than whatever Peter will have to deal with for his career.
    That would piss me off to no end.

Mighty Member

I think Peter will not get blamed for Jamie's activities because I think there is going to be a story line about the Lizard going bad again.

Extraordinary Member

It is also really pissing me off that more often than not things have to tie back into Peter as Spider-Man. The Clairvoyant is just a macguffin to get Peter involved in more superhero/Spidey stuff. Why not have just had a solid recurring sub-plot of Peter back in school working on science stuff to get his doctorate for the purpose of displaying Peter's intellect?

Why not just get rid of Peter all together? Just a comic of Spider-Man running around in his tights doing Spider-Man stuff.

Astonishing Member

It is also really pissing me off that more often than not things have to tie back into Peter as Spider-Man. The Clairvoyant is just a macguffin to get Peter involved in more superhero/Spidey stuff. Why not have just had a solid recurring sub-plot of Peter back in school working on science stuff to get his doctorate for the purpose of displaying Peter's intellect?

Why not just get rid of Peter all together? Just a comic of Spider-Man running around in his tights doing Spider-Man stuff.
    Since Marvel wanted no marriage ( FU oops thank you for that Quesada and Wacker) I actually would have preferred a Slott run with limited Peter and believe it or not no MJ or Felicia to selling his soul to Mephisto, loser Peter and BND. But as for Peter There are many reasons why Marvel will not get rid of Peter ( money being a prime but not the only reason). But for hose who want more action and less of an alter ego storyline, you can read always read Miles.

Astonishing Member

Since Marvel wanted no marriage ( FU oops thank you for that Quesada and Wacker) In hindsight, I wonder if it would have been better to have a more Spider-Man action oriented Slott run with limited Peter and believe it or not no MJ or Felicia to selling his soul to Mephisto, loser Peter and BND. But as for Peter There are many reasons why Marvel will not get rid of Peter ( money being a prime but not the only reason). But for those who want more action and less of an alter ego and love interest storyline, you can read always read Miles.

That would piss me off to no end.
    How so?

Well, it's not unheard of that stuff in Peter Parker's life crosses over into Spider-Man, there just should still be a better balance between the two identities.
    Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    Since Marvel wanted no marriage ( FU oops thank you for that Quesada and Wacker) In hindsight, I wonder if it would have been better to have a more Spider-Man action oriented Slott run with limited Peter and believe it or not no MJ or Felicia to selling his soul to Mephisto, loser Peter and BND. But as for Peter There are many reasons why Marvel will not get rid of Peter ( money being a prime but not the only reason). But for those who want more action and less of an alter ego and love interest storyline, you can read always read Miles.
    Miles has that stuff too though?

Astonishing Member

How so?

Well, it's not unheard of that stuff in Peter Parker's life crosses over into Spider-Man, there just should still be a better balance between the two identities.

Miles has that stuff too though?
    Miles does but certainly not to the level of Peter. In no particular order Betty, Gwen, MJ, Felicia, Carlie, Cindy and others say hello.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    That's like saying it's ok to call Tombstone a n***** just because he's an all-around horrible person who happens to be black.
    I don't think that's really a fair comparison. Spider-man comics have never gone down that road with the quips. A better comparison to the Kingpin's weight might be when Spider-man makes fun of Doc Ock's Moe Howard fruit bowl haircut.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    I know, right? Having Spider-man belittle people's physical appearance is really awesome, is very definitely heroic, and in no way can have a negative impact on young readers who may be struggling with their weight.
    Isn't the whole point of the quips is for spider-man to get the villain off their game and win the fight when the villain is blinded with rage based on the comments made.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tears4Fears View Post
    Isn't the whole point of the quips is for spider-man to get the villain off their game and win the fight when the villain is blinded with rage based on the comments made.
    Flash used the same excuse when he was bullying Peter as well. Whether it's valid is up to interpretation.

Quote Originally Posted by Tears4Fears View Post
    I don't think that's really a fair comparison. Spider-man comics have never gone down that road with the quips. A better comparison to the Kingpin's weight might be when Spider-man makes fun of Doc Ock's Moe Howard fruit bowl haircut.
    Just because you view it that way, doesn't make it so.

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    Miles does but certainly not to the level of Peter. In no particular order Betty, Gwen, MJ, Felicia, Carlie, Cindy and others say hello.
    Starling, Bombshell, Tomoe, Gwen...

I wish we could stop counting Cindy.

Extraordinary Member

How so?

I just want Pete and MJ in a healthy, stable relationship leading to marriage and want them both to have solid careers in their fields. MU being a working model/actress who can pick and choose which jobs she takes is part of that.

And yes...Pete needs to work on that work/life/other life balance. I really do want to see Peter be involved in non Spidey stuff with his family and friends.

Astonishing Member

Starling, Bombshell, Tomoe, Gwen...

I wish we could stop counting Cindy.
    I certainly am no Cindy fan, but she has to be counted even know she sucked ( just like the Clone Saga, Shed, Chapter One, Abrams Spider-Man, The Other, OMD and BMD). Why? It is history.